[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ foods that you can make on a backpacking stove? Preferably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

/out/ foods that you can make on a backpacking stove? Preferably boiling-water-centric?

They don't have to be very healthy or ultralight, just reasonable to carry in a backpack and make in the field.

>Inb4 oatmeal and ramen
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 450x450px
>>779147
You know what are fucking dank? Those little packages of Idahoan Loaded Mashed Potatoes. So easy to make and weigh nothing.
>>
>>779147
Instant rice
Those noodles that are in skinny bags. Knorr maybe? I forget the brand.
Pasta + a tube of tomato paste(like toothpasr tube but metal)

And of course the 5dollar meals in a bag like mountain valley
>>
>>779147
Fresh eggs!
>>
What's the cheapest for calorie/energy ?

I bet it's just pasta + some ingredient that you can add go it like a packet of olive oil, or even packed tuna
>>
>>779308
>cheapest

Why? Your food should be the best you can get and that is not always the cheapest.
>>
File: Dehydrated Vegetables full.jpg (3MB, 4777x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Dehydrated Vegetables full.jpg
3MB, 4777x5000px
>>779147
You can make anything in the woods that you can make at home. You just need the right cooking vessel for your stove. That including frying, deep frying, baking, boiling, ect. The only one I think you can't really do is broiling. lol

The main concern is weight. How much extra weight do you want to carry to make x food in y manner? To combat this you can bring dehydrated stuff. That can be pretty much anything from ready made meals to tea, to flour, to veggies/fruit. If you have a food dehydrator you can actually dehydrate full meals and rehydrate them later. Good examples are chili and stew, but there are 100s of you can dehydrate as a full meal that can be ready to eat with a pot to boil water in.
>>
>>779147
Just take protein bars and oatbran
>>
Couscous is really quick and easy to cook, but is dependent on you adding lots of stuff to make it edible. Without spices and other dried stuff thrown in it's basically edible styrofoam pellets.

If you can find "Libby's Seasoned Beef Crumbles" or a similar product, you can conceivably make some sort of trail taco using tortillas and a little baggy of spices. Never done it, but it's a different option.

>>779152
These work fine, but they're really really salty. Just keep some extra drinking water handy if you're going to make them.

>>779262
If you're going to make pasta, you should probably make vermicelli (I think it's also called "angel hair"). Since it's much smaller diameter than spaghetti it cooks much faster so you burn less fuel. The tomato paste tube is a good idea if you can find it.
>>
Pasta with pesto and some salami or other cured meat is very simple and very satisfying after a long day walking.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.