[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just finished reading this piece of shit. can anyone recommend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

File: WildTP_Books-680.jpg (22KB, 330x489px) Image search: [Google]
WildTP_Books-680.jpg
22KB, 330x489px
just finished reading this piece of shit. can anyone recommend a decent book similar to this that doesn't have a giant fucking whore of an author?
>>
>>797791
Can't really help you. My guess is that the sort of person who would write a book about their adventures in wilderness stupidity aren't the sort of people /out/ wants to read about. Or, if you actually do want to read about adventures in wilderness stupidity you can read "Into the wild". At least McCandless didn't suck cocks for heroin.

To anyone else reading the thread: the movie was fucking stupid as hell btw. Don't bother with it either.
>>
File: wildbang.jpg (125KB, 1245x808px) Image search: [Google]
wildbang.jpg
125KB, 1245x808px
>>797838
its ok for fapping
>>
Misogyny, everyone.
>>
I would've just fought the fucking thing. It would've been two on one, and she even said it looked old and frail.
>>
>>797849
whoops wrong thread
>>
the best /out/ book is Moby Dick, PERIOD.
>>
>>797840
Yes...I'd like to order the steak. Raw.
>>
>>797859
Walden
>>
Why would you read anything outdoors related written by a female unless it's tampon related and you need ideas?
>>
just watched the movie. it was pretty boring and pointless.
But Into the Wild was even dumber. that selfish little prick did everything I hate people for.
>>
>>797849
This applies here too, friend
>>
File: fox.jpg (66KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
fox.jpg
66KB, 980x490px
book was bullshit enough. But in the movie they added a CGI fox. WHAT THE FUCK. as if this shit didn't suck enough and was far enough from the truth, now theyve got a fucking CARTOON ASS FOX RUNNING THE FUCK AROUND> WHY DIDNT THEY JUST FUCKING ANIMATE THE WHOLE FUCKING THING BECAUSE ITS ALL MADE UP BULLSHIT.
>>
File: foxfox.jpg (43KB, 490x324px) Image search: [Google]
foxfox.jpg
43KB, 490x324px
>>798041
NOW WHENEVER IM FUCKING TALKING TO SOMEONE NEW ABOUT HIKING THIS SHIT COMES UP AND ITS ALL "she was so strong, wow I want to hike (read: I want to be like that bad example)" FUCK THIS SHIT. RESEARCH. PACK WELL. BE PREPARED. then once you're out there ITS ACTUALLY FUN AND ENJOYABLE NOT SOME EPIC CRY ABOUT MOMMY AND MY FUCKED UP LIFE TIME, god DAMN i hat e this book.
>>
>>798041
>>798046
alright alright mind your maddles
>>
>>798041
That is the underlying message of the movie: I can be a shit person and bad to everyone, but it's OK, I'm wild

I was pissed at the movie when she littered twice and didn't bury her poop
I bet it wasn't even reese witherspoon's poop
I bet it was stunt poop
>>
>>797791
Didn't read the book, watched the movie. Does the book explain why her ex-husband is still super supportive and basically her best friend even after she fucks around on him constantly and does heroin with a bunch of degenerates? She could literally have given him AIDS, assuming she actually slept with him.

Boggles my mind and stretches credibility to the point where it's easier to think the author's life story is just made up.
>>
>>798153
motherfucker was a cuckold supreme. only explanation. also prolly why women like the story so much. cuck was cucked so hard, he got cut out of the movie. lol.
>>
>>797884
not even close.
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 591x546px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 591x546px
Jack London is the true /out/ author

He's so confused politically, but he sure loved going /out/. Also, stories about doggos always appealed to me.
>>
>>797841
Kill yourself.
>>
File: Costanza Drake.png (230KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza Drake.png
230KB, 640x360px
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2857720/The-real-hero-Reese-Witherspoon-s-new-movie-Wild-cheating-wife-inspired-star-s-comeback-saved-brink-heroin-addiction-husband-refused-her.html

This is the first time I've heard of this book/film. I'll make sure to avoid it.
>>
>>797838
>At least McCandless didn't suck cocks for heroin.
I bet he did.
>>
>>797841
cunt
>>
>>797791
My old boss wrote a book about his life working in the bush that's pretty good as far as /out/ stories go. look up "De Big-Shot Train" if you want a go at it.
>>
https://youtu.be/bDogKrtGzsA
>>
>>797841
Die.
>>
>>798019
Hatchet is the best out book I've ever read. I haven't read many but its flawless.
>>
>>798153
Hiv doesn't cause aids
>>
>>798188
>Jack London is the true /out/author

I'm reminded of his story "To Build a Fire" and how bitterly realistic it was, mostly because London wrote about shit that had happened to him. Some pansy city author tried to critique it, saying it wasn't realistic. Basically, London told him to shut the fuck up and, if he didn't believe him, go to fucking Alaska and try it out for himself.
>>
>>798394
But your post does give me cancer.
Also Hemingways Old Man and the Sea is /out/ as fuck
>>
>>797840
Who is that nigga in the background walking away like nothing happened?
>>
>>797791
AWOL on the appalachian trail. Pretty good read about a dude's thru hike.
>>
>>798457
it was a threesome and he was first
>>
>>798392
This. Hatchet is great. It's shortish, easy to read and really does a great job of illustrating a gritty survival situation.
>>
File: C_Fletcher_Mono_Lake.jpg (283KB, 1280x500px) Image search: [Google]
C_Fletcher_Mono_Lake.jpg
283KB, 1280x500px
>>797791
Read books by the original "through-hiker" before it was a thing, Colin Fletcher. He walked up California's backbone in 1958, from Mexico to Oregon before there was a Pacific Crest Trail, and wrote about it in "The Thousand Mile Summer."
https://www.amazon.com/Thousand-Mile-Summer-Colin-Fletcher/dp/0679723269?ie=UTF8&ref_=asap_bc
Also read "The Man Who Walked Through Time" and his other books. In his last book, "River," he does a lot of soul-searching, talks about some of his experiences in the Royal Marines in WWII, why he never married, and so forth. I completely identify with his loner philosophy. All of his major trips were solo. "The Complete Walker" was considered the backpacker's "bible" for a long time. I read his books extensively when I was a teenager just getting into this stuff.
>>
>>798422
To Build a Fire is great. Very brutal.
>>
>>797791

If it was a book about a guy being promiscuous and crashing around being an idiot would you be this mad
>>
>>799133
I would. What a shitty fucking book .I wanna read about the fun of camping and living off the land, not that they need to fuck all the time to sustain a drug habit, It ruins the whole vibe of the book. Its the same reason i can't watch game of thrones, what point is there to that much fucking im just here for knights and shit.
>>
>>798539
I read Hatchet in the 3rd grade thanks to the direction of my teacher who was super into mountain biking (he probably liked the book himself.)

I remember enjoying it greatly at the time
>>
File: grandma gatewood.jpg (35KB, 414x425px) Image search: [Google]
grandma gatewood.jpg
35KB, 414x425px
>>799093
definitely gonna check this guy out.

If you're into original thru-hikers, Grandma Gatewood is one to check out. First woman to thru hike the AT, 5th person to thru hike. the impressive part is she did it in canvas Keds with a shower curtain as shelter. Bunch of other ridiculous shit like she was already a great grandmother when she hiked it in her late 60s.

It's always nice to think about that kind of thing while packing for a weekend backpacking trip. do you really need that camp chair bro?
>>
>>797791
I'm thinking something by Hemingway must qualify.
>>
>>797849
I appreciate your post better here then where you were originally going to put it.
>>
>>799093
This
I got Complete Walker in the 80s
It changed my life
>>
>>799093
>>799986
Then what's the new bible?
>>
File: tumblr_nyts4iyJKZ1tabr26o1_500.gif (1MB, 494x370px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyts4iyJKZ1tabr26o1_500.gif
1MB, 494x370px
The Snow Leopard - Peter Matthiessen

Guy travels and shit, looks for some big ass white ass rare ass cat. Buddhism.
>>
>>801821
I second this
>>
File: the-high-sierra-01a.jpg (17KB, 175x221px) Image search: [Google]
the-high-sierra-01a.jpg
17KB, 175x221px
>>801821
>>801855
Secor was my bible for the 90s
Now it's the internet
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.