[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /out/, I'm new here. just want to share my hiking story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: DSC_0819.jpg (3MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0819.jpg
3MB, 3872x2592px
hey /out/, I'm new here. just want to share my hiking story

>be indonesian
>went hiking, literally 5 days ago
>for me, it's kinda hard to went hiking because I don't really fit well in the cold (mount temperature 14 F to 64 F, meanwhile city temperature 77 F to 97 F
>it was Mount Semeru, only 3,676 above sea level, but I can't stand the cold
>there was 2 campground in the mountain. the one near the lake, the second one near the peak of mountain
>for me, it took 3 days 2 nights to reach the peak and went back
>later, I reach the second campground and met a foreigner, he's from Switzerland (forgot his name tho)
>we talk, share about why he visited indonesia and went hiking
>I asked him "when did you arrived?"
>he said "oh, couple hours ago"
>fyi, it took 2 days 1 night to reach the second campground. and he did that in couple hours
>we rest next to each other tent that night
>11 PM, I prepared for summit attack
>me and my group (6 people) already prepared
>the foreigner still asleep, we decided not to woke him up
>took 6 and a half hours to reach the peak
>we arrived at 4.30 AM, one hour before sunrise
>barely made it with low oxygen level and coldness
>we didn't bring any oxygen tank we're because amateur
>5 minutes after we reach the peak, he comes
>"hey, anon, you made it" said him to me
>"yeah, tired as hell desu. how much time for you to reach here?" I said
>"pretty long tho, about 50 minutes"
>he beat that mountain in 1 day 1 night

seriously, fucking white people. why their lung capacity and stamina is so good, they beat us almost at everything?

pic related, it's the peak
>>
>>774678
>3676 MTS
>low oxygen
You are full of shit anon.
>>
>>774683
/thread
>>
File: YFZUC.jpg.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
YFZUC.jpg.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>774678
I would guess that he had the time and facilities to prepare properly.
>>
>>774683
I can't argue with that
I thought 3676 MTS are low of oxygen level.
>>
>>774683
That's 12,000', some people will definitely feel the effects of altitude there, especially considering OP probably lives at sea level.
>>
>>774901
Fatigue? Maybe. But low oxygen no way jose.
>>
>>774902
http://www.altituderesearch.org/hypoxia/altitude-hypoxia-explained
>While in one study 22% of people visiting altitudes of 7,000 to 9,000 feet developed acute mountain sickness (AMS), 42% of those ascending above 10,000 feet got sick.
>>
>>774905
>http://www.altituderesearch.org/hypoxia/altitude-hypoxia-explained
>The two primary determinants of altitude sickness are the altitude at which one sleeps and the rate of ascent. Higher sleeping altitudes and faster rates of ascent are associated with increased incidence of altitude sickness

>http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/09/28/the-heaven-and-hell-mt-semeru.html
>As the climb to the summit from the lowest camp takes roughly seven hours...

So it took OP 3 days and 2 nights to do a 7 hour hike, which would have gave him plenty of time to even get partially acclimatized, and still he claims altitude sickness and lack of oxygen?

OP confirmed for full of shit
>>
>>774914
>OP confirmed for full of shit
Alternatively OP could also be confirmed for little bitch. He thinks 64 F is cold
>>
>>774689
Nicely memed. Here have a (You)
>>
>>774683
I live only at 2300 mts and many visitor got sick and report the lack of oxigen shit.
>>
>>775112
Where is that?
>>
>>774914

Ascending slowly makes it less likely, not impossible. It sounds like OP is a bit unfit, why is it so hard to believe they felt some effects?

>and still he claims altitude sickness

Where?

>>774678

Trust me, most white people would struggle with a 500m hill. The guy you saw probably just lived high up or went out in the mountains a lot.
>>
>>774678
>Brown man here, definitely not /pol shill, white people are just genetically superior even beat me up the mountain in my homeland!
>>
>>775169
Peru
>>
>>775805
Arequipa?
>>
File: chachani 1.jpg (311KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
chachani 1.jpg
311KB, 1024x576px
>>775809
Yes
>>
>>775810
Noice
>>
File: mirin.gif (993KB, 245x248px) Image search: [Google]
mirin.gif
993KB, 245x248px
>>774678
>white people. why their lung capacity and stamina is so good, they beat us almost at everything?
Because Materrace that's why.
>mfw Yuro
>>
>>775106
>He thinks 64 F is cold
He grew up and has lived his entire life in the tropics. Of course he feels the cold more than a Swiss guy.
>>
>>776490
17°c is a mild temp everywhere. For someone from the tropics it could be a little bit on the cold side, but would not feel like freezing.

OP is just a lousy troll from /b/ who doesn't even understands what he's talking about.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.