[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a list of essential camping gear, what would you suggest?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I need a list of essential camping gear, what would you suggest?

So far I have a tent and a flashlight

Inb4 blowup doll, vibe or dildo
>>
>>798281

*Note: Bivouac camping is hiking into a base camp, staying there for a few nights, then hiking out. Backpacking is moving from camp to camp each day.

**Additional note: The gear in each category applies to all categories below it

Absolute neccesities (Road accessible Camping)
>Tent/Hammock
>Sleeping bag
>Ground pad (Tent only)
>Any form of water storage
>First aid kit
>Food
>Change of clothes

Additional materials (Bivouac camping)
>Basic hiking pack
>Decent shoes
>Map
>Compass
>At least 2 liters of water storage
>1 form of water purification if no potable water at bivouac site
>Bear Bag
>Rope
>Rain coat
>Rain pack cover

Additional materials (1-6 Day Backpacking)
>Hiking specific shoes or boots
>At least 4 liters of water storage
>At least 2 forms of water purification
>Backpacking stove
>Fuel
>Lightweight pot
>Backpacking towel

Additional materials (7+ Day Backpacking)
>Heavy duty Backpacking specific boots
>At least 6 liters of water storage
>Prearranged food pickup points
>>
>>798305
Forgot under 1-6 Day Backpacking
>Solar or hand crank charged flashlight
>>
>>798281
Check this thread out:
>>797315

However that's a list for the south of England, which is going to require less equipment than say, a five day trip in the Smoky Mountains. The equipment you require really depends on exactly what you intend to be doing. Do you have anything particular in mind?
>>
30lb bag of peanut butter

isn't this in the sticky?
>>
>>798305
What do you do with your stuff if you are bivouac camping, like when you're out hiking?
>>
File: 1466048140770.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1466048140770.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>798485
Of course, you need at least 30lb so that you can barter for other things when you run into other backpackers
>>
>>798281
fuck off and google "the ten essentials" and come back when you are willing to lift at least a finger to help yourself.

people aren't going to spoonfeed you out in the wilderness
>>
>>798281
A knife is the most valuable and essential tool.
>>
>>798485
>>798758
better know how to get a good deal- you've got double marathons to run everyday!
>>
File: spoons.jpg (4KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
spoons.jpg
4KB, 250x202px
>>798762
spoons. those might come in handy out there. good idea
>>
>>798281
Cocaine. Cocaine is a hell of a drug um I mean energy source when your /out/ trekking for 60 miles in three days and two nights across rugged trails at high altitudes. You just snort some cocaine every hour or so and the cocaine gives you the energy and determination you need to get over those high (hehe) mountain passes while carrying a 70 lb pack full of cocaine uh I mean food and supplies. Cocaine is the only cocaine you need while /out/ because cocaine is a hell of a dru, um I mean energy booster and determination throttler shit I'm gonna go have me a couple of fat lines right now. FUUUUUCCKCKKCK!
>>
Now do it fit all the essentials inside a canoe?
>>
>>798305
Thanks anon this helped out quite a bit
>>
>>798943
Knives are important but not the most important for regular camping. Survival camping is a different thing altogether
>>
>>798966

>no one on coke acts like this
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.