[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>live in place with very little /innawoods/ opportunities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: RrrrrrEEEEEEEEEEE.png (78KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
RrrrrrEEEEEEEEEEE.png
78KB, 396x385px
>live in place with very little /innawoods/ opportunities
>find "private" patch of a few acres w/ a few singletrack trails winding through it and few people
>lots of wildlife
>stealth camp for many nights solo off-trail
>never see another soul
>arrive for another sojourn
>see official "sign" has gone up to guide casuals, think "fuck, here we go.."
>walk further
>hear chainsaws
>see trucks
>they tell me they're just doing "trail management"
>fast forward 5 weeks
>30ft swaths cut through in multiple places
>literally 1/3 of the trees decimated
>casual chat with chainsaw dude.. he thinks its as pathetic as I do
>retarded benches every fucking 50ft
>retarded wooden "safety" rails built up around rustic bridge
>two entirely uneccessary new bridges built within eyesight of old
>suddenly off leash dog walkers leaving shitbags in trees fucking everywhere and acting like they own the place
>wildlife flees onslaught of faggotry
>hear of plans to built paved """"""""trail"""""""" to area from local fitness center
>one word: geocaching

Fuck me boys, that was literally the only /innawoods/ opportunity for miles and the local gov't (which can't fix the sidewalks and is supposed to be saving money..) fucking raped it for a vanity project with the aid of local richfags.

What do?

I'm reading some Ed Abbey essays for inspiration but thought you lads might have some creative ideas as well.

Cannot post location for obv. reasons
>>
>>779316
>What do?

Fucking move.

>RrrrrrEEEEEEEEEEE.png
>""""""""

KYS
>>
>>779318
>Fucking move.

Not a cuck, sven.

>KYS

Nah.
>>
That's shitty man. Why don't you start a petition with some really good literature advocating the preservation of said land? Talk to people about it. Even though your intentions are solely for yourself it's also a benefit for the wildlife.

Be active about it if it bothers you this much.
>>
>>779325
>>779316
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDNhEYpBPbY
>>
>>779334
>Why don't you start a petition with some really good literature
because people won't read it, or listen to it.

nature and people don't go together, the only good parks are those that keep most of the land sealed off from public.
>>
>>779347
>the only good parks are those that keep most of the land sealed off from public.

This. I wish more of Edward Abbeys essays were available online. He wrote a great one about "wheelchair tourism" when they started building access roads into the park he was working at.

His solution: one megalot far outside the park. Everyone leaves their shit their and continues on foot. Too fat, lame, lazy to do it? Fuck off.

Reasonable accomodation would be made for disabled people with pack horses.
>>
Pepper spray the dogs and then the owners.
>>
Every government maintained park in my area is exactly like this. Not really a lot you can do. Just flee the advancing silver horde of moneyed boomers, and head for the more remote, inconvenient, and poorer parts of your country. Bonus points for the nearest hospital being more than an hour's drive away.

At least you don't have to pay to reserve the right to walk on the trail yet. Some places do that - only so many people are allowed to walk on the trail per day, and you have to reserve a spot ahead of time.
>>
>>779354
the Netherlands is a perfect example of what you get when 'man' tries to work together with nature.

we've got tiny maintained forests everywhere, a fuck ton of greenery on every corner, it looks like it's going great with our nature, everyone thinks we're living in harmony, there isn't a place in Europe that looks more eco-friendly than the Netherlands.

in reality, we lost 97% of our forest bio-diversity since 1700 and 85% of our bio-diversity in general.
>>
Find their geocaches. And shit in them. That'll scare the normies off.
>>
>>779343
What a shitty story.
>antagonizes "people with complex brains" and glorifies "simple brains"
>no closure on who walked around the corner
>what the fuck do C, E, and N stand for
>>
>>779316
>1/3 of trees decimated
>1/3
>decimate
Also
>wat do?
Burn them.
Burn them all comrade.
>>
>>779316
>shit in the geocache
>>
frog picture
thread disregarded
>>
>>779316
>my favorite park got developed by park services
>""""""""""""

Back to your shithole with your lies, kid.

>>782101
It is an allegory. It means the OP needs to move.
>>
>>779316
desu research if there are endangered species in that area.
If known endangered species area overlap with said area u should have a way to stop their "endangered species environment destruction" or some shit... idk
>>
>>779376
that's what habitat fracturing does. it would be nice if America did something similar but only "re-greened" urban/suburban areas.

>>779316
http://outdoor-society.com/whats-next-for-americas-public-lands/#more-1882

well, a small bit of private property isnt as bad as the fucker who wrote this article. his magazine has progressed since then, but it's still atrocious to think that some people don't understand why we have the Wilderness Act.
>>
>>779316
They did whats called a shelterwood cut. It doesn't look good but it is to promote regeneration of certain species to manage the forest. Its just like clear cuts, nobody likes them but sometimes they are necessary. Those early successional species need habitat too. What I'm wondering is why they were using chainsaws. Nobody uses chainsaws these days.
>>
>>779316
where do you live OP? they're thinking about putting a paved road for the "pro cyclers" in their $15k bikes and gay as fuck skin tight outfits through the only singletrack trail I can get to without my car. shit pisses me off. we have specialized bike roads along practically every major road just for those commuting little fucks and they don't even use them. why ruin a perfectly good trail for a bunch of entitled faggots?
>>
>>788052
In Virginia, no one enforces endangered species legislation. It got really funny when the tea partyers tried to use it to block government projects only to find out that the green bogyman they had feared their whole lives wasn't actually real.

Sucks for all the now locally extinct beetles, amphibians and plants, though.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.