[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hiking bro's, euro edition. post where you from and meet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 29

File: Europe_flags.png (94KB, 1200x996px)
Europe_flags.png
94KB, 1200x996px
hiking bro's, euro edition. post where you from and meet up. im from Belgica.
>>
>>800057
fixed
>>
>>802590
Lapuan liike
>>
>>802590

Unironically upboated
>>
French Faggot here.
>>
>>803651
Why is everything white? Is that all the countrys you surrendered too over the years?
>>
File: cK4001j.gif (29KB, 482x800px) Image search: [Google]
cK4001j.gif
29KB, 482x800px
>>803653
>>
>>803651
I live in Dol de Bretagne m8 and you ?
>>
>>803651
You're really a faggot matthias.
>>
>>800057
Belgian
>>
>>803651
I'm also from France, Normandy.
Interested in meeting up ?
>>
>>805334
Yeah, why not give me a mail or something so i can contact you.
>>
>>805492
>>
Spain reporting in
>>
Burgas/Sofia

Bulgaria
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Skjeberg/ Norway
>>
Is there actually anywhere to enjoy nature in Europe?
I'm American, and from what I've heard, the only really good places are in America with exception to maybe a few mountains in Europe.
>>
>>800057
>>806456

Trondheim, Norway reporting innawoodz.
>>
>>806480
Natti natt, kompis!
>>
>no catalan flag on catalonia
>>
>>806512
Hurt my feelings

French fag reporting in. From South of France, anyone?
>>
>>802590
What is supposed to be represented over France?
>>
>>800057
Irish
>>
Latvia
>>
I'll be in Romania for the summer. I doubt anyone's here though...
>>
Denmark, rapporterer ind!
>>
austria
>>
File: 299px-Steiermark_in_Austria.svg.png (18KB, 299x167px) Image search: [Google]
299px-Steiermark_in_Austria.svg.png
18KB, 299x167px
Austria - Styria

>>807185

Sers Oida
>>
>>807101
'sup broski?ardeal coming through
>>
>>807185
>>807265
what do you think about the re-election?

Styria
>>
>>807101
Galati here tbqh
>>
>>807282

Bullshit/Vuischaß

I don't think Hofer or VDB would be a proper president for austria. they are both extremists in their own way. But I would prefer a chainsmoking hippy over a nationalistic douche as president.
>>
>>807283
Arad mang,why havent you embraced the cradle of western civilisation and moved to Ardeal?
>>
>>807281
>>807283
Huh, I'm from Bucharest. We are pretty far apart from eachother...
If you wanna go hiking somewhere though, let me know.
>>
>>807178
Hey man! Er du jyllandfag?
>>
>>807289
Austria here. Viennafag originally from Vorarlberg

i used to voting green for a long time. but the party became so fucking arrogant and some of Van der Bellen's remarks during the election reminded me why I stopped voting for them.
So yeah, shit sux now either way.
>>
>>806966
where do you actually /out/?
>>
>>806597
An axe I think, a francisca more precisely https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisca?oldformat=true
>>
>>800057
Frog reporting in, living on the Mediterranean coast pic related
The plains are rather densily populated but there are mountains nearby so it's alright to go /out/ + the sea
>>
>>807685
Mec je suis de Montpellier. Tu vas dans les Pyrénées de temps en temps ? Ou l'arrière pays ya des des endroits cool aussi
>>
>>807687

Spanish pyrenees are master race, mec.
>>
>>807687
Ouais de temps en temps, mais je vais surtout dans les contreforts du Massif Central parce que ça demande moins de préparation et généralement y'a moins de monde que dans les Pyrénées je trouve
Sinon un peu dans les Corbières, et les Cévennes c'est mon terrain de jeu préféré
>>
File: TFWvotedNO.jpg (405KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
TFWvotedNO.jpg
405KB, 800x533px
Purest of pure checking in; Scotland.
>>
File: Gavarnie paysage Pyrénées.jpg (4MB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
Gavarnie paysage Pyrénées.jpg
4MB, 3000x1688px
>>807689
French Pyrenees are god tier too, even if the Spanish side is bigger
>>
>>807689
>>807693
>>807695

Never been to the Spanish side as I'm from Cerdagne, I usually go there.
Parc naturel des Bouillouses > all
Canigo > all
>>
>>807699
>Cerdagne

Legit question, how do you feel about our new region named Occitanie ? Local news keep saying how the French Catalans are protesting because the name reject them
>>
>>807701
Ofc I'd like them to put 'catalan' or 'catalogne' in this name but honnestly I'm not going to stop using the old name.
It's just a name, people need to chill about it I think, we will get used to it
>>
>>807704
>honnestly I'm not going to stop using the old name.

Yeah me too, I'm pretty sure everyone who grew up with the former name will keep using it, only children born this year or close enough will say Occitanie later.
And I think they add Pyrénées-Méditerranée as "subtitle" when the name is used anyway
>>
>>807687 here, can you tell me where this >>807689 is ? I think it's pretty famous but I can't remember the name and place. Always said I would go there one day, but never went
>>
>>807712
Not him but it's written in the filename m8, parc national d'Ordesa
>>
>>807712

Monte Perdido, Ordesa.

If you dont cross the canyon, climb up Monte Perdido and go back all the way to the bus in one day you're a shitter.

There's a refuge on the base of the mountain that is always filled with normie scum.
>>
>>807101
Scottish but living in Serbia. Fancy cycling to the black sea on the Danube route. Ever done it Romanian brus?
>>
File: IMG_20160628_184634_HDR.jpg (5MB, 4208x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160628_184634_HDR.jpg
5MB, 4208x2368px
>>807694
Good man. Fellow Scot here. Was just up Schiehallion way for a few days. Mostly building dams and getting high.
>>
>>807718
When I get /out/ I usually go for 3 to 5 days but never sleep in refuge
>>
>>807724
>Schiehallion

Nice, the whole location round Schiehallion and Loch Rannoch is beautiful, especially in the summer. Where you from?
>>
File: IMG_20160629_162055_HDR.jpg (2MB, 4208x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160629_162055_HDR.jpg
2MB, 4208x2368px
>>807694
Good man. Fellow Scot here. Was just up Schiehallion way for a few days. Mostly building dams and getting high. >>807734

Aye it's cracking there. From Dunfermline but live in the Balkans. Just came back for a job. Some great roads up there for driving too, glen Lyon and such.

Where you from good sir?
>>
I'm french and I know people complaining on the internet is nothing new but metropolitan france is a tiny country that has the chance of having a shitload of diversity for such a small geographic area.

The problem is, you can't find /innawoods/ type of location because anywhere you go there's a garantee of a village with roads, private property and regulations and other human activities within 10km.

We have national parks and stuff BUT you can't set up camp, build a fire, go hunting, or do anything really. All those places have hiking trails but the typical french trails is like a fucking highway with roadside wooden indicators telling where you are etc..

The average french definition of camping is the RV type with showers, parking etc..

We simply do not have wide natural spaces with little human presence.
I'm pretty jelly of canada and the US.
>>
File: stuttgart-info-1.jpg (44KB, 486x365px)
stuttgart-info-1.jpg
44KB, 486x365px
Germany, Stuttgart.

Gonna move to a small town close to Stuttgart in august, looking forward to some Schwarzwald-Adventures.
>>
File: 20160704_101901.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160704_101901.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
dunno why pic is upsidedown

just did jungfrau in switzerland recently

Where should I go next? Does anything top this?

>tfw all the other tourists were Asian
>>
>>807776
You are not wrong, but honestly I get along fine with illegal camping, and at least we don't have top worry about bears and such
Small consolation I agree, but the vast wilderness of America and the tamed nature of Europe both have their pros and cons
>>
>tfw living in the Netherlands
>try to raise a tent
>people from the other side of the country can see it on the horizon

Where are the fucking mountains
>>
>>807723
Štaš tu koji kurac? Lol da fuck you doing in Serbia?
>>
>>807798
I live in black bear country and I don't worry about bears either. Just don't bring food in your tent.
>>
File: isle-of-wight.jpg (34KB, 480x294px) Image search: [Google]
isle-of-wight.jpg
34KB, 480x294px
Isle of Wight
>>
>>807694
More like lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth. You couldn't even find a decent civilization to be colonized by. And all the fresh air in the world isn't gonna make fucking difference.
>>
>>808722
You seem to be pretty salty whereas he isn't. Maybe you need some fresh air.
>>
Italy here... lot of sea, very dense populated region, but we have Alps...
>>
>>808722
ayy chill out lad
>>
>>808722
>He prefers civilization over fresh air

lmoa
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 289x175px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 289x175px
Alentejo-Portugal.
>>
Germanfaggot here. I want to go hiking with my gf next month. We want to visit Bordeaux for a few days, then go to the coast and stay there for a few days and then go hiking in the Pyrenees.

Any tips or suggestions? We're considering going to the mediteranean coast as well, to Nîmes for example. We're pretty active, but don't want to go hiking for 3 weeks straight. Are there bus connections down there between the small towns? Thanks
>>
>>809187
>Are there bus connections down there between the small towns?

Yes there is a good bus system
Otherwise the train is great too, as a German you must be accustomed to proper railways, as far as I know it's the same here. They go pretty much everywhere and aren't too expensive, just hope to avoid yet another strike
Nîmes is a cool city, but it's nowhere as big as Bordeaux so no need to take several days I think. There's also the Pont du Gard nearby, highest Roman aqueduct left. The south is very diverse both in architecture and nature so it really depends what you want to see.
>>
File: planet-observer_PORSH.jpg (179KB, 1444x967px) Image search: [Google]
planet-observer_PORSH.jpg
179KB, 1444x967px
Schleswig-Holstein meerumschlungen

oceans and agriculture
>>
>>809209
Thanks for your response!
I already took a look and the Bus between Bordeaux and Lacanau (a coast town) only costs 2€ which is nothing for a two hour drive.

I remember Southern France pretty well because I went there quite a lot with my parents when I was younger. The Ardèche is pretty neat.
But I've probably been to every menhir and dolmen in the Bretange because my dad is interested in megaliths. But I'm no fan of the weather.
>>
>>809220
>>809220 I've never been on the south western Atlantic coast so I can't really advise you about the area, I only know Bayonne is supposedly very nice and chill, and the coast is a renown surf spot. Also there's the big Landes forest, very lightly populated area with nice forest hikes and the Pilat Dune, highest sand dune in Europe About megaliths, if you like them there are actually quite a lot in the south, Brittany is THE place in France to see some but not the only one, pic related There are also various petroglyphs like in the Vallée des Merveilles (valley of wonders) in the Alps where more than 40 500 have been discovered
>>
>>809187
>to Nîmes
WOAW

MASSIVE SHITHOLE .
seriously.

Montpellier, avignon, ganges for nature stuff, carcassone for history or toulouse 2h from Bordx because it's awesome.

Nimes? a-fucking-void
>>
>>809264
>Nîmes
>Shithole

In what parallel dimension are you living ? What are even your criteria to say it's shit ? It has very well preserved Roman remains like the temple (Maison Carré) and the Arenas, typical southern architecture, qt streets, good restaurants... Without saying it's the best place out there, what the fuck is wrong with this city according to you ?
And please, don't go "muh muslims" because all the places you mentionned are the same in that aspect
>>
>>809268
Look. My best friend studied two years there.
I know the city VERY fucking well. The city has this little historical city center of approximately 2/3 miles by 3 with yes, les arenes and paved nice little streets.

Then what?

The rest is a greyish, badly developped, no economic activity, no known cultural events or thing besides la feria, full of dogshit, the city has a serious problem with liter, full of cas sociaux, and yes the crime levels are unseen in a city that small.

Nime is a fucking whole. People aren't nice the transport system sucks.
There is no developed restaurant scene, the bars are amazingly shit.

I'm not lying or make this up. Nime is just not a nice city to visit. It's mediocre and subpar in every fucking possible way. Nothing to do.

Are you seriously even going to pretend Montpellier doesn't fucking crush N on the bar, restaurant, culture (our fucking opera has to go on mini tour to nimes because they can't into music lel), we actually have music venues here a jardin botanique and our ecusson (historical city center) is a little bit nicer although it's fucking riddled with piss and dogshit too.

We have like a third of the population that are students so a nice little partying life happens here. Nimes has an unemployment tradition that is kind of sad and yes it makes it full of small time criminal. It's the second most surveilled city in france. Full of video cameras because they couldn't hire police anymore. I think Nimes also has one of the highest local taxes in all of france because of the police department.

Comparing nimes to all the other places in the region is just too fucking easy.

The only reason people know the city is because of les arenes which are actually not being conserved properly last time I heard.

Nimes being shit has nothing to do with muslims. Its mediocrity lies in
I defy anyone who spends an hour on google street view who centure OUTSIDE the small historical center to tell me they want to go there.
>>
>>802590
>Belarus is communist
>Russia is nazi
???
>>
>>809285
Yeah one of my friends studied there as well and I live in Hérault so not far, I've been to Nîmes several times.
A tourist has no reason to care about the economic activity or the poor shape of the suburbs he wouldn't put a foot in anyway.
I don't disagree with what you said, I prefer every single cities you listed before actually. But the way you put it is worse than reality, spending a day in Nîmes as a tourist isn't the same as living there or spending several weeks. It's nice to visit the small center you mentionned, to see what there is to see.
Do you think a tourist cares about unemployment, cameras, taxes ? I sure as hell don't when I go somewhere.
As for nightlife, artistic life, events etc obviously Montpellier is better, it's far bigger and one of the most dynamic city of the country. I never said Nîmes could rival Montpellier, I just disagree with the way you are making Nîmes sound like a place to absolutely avoid.
Yes, compared to other places it's not that good, but it's not a no go zone either, especially for a quick day trip.
And do you think Montpellier looks good everywhere ? Do you think Avignon is just the beautiful Papal Palace and absolutely no problem ? Do you think Carcassonne is only the citadel and nothing else ? They look meh outside of the historical place, but then again why would a tourist go visit fucking HLMs ? He isn't planning to move there, you know.
One day in Nîmes is fine.
>>
>>809230
Thank you, I'm currently researching the places you mentioned. Your suggestions seem very interesting.

I'm sorry for instigating your liitle argue about Nîmes... ;)
I't interesting to see an internal perspective about it, though. I haven't heard about Nîmes that way before, but my parents traval a lot to Southern France and they have some opinions, too.

There are towns which look like they are from Northern Africa. The men are sitting in the midday sun, smoking water pipe and drinking tea while their wives are wearing burkas and carry large grocery bags while pusing a baby stroller.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very tolerant and not your average 4chan user when it comes to Muslims, but this really makes you think about immigration.

If you and the other French anon have more suggestions, I'd be thankful. As I mentioned, we're not interested in clubbing/dancing/cocktail bars and that sort of thing. We intend to visit some larger cities, but only for a few days. We're mainly interested in nature, culture and hiking.
Have a nice day, you two
>>
>>809311
Well it's a healthy debate so far
About immigration, can't say you are wrong, this happens. The neighborhood I'm currently living is in majority muslims honestly, everytime I go outside I am the minority. And that doesn't mean they are all terrorists or some shit, but even when they behave well I find it unacceptable to have that kind of places, I honestly loath more and more hearing pretty much only Arabic everytime I go to the local supermarket, so yeah without being /pol/ tier I have my views on immigration too. The problem being that most of the Muslims nowadays aren't new, refugees, or anything, they are born here and yet integrate little. So it's not like some illegals you can properly send home, but anyway that's another topic entirely
Concerning suggestions, the towns he mentionned are great. Montpellier has a very large historical center with all that entails (one of the oldest European university, cathedrals, narrow medieval streets etc), an efficient common transportation system (you can go to the sea from the heart of the city with the tramways), lots of young people and tourists, really worth it. Carcassonne has the huuuge walled citadel. It doesn't have a village feel as it is very touristic, it's almost like a giant museum, but really worth it it's an impressive place. Avignon used to be the siege of the Papacy during more than a century so there is a massive fortified palace, another impressive place. Aigues-Mortes is a walled city as well, quaint town, on the shore of a lake with pink waters. It's rather touristic but less than the ones I mentionned so it may have a more "authentic" feel. There's a god tier restaurant there, the Tac-Tac, with hundreds and hundreds of different spirits, beers, wine, enormous ham plates...Should you go to Aigues-Mortes, it's worth paying a visit, it's excellent.
(cont)
>>
>>809311
>>809323
(cont)
There's Toulouse, biggest city in the south-west which is also great. A bit like a bigger Montpellier, as it is also a dynamic city with a lot of young people and deep rooted in the south. It is nicknamed "the pink city" because of its red bricks, signature of the architecture of the city. It has the largest preserved Romanesque church in Europe (Saint-Sernin basilica), a large historical center, as well as a beautiful Japanese style garden, and other old religious buildings built in typical style from the region. Really worth it.
Albi, then again great preserved center, and an exceptionnal cathedral, the "Sainte-Cécile", I'll let you look for pics yourself.
There are other cities but off to nature now: First of all, the Cévennes national park. Mountainous areas, it's one of the most forested place in France, it really is fucking beautiful. Thriving wildlife (well, for European standarts ofc), deep river gorges and canyons, lots of small villages with untouched architecture, low population density...Robert Louis Stevenson hiked there and made a book about it.
Also the Espinouse and Caroux ranges, not so high actually but really rocky, sporty terrains (and beautiful), lots of proper hikes there and not many foreign tourists. There is also the Aubrac plateau, a plateau usually around 1200-1400m high, lush green, it's a vast open space, a breath of fresh air and the food there is god tier
Basically if you like nature the Lozère department is for you: half of it is the Cévennes park I mentionned, the rest if the Aubrac and various forested/moutainous areas.
Basically the whole Massif Central is great, but as it is the most isolated place in France (despite being right in the middle of the south) a car would help if you want to go deeper. However the parts I mentionned (Cévennes, Lozère, Espinouse, Caroux) are mostly south of the range so you don't have to go deeper to visit them

(cont)
>>
>>809323
>>809338
(cont)
If you prefer the sea, the Côte d'Azur is rather crowded but the Calanques national park is absolutely gorgeous. It's near Marseille, which despite its shit reputation is alright for tourists, just expect to see half of Algeria there. The Verdon Gorges not far are the deepest river canyon in Europe, crysal clear water, breathtaking. If you are willing to go that far east well the Alps are an obvious answer, the Mercantour national park (including the valley of wonder I mentionned earlier) is god tier. There is also the famous Mont Ventoux great for a day hike, known for being a hard stop of the Tour de France, an isolated peak from which you have an incredible view.
Since you go to the Pyrenees, there are the Corbières mountains. It's an extension of the range in the Aude department, so it's not as high and challenging as the Pyrenees yet but it's an intriguing place with a lot of forests and castles builts on cliffs, rocks, very impressive. Home of the Cathars, there is an atmosphere about this place. In the Pyrenees proper I know about the Cirque of Gavarnie and the Brèche de Roland, google them both top places.
There are dozens and dozens of cities, mountains, lakes, forests...I haven't mentionned, because it would be too long or because I haven't been there (I've seen all the places I talked about) but that's a good start. Also the things I mentionned are sometimes far from each other but with the trains and buses it's good enough.
Finally, just a list of random places I remember and can look for yourself: Tarn gorges, the volcanoes of the Puy-de-Dôme, the mountains of the Cantal
I'll just make a last post with useful links
>>
>>809347
Some good links:
A map of the "most beautiful French village", all worth it if you are into this kind of thing http://www.les-plus-beaux-villages-de-france.org/en/the-most-beautiful-villages-of-france
This map, of the natural regions of France. It's in French, but basically you can click on any one you want and don't need to know French to look at the pics, and look yourself for further informations if you see something interesting http://www.tourisme-en-france.com/fr/regions-france
And then just this, I talked about Lozère here and had the occasion to mention it on /trv/ some days ago where I posted several pics, so that should give you an idea of what I'm talking about /trv/>>>1133801
>>
>>809350
Fugg I meant >>>/trv/1133801
>>
>>809311
Oh and I can't help to mention the Dordogne départment, no need to make a long post I did it there already kek >>>/trv/1133909
(y-yes I love my country)
>>
>>809323
>>809338
>>809347
>>809350
>>809353
>>809358

Wow, I'm really amazed by your dedication! Thanks a lot!

I've copied your posts in a word document and will look at everything closely. I've looked up some places already and this looks marvellous!

We haven't planned anything yet, we just know that we want to start in Bordeaux and go to Lacanau from there. I've already seen that there are bus routes along the coast. The Landes forest seems like a must, as well as the Pilat dune.

The Pyrenees aren't a must and we'll probably go directly in the direction of Toulouse from there, maybe after a visit to Bayonne. We will look very carefully through your suggestions and piece together a nice route. Since we don't have a car, some planning in advance is required. But this looks really, really aweseome! I'm quite impressed with your knowledge and your willingness to share it.

The Cathars have very nice fortresses by the way, so the Corbières seem like a must, too. We're both history students, so this is particularily interesting.

About the subject in the beginning, I'm really feeling for you. My older brothers studies in Dortmund and he feels like a foreigner in his neighborhood, too. I'm not particularily nationalistic, but this is the area where I'm beginning to see a problem.

Anyway, I have to go now, but the threads stay up quite a long time. I'll probably have some follow-up questions about these places.
J'espère aussi que j'ameliorai mon français parce que je n'ai pas parlé beaucoup depuis mon bac. Mais j'ai appris le Francais pour sept ans. Merci beaucoup et une bonne soirée!
>>
>>809363
De rien l'ami, un plaisir
I'll keep an eye on the thread if you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask them in /trv/ in the France thread I linked, after all it's the proper place for this and I'll check it as well
Bonne soirée !
>>
>>809311
I'm gonna give you a pass on Nimes because you have moderate opinions and you really made
>>809323
>>809338
>>809347
>>809350
4 posts which did a way better job at summing all this stuff up than I could ever do. I agree with all of it. First time on the chins I see someone who actually knows the South.

>>809311
>nature, culture and hiking
Okay so there are 3 areas which would perfectly suit you the way I see it.
Pyrenees - Lozere - Cevennes Sud Ganges area
Ganges being a huge place for montpellierfags like me because it's near where I live, and it's not only great for hiking, it's mountainous; there's canoe installations, via ferrata, spelunking, rock climbing, caves, forest lots of variety.

also it's going to be blazing hot. Last year was so cash I spent the whole summer /in/. 36C in the shadows 10 more in the sun, no wind. This year is less harsh.
>>
>>809218
Rightful Danish clay
>>
File: Skärmklipp.png (184KB, 369x567px) Image search: [Google]
Skärmklipp.png
184KB, 369x567px
Miles and miles of untouched forest in walking distance
Not that much in the way of creepy crawlies
A couple of hours by car to the Scandes and Norway

Hunting, fishing, hiking and the archipelago

Town is Luleå btw
Literally the /out/doorsmans dream
>>
>>809381
>First time on the chins I see someone who actually knows the South.

Well what can I say, I was always interested in nature and history but only these past few years I started to realize how rich this country is in those aspects, from then I read more and more about it and started visiting myself, and I don't think the grass is greener in other countries anymore. Oh I love our neighbouring countries as well, but I feel more and more closer to this country and the south in particular as I discover new places to go everyday.
We can't rival the raw wilderness of the New World, of Africa, of Australia, but so much happened in Europe that even if we are tiny countries there will always be somewhere to go, and I don't mind my nature with a few qt villages here and there rather than "muh untouched forest where no one lives in a thousand miles"

Also fuck yeah it's hot, be prepared for that German anon. The south west is usually colder than the Languedoc and Provence, but when it's a matter of 1-2 degrees it doesn't make any difference you'll burn all the same. 34 °C today in my hometown
>>
>>807265
>>807185
Wazzup homies. Where do you go camping?
>>
>>807979
>not digging a hole for pitching your tent
also whats a nice place to hike/camp in NL?
>>
>>809386
didn't the danish loose it to Bismarck and after ww1 only nordslesvig wanted to be danish again?
they did not really teach this stuff in school

i'm sure denmark is the better out country though
>>
File: DSC05886.jpg (4MB, 5456x3064px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05886.jpg
4MB, 5456x3064px
From Bavaria, south of munich.
Where in the Alps can I really get /out/?
Any one near?
Pic is Hochstaufen
>>
>>812560

Alps are crowded as fuck

Just go to a random no-name town that has mountains nearby and climb one.
>>
>>812560
Anywhere, really.
Beware that
>Alps are crowded as fuck
Unless you know good spots, are skilled (i.e. can go where all the families can't go), or pick your time well.

Anyway, avoid Stubai Valley, Zillertal and Nordkette, it's full of Tourists.
Though some side valleys might be acceptable.
The central Karwendel is pretty empty if you're lucky, so is the area between Sellrain, Ötztal, and Stubai.
>get /out/
What's your skill level? What are you looking do to? Hiking, climbing? Mountaineering? Hut to Hut or with a tent? Experience with Glaciers? MTB? Just relaxing near some lake?
>>
>>812650
Also, I forgot:
Other than alps, the Franconian Swiss and Bavarian Forest National Park are nice as well.
>>
File: IMG_20160711_162438.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160711_162438.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
>>800057
Southwestern France, not many mountains nearby (well the Pyrenees aren't that far on car but not close either) but it's very woody
>>
File: DSC04658.jpg (5MB, 5456x3632px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04658.jpg
5MB, 5456x3632px
>>812650
I like hiking and would like to get more into mountaineering, only done a few smaller peaks (up to 2000meters), but those with ease. I'm quite fit and hiked a lot for half a year NZ (up to a week).

I thinking about packing my rucksack, taking my bike and just camp whereever while climbing some 2000m peaks. Not sure how easy it is to wildcamp there yet, any experience?

Pic is Routeburn NZ
>>
>>812800
>Not sure how easy it is to wildcamp there yet, any experience?
As long as you're a decent human being, it's not a problem. Bring your trash back down, leave no trace, no open fire, choose your spot wisely, etc.

Be well prepared (rain gear) and check the weather report properly (zamg, bergfex).

Habicht or Serles are really nice mountains. No real climbing required.
The immediate peaks around Pfeishütte are pretty easy too. And you can combine it with a 2 or 3 day tour.
For example, take the train to Scharnitz, go up to around Gleirschkar one day, camp there, then do a peak of your choice next day, and return to Scharnitz. Or continue over Birkkarspitze north for a third day.

If you've gathered some experience, you can try some easy "climbing" (UIAA I - II: exposed parts, maybe a small gap to jump; hands are used for balance, rarely for actual climbing).

Rumer Spitz and Brandjochspitz from South Ridge are examples at Nordkette.

Or take your pick from alpenvereinaktiv.com and hikr.org.
>>
Anyone hike/camp in Portugal? My family is Portuguese and I want to hit two birds with one stone by flying to Portugal to see what the motherland is like, while doing the Camino De Santiago via the Portuguese Way. Is it nice country? Frequent camping spots? Would I be fine not being able to speak Portuguese. I only speak English.
>>
>>812864
>>812800
I forgot to mention, the first part of the scharnitz tour is nice to do with a bike.
>>
>>807289
Couldn´t agree more. Furthermore who the fuck can vote for a burschschaftler claim not to be a complete retard?
>>
>>807265
Guat hamas dawischt zum wandern !
>>
>>800057
>tfw no belgian pal to learn hiking with
>>
File: IMG_20160425_094833855.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160425_094833855.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>812869
Portuguese anon representing in. Our most /out/ location by excellence are Gerês national park and Serra da Estrela natural park both are great for the Portuguese reality but can't be compared to NA parameters.

Gerês is up north and the place you'll find more variety of both fauna and flora. I love it there and wild camping there before, but have in mind that wild camping is illegal. Serra da Estrela has the highest point on the mainland, it has lots of trails and it great during the winter for snow related activities.

We also have more natural parks but they're smaller and not so good. You can still find some other good places in rural parts of the country, they're most likely to be private though.

Near Lisbon you have Serra da Arrábida, lots of people hike and MTB there.

Other than that you need to have in mind that our /out/door culture is mostly beach related, from the north to the very south you'll find great beaches if you're into that.

The country itself if comfy as fuck, safe, great weather, friendly people, great food and we're also European champions, so the ambient is nice right now.
We just need to find a way to start creating jobs. LOL.

English is not a problem desu, since we have lots of tourism, you'll always find someone that speaks it, even the older folks will try to communicate with you even if they can't into english.

Btw I have done the Portuguese way of the camino last year, one of the best experiences of my life, lad.

Anyways, if you have a specific question feel free to ask. Pic related.

One more thing, I hope you all French anons are safe.
>>
File: IMG_20160715_180303.jpg (891KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160715_180303.jpg
891KB, 1536x1152px
>>814960
>One more thing, I hope you all French anons are safe.

Frog here, thanks man
I spent the day /out/ and the events of last night seemed very far away. Only seemed tho
>>
Where all the Finnish Jormas?
Eastern Finland here.
>>
>>815326
Didn't read the thread as euro only because I'm retarded. Sorry!
>>
File: lochaffric.jpg (328KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
lochaffric.jpg
328KB, 950x633px
I'm from Scotland.

I like Glen Affric.
>>
Baguettefag here. I'm thinking about moving to the country with my gf and escape the shitshow that is Ile-de-France. Would anyone mind pointing me towards a peaceful and beautiful place that is still fairly close to civilization?
We can move around europe quite easily but we'd rather move to a french or english speaking country.
>>
>>815332
What are you into /out/ wise ?
I warn you I mostly know about the southern half of France but it's very diverse so there are several options for what you are looking for
>>
>>815349
I enjoy hillwalking and I'd like to try my hand at fishing one day so mountains, rivers and lakes would definitely be a plus
>>
>>815360
I live in Montpellier but I'm from the Pyrenees Orientales, which I obviously love. Honnestly it has some really great places if you're not looking for absolute loneliness which seems to be the case.
Always loved the Parc des Bouillouses even though it's crowded during summer. It has some awesome lakes where you can fish too
>>
>>807178
Here too.
Jutland, motorway or reserveswede?
>>
>>812542
Not that anon, but as far as i know the danes lost it because there where sent a lot of german settlers there before they made the referendum.
>>
>>815319
Not finnfag here:
Wait, people from finland actualy want to communicate with each other?
>>
>>816352
yes, the danish were only a minority of 5 to 10 %.

some of the villages nearby were founded as colonies but only about 500 colonists stayed to live in these.
>>
>>815319
I have been here since thread started
t >>803559
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.