[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever see planets through a telescope before? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: saturn.jpg (2KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
saturn.jpg
2KB, 480x360px
Anyone ever see planets through a telescope before? I've seen Saturn and Jupiter when camping before and It's mindblowing to see it in "in person" rather than through pictures.

Pretty crazy to see in irl and confirm to yourself that such planets actually exist and aren't really just part of picture books you read as a child.
>>
Yeah, during my childhood summers my uncle would visit and bring his telescope. Our property was very rural so we had no light pollution at all. Seeing the planets through the scope was very humbling. I can only image the wonder some of the first telescope craftsman felt.
>>
>>767481
No, I just bought a telescope though and hope to see some cool stuff with it. It's not the best but it's what I could afford. Tried it in my backyard and didn't see much, maybe there was too much light out. Street lights, and there is a church behind my place with what seems like some kind of world record parking lot light collection. I will take it with me when I go camping next time though.
>>
what's a good telescope to take /out/ which will provide sights like this?
>>
File: WEBvic16_May14evFixed.jpg (35KB, 480x545px) Image search: [Google]
WEBvic16_May14evFixed.jpg
35KB, 480x545px
>>767492
Try looking at Jupiter and the moon, they're both bright enough you can observe them in the middle of the city.

>>767497
I bring my spotting scope sometimes, doesn't collect a whole lot of light but it's OK for the moon and planets.
>>
>>767481
Seen Jupiter through a telescope from my backyard and also got to see Mercury transit the sun last week. It was a rare sight.
>>
>>767481

Seeing the rings of Saturn for the first time was absolutely mind-blowing.
>>
>>767492
You should be able to see other planets just about anywhere bro, just find out where they are.
>>
>>767670
>just find out where they are.
This site is good to see what's visible
http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/sky-at-a-glance/

Jupiter, Mars and Saturn are all visible at night currently
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-18-00-06-06.png (366KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-18-00-06-06.png
366KB, 720x1280px
Took this with my phone pointed at the sight to my Tele the other night
>>
>>767492
Assuming you don't have one of the fancy bullshit self-pointing telescopes get a star chart app for star hopping and a list of the brightest messier objects. m23 and m42 are bitchin
>>
>>767613
I found Saturn a bit underwhelming, cool but not as hype as I hoped. Moons of Jupiter and barely making out the ice caps on mars were kickass though.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.