[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey out! I've got a racoon problem. I have two cats and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (10KB, 230x220px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 230x220px
Hey out!

I've got a racoon problem. I have two cats and generally leave my door open so it's only the screen door which is closed, the screen door is not connected in one corner so the cats can come in and out, but it still keeps bugs out.

Today I went into the kitchen and found a racoon halfway through the screen about to be inside, and one of my cats hissing at it.

I made a loud noise and it went back outside, but not far. So I got my slingshot and smacked it with a 1/8 inch steel ball, it backed up a bit but stayed. Smacked it again, same thing. Switched to a 1/4 inch ball and hit in in the face. Then it ran further away but still stayed.

I went back inside, 20 minutes later went to check and it's just sitting staring at the door. I smacked it again with a 1/4'' ball and it ran out of sight.

Did I do enough to discourage it from coming back? what should i do? I don't want to hurt or kill the poor thing just teach it to stay the fuck away from my door and my cat.
>>
>>764937
Leave out a small dish of antifreeze
>>
>>764963
Cats love antifreeze too so this would likely kill OPs two cats. Sounds like a bad plan IMO.
>>
>>764937

give it a puff of pepper spray next time.
>>
>>764937
Be careful about the cats befriending the raccoon and sharing fleas/parasites with each other. That's actually more common than the raccoon attacking the cat.
>>
>>764965
sound fine to me no cats no racoons
>>
>>764937
>Did I do enough to discourage it from coming back?
Lolno. They never stop coming back. I used to leave the screen loose for my dog but I had to stop. One year they learned how to slide open the fucking screen door so I had to make a latch for it, luckily the current batch never figured that out. One year they kept pulling the screen out so I had to put some heavy wire mesh on the bottom 18 inches (that was also the year rats infested the neighborhood and chewed a hole in the screen, thank god that was a temporary problem).

>what should i do?
If you can't kill it, fix the screen and apologize to your cats.
>>
>>764937
Just shoot the faggot or flatten him with a shovel.
If you're into the whole less lethal thing or your neighbors can't abide a single gunshot, you could try to trap it and release it in the woods or just continue to discourage it with a sling shot/wrist rocket.
I had good luck cranking a paintball marker up as high as it would go without breaking paint in the barrel and 'discouraging' it across the yard, up a tree, back out of the tree, and as far into the woods as I could follow it. Never saw it again, I can't imagine a reasonable slingshot wouldn't be up to that job.
>>
>>765024
>paintball marker
that's what I would say; probably be better non lethal weapon you'll get

it might be possible to buy or make some pepper spray rounds...

if that doesn't work, get a trap and trap it, then relocate it as far away as possible...

if that doesn't work, shoot it
>>
>>764937
Ask me about the big-faggot 'coon I sploded with tannerite... lips and peckers, errwhere
>>
File: helpimstuck.jpg (47KB, 490x409px) Image search: [Google]
helpimstuck.jpg
47KB, 490x409px
>>765024
>or your neighbors can't abide a single gunshot
Yeah, all those liberal city slicker redditor faggots whining about your bullets going through the back fence into their kid's wading pool when you're just defending your property against varmints
>>
>>765062
>>>fgt
>>
>>765062
As long as you mind your rules the chances are you could still safely kill a raccoon. Of course there are going to be situations where this is not feasible, thanks for pointing that out.
>backyard sloping down into another backyard and house ect
>no safe backstop or means of elevating yourself over the target
>within city limits
In my case I could and I'm sure if I did, I would get some funny looks but everyone would understand it's not like I'm playing muslim wedding and shooting in the air for kicks. They'd probably appreciate the lack of coon, which a couple of my neighbors have had periodic issues with because they are idiots.
Fuck, the trashy neighborhood nearby plays host to gunshots and miscellaneous explosions so often I doubt anyone other than my immediate neighbors would pay any mind.
>>
I have a raccoon problem too. Mostly that she leaves hickies on any exposed flesh she can't get a hold of, escaped her cage regularly and I'm gonna have to put child locks on everything before she figures out how the cabinets work
>>
>I threw a kabar at a coon once
>I miss by like an inch
>he picks up the damn knife
>tries to run away with it
>i am chasing a fucking raccoon through the woods for my 90 dollar kabar
>i cant help but think i helped him evolve

Little bastards
>>
Thanks for the replies all!

I guess I'll just keep an eye out for it and smack it with a 1/4'' steel ball from my wristrocket any time it comes around. I do actually have some pepper spray too so I'll try that if there is a next time.
>>
Give it a little plate of meat and kiss it on the head.
>>
>>765734
Best answer desu. Pls don't hurt him anon
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>765089
Grab a pellet gun nigga.

I leave my back door open all the time too so my dogs don't wake me up 3 times everynight. Worst I got was a little garder snake inside once. The AC cranked down made him extra slow so I just grabbed him in a towel and dropped him on the other side of the house. Funniest thing was the snek was chilling on this fan I have in a hallway with his head sticking out right about eye level of the dogs. They walked past snek a bunch of times and never noticed him.

Suprised I haven't gotten anything worse.

For pellet guns, maybe check out some Gamos. They have some nice stuff for ~$150 that will easily take a raccoon.
>>
Get a live trap. Use marshmallows for bait that way you don't just keep catching your cats.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.