[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey whats the best material or design for camouflage, particularly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (309KB, 761x763px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
309KB, 761x763px
Hey whats the best material or design for camouflage, particularly in an urban area?
>>
....wut?

Does material really matter that much? And for urban? Wtf are you doing OP?
>>
File: seesay_0.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
seesay_0.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
yeah OP where you at?
>>
flecktarn, right?
>>
My friend inherited a shiton of money and plans on buying a ghost town any turning it into a paintball place
>>
>>799036
>camo
>urban
Find a bum around your size and trade clothes with him.
Noone will even look at you and you will be invisable to society.
>>
>>799098
Wrong. The police will see you
>>
>>799118
If OP is doing anything illegal his best option is crime first then trade with a hobo
>>
File: UCP_pattern.jpg (143KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
UCP_pattern.jpg
143KB, 500x500px
>>799036
Prepare to disappear...
>>
>>799036
Solid color like Olive drab vs. camouflage pattern

Which one /out/ ?
>>
>>799244
>>799036

Why are you guys just posting blank images?
>>
>>799262
Kek
>>
>>799244
Worst camouflage ever.

Can't go wrong with bdu or multicam
>>
>>799045
That sounds like some kind of childhood fantasy thing. How old are you and your friend?

If legit, then enjoy your complementary vagrants and skinwalker.

I can see it now.. Busy hiding from said friend, getting ready to ambush him, and something catches you in the corner of your eye.. You look up just to briefly notice some inhuman face staring back at you just before your friend pelts you in the head. Then the face is gone.. Do you tell him? Even if you do, does he believe you? Either way, he just suggested you guys camp out there for a few days, he wants to try out this thing called a S.T.A.L.K.E.R challenge.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>799265
>>
>they said I'd blend right in
>>
File: camo_couch.jpg (93KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
camo_couch.jpg
93KB, 750x600px
>>799036
>urban area
I got you covered OP.

>>799244
Ayy
>>
>>799036
The best camp for urban is regular clothes so you blend in
>>
>>799737
This is basically perfect. I may not agree with all of the grey man concept but dressing and acting like those around you does wonders
>>
>>799036
>>
File: 1f09-big.jpg (16KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
1f09-big.jpg
16KB, 250x150px
>>799036
>>
If anyone in this thread thinks urban cammouflage actually means anything other than dark blue jeans and a black coat/vest then that person should fucking think about what stealth actually is.

Walking around in cargo pants and military looking paterns fucking screams "check this dude out".
A regular backpack is miles better than those fucking tactical looking bags with straps and stuff.
>>
File: cPR8Qs1.png (109KB, 2406x1543px) Image search: [Google]
cPR8Qs1.png
109KB, 2406x1543px
>>799038
That's some Nazi tier right there.

>>800297
Urban camo is mostly just a fashion trend you see rappers wear using this pattern.
>>
>>799036
2 ideas
Khaki shorts, New Balance shoes, graphic T-shirt, i-phone w/headphones, glasses, messenger bag
You will blend in and become invisible

Dickies olive drab work shirt, tucked in (long sleeve), pants, work boots, solid color ball cap, belt, gloves, lunchbox cooler or Walmart bag with burritos and water, mustache will help, shirt needs a patch above the left pocket with Jose or Juan embroidered on it
Again, invisible, you blend in, background scenery
>>
Get a bunch of flyers and dress as a fast food mascot and try to hand them to people.
They will actively avoid and forget they saw you.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>799036
The only concept I'd trust as "Urban Camo" would be the grey man concept, you try to blend in with the crowd in such a way that nobody takes any notice of you.
>>
>>799036
While I was in the army (not American) sniper school, I have learned several things regarding camouflage in urban enviroment.

First it all depends on the situation. If it's the normal day in the city then it's the normal civilian clothing the best way to camouflage yourself in the urban enviroment. Duh...

If it's some kind of war scenario in a large urban area, then FIRST and foremost you have to keep some elements of your army's general issue battle uniform, otherwise you risk getting shot by your own troops.
(This was common in the Balkan wars during the 90-ies. Elite teams had quite different gear from the rest of the army, and when they saw friendly units approaching they let their guard down, but regular GI's didn't recognize their uniform/gear as friendly and shot them.)

Second, there is no single camouflage pattern that is effective in urban enviroments. Usually you have to wear some kind of combo patterns. Pants and jacket should not match in pattern.

And finally it all comes down to the purpose of your team and your mission. Sniper teams make their own urban camo suits. To make one you have to take regular snow oversuit and paint it to achieve urban sharp angles, mimick the brick laying pattern, most common brick color in the location you're going to be, etc.

BUT keep the inside of the suit completley white and clean. So you can turn it inside out when shooting from a white painted room.

DIY is the way to go,
>>
File: 151218-M-FJ744-007.jpg (1MB, 5760x3840px) Image search: [Google]
151218-M-FJ744-007.jpg
1MB, 5760x3840px
>>799377
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
I went into town the other night and I was waiting for the bus, right in the proper spot by the side of the road.
I was wearing an auscam smock and black pants.
Bus driver almost drove right on by, it must have worked.
>>
>>799036
>denim for jeans, preferably blue denim
>tshirt. doesn't matter the colour, but basic colours (black, blue, whatever) are most common
>>
>>799098

This is the smartest comment I've ever read on /out
>>
>>801089

Yeah you must have really blended in with the concrete, you dumb cunt

Bus drivers are blind mate don't get too excited
>>
>>799036
Plain clothes.
Else depends on the city. If its a modern city with lots of concrete and glass, you just go for greyish camouflages, like for example UCP(i know its ugly as fuck), or Polish Fleck.

Else just follow the colorschemes which are dominant in the city. But of course, as long there is no washing involved, the clothing will take the color of the envirnment, so olive drab, or brown, feldgrau etc, will be good too.
>>
File: images (18).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
This would be a good urban camouflage for where i live.
>>
>>799036
The urban environment is unique, in that ALL patterns of camo will work there. This is why our nation's military chooses to work in it
>>
>>801220
> easily amused
>>
>>801504

>Too dumb to understand
>>
>>801377
boston?
>>
>>801377
snake?
>>
>>799036
This thread is better for /k/.

And by the way, urban environments, camouflage?
Surprisingly, desert MARPAT works very well, along with UCP, even though it's garbage everywhere else.

But there's >>799098
Keep this in mind
And for material, almost all of my actual issued shit is 50/50 nylon/cotton aside from outerwear, my flecktarn shit is all around 70/30 cotton/poly
>>
>>800498
I love when people take this literally and actually dress totally in grey tones or dress to look like grandpa. Dressing normal like everyone else seems like it's such a difficult task.
>>
>>799036
>>804544
Just wear flat colors in cuts everyone else wears. If you must use camo, desert Marpat is usually the best imo. I once had people do a double take because all they saw was the top half of my body apparently. This was in rather brown/khaki streets though.
>>
>>804444
kek nice quads
>>
File: multicam-about-42.jpg (192KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
multicam-about-42.jpg
192KB, 900x507px
Multicam
>>
Navy blue for night time.
Modern camo like Multicam, ACU etc for day time.
Standard Homeless uniform for invisibility
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.