[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best country in europe to live off-grid? Laws Price

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 5652234567887654.jpg (449KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5652234567887654.jpg
449KB, 1920x1080px
What is the best country in europe to live off-grid?

Laws
Price of land
nature
people
etc.
>>
>>781220
i would say somewhere along the cucknavia you should be fine with natives and off grid in general, sadly they're being culturally enriched every single day. the weather is also shit. Spain has lots of cheap land, some old villages that no one lives in are dirt cheap, people are nice and the weather is 10/10 80% of the year. Up north weather is not so great but I love the coast, for me Galicia is where is at, anon.

link very related

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3210312/Forget-holiday-home-holiday-village-buy-abandoned-100-acre-Spanish-one-just-146-000-s-reason-s-cheap.html
>>
>>781231
how about balkans? I heard that land is cheap there.. not polluted..
>>
>>781383
Can't help you there, bud, I have never been there.
>>
Balkan is very suspicious against non natives, plus u have a lot of drunk hunters, dont forget race issues, dont even try if ur non white, plus there are a lot more fire arms there than in the west.. its more hostile than france or spain, climate is best around the mediteranian, but there its the summer forest fires that are the danger.. u cant outrun that, unles you are close to a river but then u still might die of smoke.. personaly id say south east of france near the beginning of the alpes..
>>
There are shit tons of hippies living in the caves outside Grenada.
>>
Hippy camps are full with mental cases, ppl on the run from the law and ppl with aids.. non stop drug use, theft and lots of other problems, strongly advice against that..
>>
>>781231
You seem to have a stick up your ass about scandinavia. Nordic countries in general are good for off grid living because they are sparsely populated (except Denmark).
The issue with living off grid here is not immigrants, because they mostly stick to big cities. The issue is the state sticking its nose into all your business.

But some people here live very off grid. I don't know how much the laws and regulations get in your way, but I know some people here can live the hermit lifestyle and hardy see people at all.
>>
>>782276
>but I know some people here can live the hermit lifestyle and hardy see people at all.

You can also live on land you don't own. If you're zero taxed you can just walk innawoods and don't have to bother with anything.
>>
>>781383
>not polluted
if you don't mind the occasional few ten thousand anti-personell mine in the woods and uranium dust from projectiles...
>>
>>781220
>>781231

New Caliphate (sweden) is the best county imo (im from denmark so pretty biased tho).

Only problem with sweden is you need to find a place with good soil. Looked at a place 3 hours from Oslo and it was 30 hectare with river and a nice house for ~60k euros. Also the free roaming right is nice. Then you can go hiking on private property
>>
>>782299
>free roaming right is nice
>you can go hiking on private property

conversely that means people can hike on your property. not worth the trade, imo.

but then i don't know how much public land you guys have. i have plenty to disappear in, so i'm not worried about the relatively little area that's tied up privately.
>>
>>782291
What this guy said. If you want to get BTFO or stabd by a drunken ape then go right ahead and take the balkan route. I think mines are only in Croatia and BaH according to some maps and that leaves you with Serbia or Romania without mines but you have still armed drunken apes there. Transylvania forests does look nice tho.
>>
>>782299
>place with good soil
What kind of crops can you grow in Scandinavia anyway? I thought it's cold and snow up there.
>>
>>782364
Free roaming is reserved for non-crop and garden areas, aka the area outside people's cabins and the sheepfarmer's land.

>>782398
Norwegian here. Most of the problems that arise in our country is that the glaciers have eroded away most of the soil.
The best place to grow crops are in the east in and around Oslo/Akershus, which is pretty densly populated imo.
The west coast can't grow much wheat and the like because of constant wind, but fruit trees thrive there.
There's also a bit of farming up north but then you have to deal with the bad/little soil to grow stuff on.
>>
>>782404
>glaciers have eroded away most of the soil

uhh a bit over simplified. more pertinent is the fact that the with the introduction of european agriculture coupled with the logging that goes in conjunction with settlement and societal development lead directly to soil erosion.

Made even worse by the high lat and slow soil development rates so recovery is very slow and original soil depths were never comparable to european land.

Iceland is terrible for it, Scandinavia will be similar.

I'd LOVE to offgrid here in Scotland but I think the government is a bit too all-seeing-eye about it. Academic as I haven't the funds to buy land anyways..
>>
>>782404
irrelevant. i still wouldn't want people on the unmaintained parts of my property. that's why i bought it.
>>
>>782432
>i still wouldn't want people on the unmaintained parts of my property.
what a waste of good nature that would be
and besides, some chinese billionaire would just swoop in and use it for whatever if he had all kinds of power over the woods he bought
>>
>>782505
i believe this is one of those insurmountable cultural differences regarding private property and privacy rights, and also part of the reason i asked about available public lands. i have literally tens of thousands of square miles of public land within 4 hours drive that i can wander off into. if i never had that i might have a different attitude towards free roaming.
>>
>>781220
Google Mount Athos, its a relatively untouched peninsula that belongs to the Orthodox church and is really untouched. There are like 10 monasteries over there and some hermit monks.

Women are not allowed though its an ancient law that is enforced by the Greek police. The monks are friendly too.
>>
>>782404
Fellow norwegian here.
Lots of decent farmland streching from Halden all the way to Elverum. Near the swedish border, away from the bigger towns/settlements you can get cheap old farmsteads. Especially in some parts of Hedemark, like near Finnskogen. Also it's even cheaper to buy over the border in sweden. You could grow crops there no problem and never see a person near your house.
And for those stressing about people on your property.. its not like people go for a walk in your yard.. if its that much of a problem, just get a fence.
>>
File: 1455710600553.gif (1MB, 305x239px) Image search: [Google]
1455710600553.gif
1MB, 305x239px
>>782404
>The west coast can't grow much wheat and the like because of constant wind, but fruit trees thrive there.
>because of constant wind
>but fruit trees
>>
How would you even approach living off the grid in a foreign country? Do places like Spain or Scandinavia just let you buy property if you aren't a citizen and then let you live there and don't bother you again? What about taxes? Do you have to register somewhere?

What steps do you have to take that your off the grid living would be 100% legal and you won't have to worry about government people fucking with you?
>>
>>781231
Pais Vasco tho
>>
>>781654
I think balkan is calm now.. crime is low, politics is peaceful, no big companies, no monsanto
>>
>>782857
>inb4 MGTOW dweebs decide this is where they'll make their own personal faggotopia
>>
>>782396
I can tell you that you're wrong a lot. Balkan is at peace now, but idiots can be find anywhere in the world. I recommend Bulgaria, Romania and all the ex-Yu republics.
>>
>>785468
Can't find a man, honey?
>>
>>784317
>Lots of decent farmland streching from Halden all the way to Elverum.
lots and lots...
only 3% of Norways area is agricultural land
>>
>>781231
Shut the fuck up. This is such a garbage opinion. Likely spouted by someone who has never been anywhere in Scandinavia. I'm not even Nordic (I'm English) and i'm fucking sick of this bullshit peddled by /pol/sters who are most often AMericans.
>>
>>786083
>A britcuck defending another cuck nations
Stay mad, ahmed.
>>
>>782404
>>784566
yeah wheat yield is primarily dependant on soil/air temperatures, Norwegian anon doesn't know anything.
>>
>>785468
Dont be angry, sweetheart, a proud, independent, strong womyn like you should be able to handle her own shit ; )
>>
>>782396
Im from Serbia. It aint bad at all. Vlasina Lake is a great place to buy some land. Nice mountains and forests surrounding it, not crowded and peacefull, yet civilization is nearby.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.