[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wanting to go /out/ but not being able to afford it. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 3.jpg (166KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
166KB, 960x720px
>wanting to go /out/ but not being able to afford it. What are some of your guys' budget pieces? Also, anyone know of any good places to go innawoods around metro Detroit?

Pic semi related
>>
Totally didn't mean for this to all come out as greentext. Oops.
>>
>>782863
Put on clothes. Take a liter of water however you can. Take a tarp.

You don't need much.
>>
>>782863
Be careful anon, you're gonna want a real good knife and Glock for innawoods Detroit style.

Alternatively, fishing is a fairly cheap way to get outside
>tfw my last post was about how I need to stop spending $75/wk on a few lures and little crap.
>>
>>782879
Metro Detroit, not Detroit native, because I am white.
I've tried fishing, I pulled up a lot of weeds and smaller catfish. Any tips?
>>
File: DSCF1206.jpg (587KB, 1600x1200px)
DSCF1206.jpg
587KB, 1600x1200px
are you able to travel at all? You have a car?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>782890
Ehh, you just gotta try new places. Dusk is always the best time for me. To be budget minded, just grab some nightcrawlers on bobbers because once you get into lures it can become an expensive addiction.
>>
>>782893
Somewhat, I dont want to travel hours on end but an hour or two wouldnt bother me much
>>
>>782863
If you're just day hiking you can eliminate like 80% of the cost and weight of hiking gear. All you need is a decent 15 to 30 liter pack, a bottle of water, and something to munch on.
>>
>>782863
Maybe think 1850s style haversack and bedroll camping, with a modern hobo twist. Get a thick wool blanket, a couple of plastic tarps, whatever clothes you want, and roll them all up together in a long thin roll. Get some string (or make it - reverse wrap cordage), and tie the ends of the blanket roll together. That goes slung over one shoulder.

Buy an old canvas bag to hold the rest of your crap. That goes slung over your other shoulder. Make a hobo stove out of all old soup can. Re-use old plastic water bottles, purify water either by boiling or by using bleach. Buy an old pot and wooden spoon from a yard sale. Cook your own meals, no mountain house crap. Oatmeal, raisins, noodles - dense, cheap stuff.

You really don't need to spend much money to go outdoors. The fancy gear is mostly just meant to reduce the suck factor in bad weather or on long hikes.
This guy has a series on this sort of equipment/mindset.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFToq0ElKRM
>>
File: IMG_2155.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2155.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>782913
Forgot picture
>>
>>782863
Where did you took that photo?
>>
>>782898
http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/details.aspx?id=506&type=SPRK

about an hour from you. If you want serious primal shit you're gonna have to drive a bit farther, but this looks pretty good really
>>
>>782863
Move to canada
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.