[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning to do a day hike soon, but for food i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: rice crispies.jpg (38KB, 449x222px) Image search: [Google]
rice crispies.jpg
38KB, 449x222px
I'm planning to do a day hike soon, but for food i'm pretty conflicted, because i need lighter yet more calorie dense food. So far, I decided to carry 1kg of Rice crispies over 1kg of MRES because MRE's are heavier, Thoughts?
>>
File: Nothing But Trash.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Nothing But Trash.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>773682
>MRE
>>
those better have come cannibutter in them. both will give you terrible shits
>>
>>773682
>1kg is heavier than 1kg
it's summer early this year fellas

https://youtu.be/xeNAgBFmJpM
>>
>>773682
Lol, one kilogram of mres weighs the same as one kilogram of rice crispie treats you goofball.
The crispsies will just take up more room because like you said they aren't as dense.
>>
>>773682
>>773690
>>773691
Sure you think that, but....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuOzZ7dnPNU
>>
>>773690
Damn beat me to it
>>
why are you so worried about a dayhike? your pack shouldn't weigh that much to even be concerned with food. Pack whatever you want or think is tasty. Almonds, pepperoni, peanut butter and crackers, cheese, bananas, tuna packets. All good choices
>>
File: durr.jpg (32KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
durr.jpg
32KB, 500x371px
>>773682
>not carrying 1 kg of cotton candy
>mfw

lrn2ul or gtfo, faggot
>>
>>773682
>day hike
The MRE's will be much more satisfying and the extra few ounces on weight won't matter since it's just a day hike.
>>
>>773682
noodles, lentils, jerky, sweet potatoes, fruits, hardboiled eggs. dont bring rice crispies. and mres are expensive.
>>
>>773699
True minimalists bring a kg of cotton candy because it's so much lighter than a kg of any other food.
>>
>>773705
Obviously. Although I've always wondered about how edible Aerogels are. If you could eat aerogel a kg of that would be a fraction of the weight of a kg of cotton candy.
>>
File: 1462382436399.jpg (25KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
1462382436399.jpg
25KB, 250x201px
>>773682
>1kg of rice crispies vs 1kg of MRE's
>>
>>773716

The problem with that however is that your shits would blow away in the wind
>>
>>773687

Never tried MRE's, why the hate? Is it just the expense or is it what's in them that you take offence to?
>>
>>773701
Honestly this.... Not sure if OP is tossin out bait. It's a day hike. If you wanna enjoy yourself you might as well bring a small stove, a cooler bag, and a couple good beers, a steak, and a baked potato or something. It's just a simple day hike. Hike to a badass place, bust out an awesome meal, and enjoy a good meal outdoors in a great location.

>>773705
This tbqhf
>>
>>773906
They are NOT meant to sustain you, they're made for soldiers that need quick calories over a short duration, even soldiers in the field are supposed to return to eating real food in the mess hall fairly soon

Plus mostly try hards from /k/(like me) are all over that shit
>>
File: backpack1.jpg (45KB, 284x384px) Image search: [Google]
backpack1.jpg
45KB, 284x384px
>>773699
>>773705

>cotton candy

I got ya covered

*select all images with popcorn*
>>
>>773696
>Pepperoni
Hell yeah, my favorite out snack, I usually just get it by the stick and cut it in half.
>>
>>773682
its a dayhike faggot, make sure yo have your belt and suspenders on too faggot
>>
>MRE
Allegedly, you run the risk of demolishing your asshole with these.
>>
>>774391
i was under the impression they'd constipate the shit into you on account of the high calorie/high carb/high protein content and relatively low fiba
>>
>>773682
peanut butter.
>>
>>774022

Same here brotha! I brought a couple sticks of pepperoni on the AT, ate half a day with a big ass peanut butter and bagel sandwhich, dense as fuck.

They are fully cooked and preserved, kept for 4 days just ziplock bagged in my pack even though it was the middle of summer. Great out food.
>>
Fat>Carbs=Protein>Sugar

If you're concerned about weight on a day hike, why bring any food at all. It's literally one day.
>>
>>773905
I'd like that it'd be like shitting in rivers without getting my feet wet
>>
>>775566

Wind shitting: the future of /out/
>>
>>774465
What he said.
I've been on a high fat no carb diet for about a month now and can go way longer without thinking about food. If I was going on a day hike I'd just eat a big breakfast, gulp down a couple tbsp of gee or coconut oil and throw a bag of peanuts in my pocket. Your body burns rice crispy treats like gas soaked rags.
>>
>>773690
You know what point he was trying to get across, you uppity faggot.
>>
>>774465
this if you want calories go with nutella.
very few things beat nutella, like bacon i guess, but it also has sugar in it and that's good fore immediate boost of energy.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.