[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/, I need some help. I just invited a girl to go camping/possibly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: picturedrocks.jpg (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
picturedrocks.jpg
8KB, 284x177px
Hey /out/, I need some help.

I just invited a girl to go camping/possibly backpacking to pic(related)tured rocks in a couple weeks.

Last summer I did a bunch of camping and backpacking with my brother. The only problem is he was the one who bought all the stuff/told me what to buy/planned it all.

I'm looking to buy backpacking equipment so I can start going on my own. I'm not looking for the super expensive stuff, but not the cheapest either. Probably going to go for a couple days.

Any advice for a good pack? Also what else will I need that I might not think of? I have good hiking boots and I'm pretty sure I have a good tent and sleeping bag. What else will I need?

Also if any of you have ever been to pictured rocks and have any good spots, trails, cliff jumping sites, etc. That would be awesome.

I'm planning on buying enough equipment to be able to go on 2-3 day hikes by myself.

Thanks for any and all help!
>>
bumpppppp
>>
If you guys help me I'll post pics of her after the trip
>>
>>788777
Post what you remember taking last time maybe?
>>
shelter water fire food...
you know the drill.
specifics will depend on your what/where/when.
>>
>>788829
Okay so here's what I think I'll need to get for at least this upcoming trip.

>pack
>camp stove (portable)
>water purifying straw
>collapsable water bottle
>fire starting kit
>hatchet

Here's what I already have

>clothing and shoes
>bug spray/sunscreen
>tent
>sleeping bag
>self-filling air mattress
>compass
>hunting knife
>food

Am I missing anything?

Also any tips on where/what to get for the stuff I know I need? I want fair priced quality items.

Also thanks for checking my God trips :(

>>788956
>Pictured Rocks in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
>A week and a half
>Probably just a two day one night backpacking trip with one other person

I know this is super late but I had to work.
>>
>>789393
What about a pot to cook your food and boil your water in? Also: SS-waterbottle is the way to go. You might want a sawyer mini instead of a life straw as a filter. Don't forget condoms. Put them in your first aid kit.
>>
>>789399

I was thinking I could just cook the food in the can? But maybe a pot would be good so I can boil water too as you said. And thank you for the brand names I will look into them! And it's almost a waste to bring condoms because I never use them :( They just take away all the good feeling.

I just remembered to bring liquor too when you mentioned condoms. Thanks!
>>
>>789399
Forgot to ask: what do you eat? Do you fish/hunt? If not bring food.
>>
>>789405
I do fish and hunt but I haven't incorporated that into a trip yet. I'm going to try to get into it this summer. I'll probably bring canned food: beans, soup, etc.
>>
get a pack that is big enough

could just start a fire? whatever is cheap and has reviews

tabs > an annoying african straw

why? why why why. you hang a big plastic bottle outside your backpack. fill when empty, add tab. hydration > muh grams

a fucking lighter

why? why? for what? forage for sticks. get a saw for collecting larger sticks

congrats, she now won't see you as a useless consumerist beta.
>>
>>789439
This was hard as fuck to read but okay thanks! I'll look into tabs.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.