[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice on a good 100L+ pack I'm looking at the Mystery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

Need advice on a good 100L+ pack

I'm looking at the Mystery Ranch Marshall but it's 600 bux and kinda heavy - although it's virtually indestructible.

Anyone got any good bag suggestions in this size category?
>>
>>768971
Do you honestly need a pack that big and do you really need it to be a military style? What will you be using it for?
>>
>>768971
why 100l + ?
>>
File: 333_928_xl.jpg (28KB, 450x676px) Image search: [Google]
333_928_xl.jpg
28KB, 450x676px
Osprey Xenith
>>
http://www.eberlestock.com/Pack_Comparison.htm

this. the best backbag i ever had
>>
>>768971
I have had mystery ranch on my christmas list since i was a sapper. Fucking cheap ass santa clause never delivers.

I want the 4 piece. I think it is what you have pictured.
>>
>>769052
>>769147
Over 7 day camping / hunting trips most likely. Also if I do a shorter trip (like 3-4 days) I can just pack more comfort items for the trip.
>>
So that's your backpack, huh?
>>
>>768971

how do you guys decide what size pack you need?

height+pack size/days planned or something?
>>
>>768971
Kelty red cloud 110l. Look for ladt years model which came in od green and coyote brown.
>>
>>768971
whats your height and weight?
>>
>>768971

I'm 5'9'' 175lb and take a 80l pack which easily fits a weeks food, my -10C sleeping gear, etc, CCF pads (bulky) inside. In the summer I need even less space (around 60l) - this is also the pack I use in winter for single nights.

Fair enough if you are packing game out a large capacity could be useful but I still don't see how it makes sense to get a huge pack.

>>769731
>I can just pack more comfort items for the trip.
Never a good idea

>>769773
I put all my shit in a pack and see how much space is left. If i"m straining to get it closed, if there's not at least 10l of space 'free' for food, or I'm hanging shit from the outside then the pack is too small.
>>
File: 81zd3AUkveL._SX522_.jpg (25KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
81zd3AUkveL._SX522_.jpg
25KB, 522x522px
>>768971
Erberlestock gunrunner.
>>
File: 1461086346055.jpg (36KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1461086346055.jpg
36KB, 640x360px
>>769892
>Never a good idea (to be comfortable)

What in the fuck type of crack are you smoking?
>>
File: tradeoff.png (3KB, 401x331px) Image search: [Google]
tradeoff.png
3KB, 401x331px
>>770460
Comfort items tend to be heavy and thus adds weight and makes the hiking more uncomfortable, at least while walking.
>>
>>770460
If you need 'extra' items to be comfy /out/ you're doing it wrong.

What exactly do you pack in those extra 20 litres that is so worth it?
>>
Kelty redcloud 110 is the best pack on the market
>>
>>770601
>If you need 'extra' items to be comfy /out/ you're doing it wrong.

Yes because extra food prep tools for a wider range of delicious shit, some extra clothes, maybe some extra towels for swimming and all that other shit is "doing it wrong" - It's real easy to fill up a 70L pack with a weeks worth of essentials. You would know this if you ever packed anything before.

Seriously, get fucked continuously until you leave your basement for once.
>>
>>768971
Bergans Powerframe and Alpiinist are popular haulers from Norway. That said, I never needed that much space, not even on 12+ day trips.
>>
>>770912
I guess, man. I personally don't think you should ever need more than 80L for a week long backpacking trip. Packing all that shit seems excessive.
>>
>>770912
So fucking salty.

I do an overnighter whenever work rota allows so every 1-2 weeks. Don't project your shit on me.

If OP cannot justify why he needs 110l maybe he should consider something smaller? And if he struggles with 80l just now in the future when he has a better sense of what he needs he won't have some huge heavy pack to fill.

My winter back is 80l and I can pack all my camping gear, plus my -10c bag, plus a second tarp, plus an extra quilt, extra clothing (longjohns, jumper, a second hat, second pair of gloves, down jacket, spare trousers, spare socks x4) and still have space for 3 days food easy.

Plenty of other anons are agree so don't make it out like I'm some neckbeard faggot.
>>
>>768971

Have the MR NICE 6500. Since they are pretty much bomb proof I didn't mind buying it used; payed 500 Canadian for it.

The bag is a bit heavy, although not as heavy as the cheap aluminum pack frames you see around. It has good padding and carries well so the weight doesn't feel bad at all on your back. It's as tough as advertised, and of course enormous.

>>769892

Once you're hauling out game, you want a bag like this, trust me. I packed a deer + all my gear in an 80l obusforme with a plastic internal frame and it sucked. I could do it again but... I don't wanna.
>>
>>771045
>>771036

He already said he's going to be hunting with it

The bag also compresses to fit your load, you don't have to stuff 110l in a 110l bag.
>>
>>768971
hej OP, do you know this one?
http://www.naturkompaniet.se/fjallraven-kajka-100

I don't own it, but this company usually makes very high quality stuff
might want to look into it
>>
>>771387
Honest question: what does hauling out a deer or whatever have to do with the size of your backpack?
>>
>>771404
I have a kajka 100
Can confirm god tier backpack.
Super adjustable so will fit any frame body.
Quality material and comes with a rain cover
>>
>>769771
HHHHHWIPSNAKE
>>
>>771407
Mystery ranch has an even better pack for hauling out game. I can't remember the name. But it is pretty much 2 packs with a super tough bottom and heavy duty straps to hold it together. On the nice frame.
>>
>>769307
I'm interested in this. Any feedback as to what makes it so good?
>>
>>768971
Damn good looking pack OP.
don't worry about the weight of the pack because the rock solid suspension will more than make up for that.
expensive but well worth it when /out/ away from the slackpackers.
you shouldn't worry about bag stowage either.
own a dana design astralplane overkill w/hundreds /out/ trips.
>>
>>768971
I've had a kelly red cloud 90 for around a year now. It's been good
>>
>>771407
Different guy but I'm typically 5-10 miles from a road. I'll have a base camp somewhere halfway where I'll empty my pack then I'll have room to get the deer out. After I drop deer off I come back to camp.
>>
I can recommend the whipsnake

https://youtu.be/ZAtzN_ScKXY
>>
File: Savotta Jääkäri.jpg (100KB, 550x744px) Image search: [Google]
Savotta Jääkäri.jpg
100KB, 550x744px
Only 30L, but I'm still shilling this because it looks like sex.
>>
>>776552
I really wanted this but it was too small foe what i needed and the 80L version was too big. I hope they come out with a 55-65L version
>>
>>776552
Dude fucking hell. I want this pack so badly, but living in Australia means I can only get it for 400 dollars. Thanks retarded conversion rate. Thanks Europeans for not exporting your cool gear.
>>
>>777371
>80L version was too big
lol
r u a grl?
>>
>>777400
lol r u a sperglord?
>>
>>777376
Did you take off their tax? It wouldn't magically be cheaper if they exported it. You'd be lucky to get a few bucks off.
>>
>>780190
I feel like if an Australian company bought a lot of them into the country, they would at least be a bit cheaper. Maybe i'm wrong, though.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.