[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please tell me whats wrong with this reel and why it wont pull

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Please tell me whats wrong with this reel and why it wont pull inn the line when im reeling. Super green fisher here
>>
>>790202
Is it looped anywhere? Is the drag set too loose? Is the line lapped over itself?
>>
>>790203
Im sorry English isnt my first language and im super green, so I can only answer the part about the drag, and no its not too loose.

Is this video any help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF7JyRcO634
>>
The problem is that when I reel the spool turns around too so nothing is happening
>>
You're trying to fish on a staircase. Try going down the stairs first. Good luck, OP!
>>
File: reel.jpg (14KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
reel.jpg
14KB, 300x246px
>>790205
That is the drag slipping. The knob on the top should be tightened down to an appropriate level.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>790226
Its as tight as it gets
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
So i fixed it by tightening the back drag or whatever its called. Hope its not too tight so it will ruin the fish
>>
>>790240
...ruin the fish?
>>
>>790240
Set that drag to tight and your line will snap if you hang a good size fish. What size line you running?
>>
>>790242

But I wont get any fish at all if I cant pull the line in lol. Also im going for small fish like 2-3 lbs at most (to begin with)
>>
>>790244
About 8 lbs test then
>amerifag here
8lb mono line will snap easy at the knot if a 3 lbs fish gives you a good run.
You better learn to set that drag correctly.
Just giving you some friendly advice.
>>
>>790244
0.25mm should be plenty depending on what brand of line you run. Hell I use 0.18 on some of my float rigs for big carp.
>>
>>790249
>>790248
So how does one learn to set the drag correctly?

This rod is cheap as hell desu. Didnt want to spend too much as its my first. Im going fishing now so we will see how things turn out...
>>
>>790250
Its situational depending on the fish you go for, but a good rule of thumb is to just give it a solid pull and the line should come off. It has to have a good resistance, not too loose and not impossible to pull off.
>>
>>790250
Im sure there is a better way but this is how I have been doing it for years.
Turn the drag all the way up
Try to pull out the line by hand as you turn drag down
As soon as you can pull the line out without any stretch from the mono line you are good.
>>
>>790250
Also, there is nothing wrong with adjusting your drag mid fight. Like I said, its situational so whatever works for you best in the moment. Lean toward a stiffer drag for the hook-set but again, not too stiff that the line will snap instantly. Over-tightening drag is probably one of the leading causes of lost fish.
>>
>>790255
>Over-tightening drag is probably one of the leading causes of lost fish

I hung a lure and tighted my drag up way to high to unsnag it. Forgot to adjust drag down. Within the next couple of casts hook into the small mouth of a lifetime (6+ lbs easy). Realize to late my fuckup. That sudden slackening of the line was heartbreaking.
>>
>>790202
>Please tell me whats wrong with this reel and why it wont pull inn the line when im reeling.

Cheap reel. Throw out cheap real, install quality reel.
>>
>>790240
I understand I hate it when my drag is set too high and the fish gets ruined. Why just the other day I caught myself a nice 3 pound rainbow trout. I took it home and the missus cooked it up. But as we sat down to dinner I realized my mistake. My drag was set too high, the fish was ruined. Never forget.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.