[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is traditional plant-based medicine a useful /out/ skill or something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Herbs.jpg (297KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
Herbs.jpg
297KB, 500x334px
Is traditional plant-based medicine a useful /out/ skill or something of the past?
>>
>>
>>778248
Unless you live full time in the wilderness you won't have time for traditional treatments to work.

If you do live full time in the woods your life expectancy is in your 30's anyways, no way to know if medicine helps when you die that young.
>>
>>778250
First post best post
>>
>>778248
I practice a little herbalism as a hobby along with my gardening but if I'm hurt and innawoods then I'm going to use actual medicine.

If you enjoy fucking around with herbal treatments for minor injuries and sicknesses, then its fine. A little mint to calm your stomach and shit like that is way better than rushing to the doctors and popping some pills. But if you are in alife or death situation, don't fuck around with random plants you think you can identify when a bottle of professionally made medicine is at your finger tips.

actively engaging in traditional medicine practically demands that you grow your own stuff, so that you can control for quality and quantity. It's retarded to think you can go innawoods and find the herbs you need like it was a videogame or fantasy novel.
>>
All knowledge is usefull..... All knowledge... we have such sights to show you...
>>
But seriously, knowing what plants can kill you or drive you mad by touch is super usefull
>>
File: poison_plant_graphic.png (605KB, 890x668px) Image search: [Google]
poison_plant_graphic.png
605KB, 890x668px
Here
>>
>>778269
/thread
>>
>>778248
You should know what to not touch, and if you research you might find some herb that helps you out, so you may grow it in a pot for use. Don't expect to find a lifesaver out in the woods, though
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.