[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there handicap spots at public parks? So fat fucks can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: coffee.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
Why are there handicap spots at public parks?

So fat fucks can be closer to the WALKING trails???
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejkmQffNYjk
>>
>>782554
You're a dick.
>>
>>782557
how so, fatty?
>>
>>782556
i miss top gear
>>
File: geeps_mm.jpg (49KB, 667x717px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_mm.jpg
49KB, 667x717px
>>782559
this isn't the fishing thread anon
>>
>>782554
>all handicapped people are fat

sage
>>
>>782563
In the United States you can get a handicap permit for being a fat fuck. Literally 60% of the people I see with one are just fat.

But humor me. Even if they did have a disability, WHAT WOULD THEY BE PARKING CLOSER TO?
>>
File: feels goodman.jpg (16KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
feels goodman.jpg
16KB, 360x240px
>>782560
what, you're not a fan of "look how diverse we are" gear?

>mfw that garbage tanks within 1 season
>>
>>782566
Handicap parking spots have extra room so that a person in a wheelchair has room to enter and exit the vehicle or operate a wheelchair lift and they are often placed adjacent to handicap ramps. Yes, some people abuse the system and get handicap plates or parking hangers when they'd be perfectly fine without them but there are many people with handicap plates who actually are severely disabled and benefit greatly from handicap parking spaces.
>>
>>782566
My grandmother had very bad COPD when I was young, required carrying around an oxygen bottle so she could breathe, and couldn't walk very far. When I was young and stayed with her, she would take me to the park a few miles away and sit at a picnic table while I played. She wouldn't have been able to make it to the picnic table from a parking spot in the back of the parking lot while dragging that oxygen bottle behind her without great difficulty and she also would've had trouble getting the oxygen bottle over the curb if there wasn't a handicap ramp that went over it.
>>
>>782580
I see. Well this is an excellent example of why they are there, and an answer I was looking for. Thank you for sharing.
>>
>>782580
And this is why I said >>782557

Glad your gramma went through all the trouble to bring you to the park.

Also in a related vein, if you stop and think about it for an honest amount of time, handicapped people deal with constant shit, in everything that we take for granted. Every single fucking thing is a hurdle for them. Literally like 5% of the world accommodates physically handicapped people - and that's in first-world and rich countries. Complaining about handicapped spaces, or ramps, or special crosswalk signals, or whatever, is absolutely irritating. Even with a special spot, a ramp, automatic doors, wide hallways, brail on the elevator, etc. it still takes them a shitload of time and a shitload of effort just to get into the building.
>>
>>782588
I agree that the world should help them more, and there is a great push to do so.

But to me, if you have a disability and are going to a public park, there are several factors that make handicap spots pointless.

What if the table close to the handicap spot is taken?

What if the disabled person can just use a wheel chair, and it's really relative as the distance they are from things.

In my opinion, this anon's >>782580 example is an uncommon one.

But it did make me think.
>>
>>782594
>What if the table close to the handicap spot is taken?

The handicap spots were right next to the ramp to get over the curb so she still would've had to go right by those spots even if she parked somewhere else. If the picnic table closest to the handicap spot was taken then walking to the next picnic table from the handicap spot would've still been closer than walking to that table from a spot in the back of the parking lot.
>>
>mfw OP just wanted to troll fat americans
>mfw he ends up looking like a heartless asshole
I'm not american btw, and didn't know that you can get a handicap permit for being a fat fuck. That's beyond retarded.
>>
>>782617
>handicap permit for being a fat fuck
not exactly. it's the series of health problems people have related to their fatphuckness... like poor circulation, stress fractures, thrombophlebitis, arthritis, compressed disks, gout, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc. sometimes those people are able to get handicap permits. even though it's caused by their dumb fat asses it's not techincally "you're too heavy and shouldn't have to walk".
>>
File: 1460343797261.png (767KB, 669x747px) Image search: [Google]
1460343797261.png
767KB, 669x747px
OP I feel the same way, only about supermarkets.

My supermarket has ~15 handicap spots in a total of about 100 spots, and this is in the city so parking is at a premium. I have never even seen 1/4 of the spots full, and I often go at prime time.

I really don't get why EVERY prime spot needs to be reserved mostly for fatasses just looking to game the system.

Barring the people who bring their own electric wheelchairs because they are actually disabled / paralyzed, I am not sure if I have ever seen an actual legitimate use of the electric scooters either.

It appalls me that people who are so fucking fat that they refuse to walk have to ride around on a fucking scooter meant for actual disabled people, shitting up the entire supermarket in the process.
>>
>>782677
Dubs of truth
>>
My local park has handicapped spots, but they also have a few pavilions and handicapped accessible fishing spots along the stream, so I guess you could actually do some things there in a wheelchair
>>
>>782554
Because all publicly and privately owned property that provides products, services, access, or anything else, whether it requires a membership or not, must comply with ADA regulations, regardless of how silly it may seem. Has nothing to do with fat people, it's so the disabled are not discriminated against. Honestly, I don't mind. It's a park, people with wheelchairs go to parks all the time. This isn't a fucking mountain trail, it's a public park. Let grandma or Sgt whatever who had his legs blown off 40 years ago enjoy the scenery of a public park. Just because you think 60% of people who are handicapped are just fat, given your obviously vast personal experience, doesn't mean that's actually true.
>>
>>782594
>this anon's example is an uncommon one

Because you havent personally witnessed it in your life, you think it's uncommon?

How long do you spend monitoring handicapped spaces per day, other than perhaps to walk past one and scoff inwardly about all the fat lazy people who get to use them?

You literally just asked a slow autistic imageboard about this and quickly received a personal example of their usefulness, yet you still think it's a rare or unique situation? This is happening all over the country you stupid fucking faggot.

At the end of the day youre the lazy one for resenting others because you couldnt get the best spot and had to walk an extra 20 feet. Chew on that.
>>
>>782773
I never mentioned the "best" spot, my whole point was there is no "best" spot.

Did I once complain about not being able to park close?

Learn some reading comprehension dude.
>>
>Why are there handicap spots at public parks?
>So fat fucks can be closer to the WALKING trails???

OP this is a bad thread and you're a bad OP and you should feel bad on both counts.
>>
>>782809
k
>>
>>782735
Now they are shutting down boat ramps in my community that have existed for decades because they are not cripple accessible.

#GasTheCripples #FinalSolution
>>
>>782829
what community?
>>
>>782829
So make them cripple accessible. We're all playing by the same rules here.
>>
After ADA passed a bunch of people tried to sue the National Park Service because most places are hike in and not accessible to the handicapped
They wanted Yosemite to put in elevators or a gondola to the top of Half Dome and El Captain, one to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
By denying the handicapped access to these sites was discrimination

There are even cripples who make their living going around to stores and restaurants in historic buildings because everything isn't accessible

Got in an argument with a guy and his wife in Yosemite a few years back, they wanted to go to the top of Half Dome, wanted to know where the "road" was, ranger tried to explain, nope not good enough, ADA, ADA I told them about the mule ride to the shoulder of Half Dome, "is it free?" no, not good enough, then how do we get to the top?
Asked what his disability was, he and the wife were on mobility scooters, "Morbid Obesitism", ranger said "what", guy had a note from the doctor identifying as 100% disabled, placard and everything, they were shouting about lawsuits and owning the place, getting everyone fired when I left the Information Center, I was so pissed off I let the air out of 3 tires on their van
>>
>>782844
Most people with disabilities don't do shit like that or expect that level of catering to their disability... For the most part they're happy with wheelchair ramps and elevators in public buildings.

The people you're describing are cancerous pieces of shit and I'd be willing to bet that they'd be just as shitty even if they weren't disabled.
>>
>>782844
well isn't this a pleasant fiction
>>
>>782844
People with disabilities would probably just be happy if the government stopped closing roads to make the environmentalists happy.

If you think about it, something like 99% of public land is already out of reach for the disabled. It kinda sucks when purists want to close off even more.
>>
>>782554
Boomers. Literally all of society's problems are because of fucking boomers.
>>
You'd probably have better luck posting this thread in /pol/ OP. They'll rage about anything.
>>
>>782852
Isn't any worse than me knocking them out of thier scooters and butt raping those fat fucks, cause I do that alot!
>>
>>782849
>Most people with disabilities

legitimate disabilities
>>
>>782554
Not all of us are fat.
I know one anon's wife has ms and I'm partially crippled and need a cane sometimes. That and wheelchair bound people also enjoy /out/
>>
>>782876
This 2bh

As much as I hate fatties some do get fat from a legitimate disability.
I saw some fat lady getting a cart ride in the airport and was annoyed. Looked closer and one of her shoes had at least a four inch riser on the bottom. You can't even shower or get out of bed and walk barefoot with one leg four inches shorter.
>>
*john locke voice*
DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO
>>
>>782844
I worked at Devils Tower for a summer. We have handicap spots, but the only paved trail isn't accessible and we have a sign saying so. Didn't stop anyone from trying. Never got to see grandma careening down the trail at high speeds, but I'm sure it's happened.
>>
>>782843
>>782842

Malheur County Oregon. Although it's happening everywhere. Harrison Bergeron tier bullshit
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.