[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>on the first week of a new painting job >asked to take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: exo1x_m-m0s9fgrmzvu9ja2.png (87KB, 424x317px) Image search: [Google]
exo1x_m-m0s9fgrmzvu9ja2.png
87KB, 424x317px
>on the first week of a new painting job
>asked to take down multi-story scaffolding
>weakling, 170 pounds, havent lifted weights in years
>uuuhhhhh i dunno boss
>get dirty looks
>asked to tie a bunch of ladders to a truck, no bungies
>they show me a knot quickly, just one time

well, here we are. I enjoyed being /out/, but is this how it all ends? How do I get better at this crap?
>>
Dude just relax. Its just a painting job. I bet you do way more complex shit while out.

The only reason you're struggling is because you're so freakishly scared of doing a bad job. Scared makes people real fuckin stupid. Just relax and do it
>>
>>763001
>The only reason you're struggling is because you're so freakishly scared of doing a bad job.
they wanted me to take down hundreds of pounds of scaffolding. The guy right next to me told me to do x y and z or else i WILL get hurt. I'm so much weaker than everyone else, like a twig. No body strength.
>>
>>763021
Dude I have had 5'3" mexican manlets about 125 pounds hump scaffolding all fucking day.
No one piece is over 50 pounds you retard.
>>
>>763021
Surprise surprise little white boy, men that work for a living are very strong.
>>
>>763026
This. Mexicans go so hard. Laying bricks with mexicans is really really intense but you get strong like them eventually. They all just started at 11 with their padre.
>>
No shit jackass.

You're doing labor.

Did you think you'd just go in there, paint a wall and leave?

If they ask you to do something, DO IT or at least attempt to do it sure they might get a bit pissed but at least they realize you're making an effort to try and work.
>>
Start lifting fucking weights then you lazy piece of shit.

Bench press
Squats
lunges
Deadlift
Pullups
Curls
Presses
Rows

Get that shitty 170lb body to a lean, strong 185lb body, then everything is easier.
>>
>>763026
>No one piece is over 50 pounds you retard.
the pipe that holds the scaffolding to the house weighed far more than 50 lbs, numbskull. Apologize.
>>
>>763035
>If they ask you to do something, DO IT or at least attempt to do it s
What am I going to do ? Lift some huge pipe attached to the wall and either hurt myself badly or break a window? I'm weak as shit, it would take 6 months in the gym to fix this mess.
>>
>>763062
Quit. Get a desk job. You're obviously not cut out for manual labor, you piss and moan too damn much.
>>
>>763065
You're not cut out for this thread, buck.
>>
>>763062
You say "Hey man I might not be able to lift this by myself, chuck us a hand?"

If they say piss off then you're working with some very unprofessional tradies.

I was a Carpenter for 8 years and couldn't lift shit when I first started then the strength eventually came to me from carrying heavy shit, gym is not needed if you're willing to put your back into it.

Also, if you're doing tradie work (Painter/Carpenter) your back is guaranteed to be fucked after a few years, it's almost a 90% you'll have some back injury if you don't bludge and work hard, and if you expect to keep your job you must work hard.
>>
>>763072
>Also, if you're doing tradie work (Painter/Carpenter) your back is guaranteed to be fucked after a few years, it's almost a 90% you'll have some back injury if you don't bludge and work hard, and if you expect to keep your job you must work hard.
The scaffolding is going to fall and kill me tomorrow morning when I try to set it up
>>
>>763078
Natural selection :^)
>>
File: 1441936044900.jpg (11KB, 254x255px) Image search: [Google]
1441936044900.jpg
11KB, 254x255px
>>762961
>>763021
>>763062
You seem to be a complete pussy. I'd suggest you quit and find yourself another job that doesn't require hard work. Perhaps sucking dick would be more your speed?
>>
>>763030
>padre
Kek, here that means priest.
>>
>>763120
Hmm, let's recap:
Padre = Father = Priest
Yeah, I can see how that would be confusing... no, no I can't.
>>
>>763078
God, you're a pathetic excuse for a man.
>>
>>763120
>>763123
It also means "cool" in mexican slang.
>>
>>763061
I used to do concrete work. The heaviest pieces of scaffolding weigh about 50 pounds. If your job is liscenced and bonded then they go by osha standards.

You are just a pussy.
>>
>>763144
That's so '50s Americana.
>daddy-o
>>
>>763072
This. Ask them to help you out if you're struggling. You are being a pussy about this though, OP.
>>
>>762961
All i can say is be careful white boy.
Seriously op, don't fuck up your back.
I've met too many young fucks that fuck their shit up and wind up with chronic pain for not working smart.
Don't get me wrong, you need to work hard but also do it safely. I remember when I started fitting pipes there was this little white dude trying to pick up a piece of about 20 feet of 10'' id black pipe, schedule 40 while climbing a ladder.
Fucker thought he was putting an effort while I just kinda held it up for him untill he almost hurt himself and stoped trying. He then realized I was holding and lifting the piece by myself.
Work hard but rely on your crew and always make an effort. You will become strong.
>>
>>763026
There's nothing you can't do with that Mexi-Can Do attitude!
>>
>>763072
There's nothing wrong with admitting your limitations so you can safely get the job done. Just don't whine and complain.
>>
>>763026
>>763021
>>763061
I started my railway job at 143lbs, gained 10lbs within two years... It aint much but my strength went way up.

Just do the shit that is required of you and dont be a little bitch.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.