[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best resources to learn practical skills, survival

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1457397746526.jpg (75KB, 752x550px) Image search: [Google]
1457397746526.jpg
75KB, 752x550px
What are the best resources to learn practical skills, survival skills and become adaptable to most environments?
Is pic related enough?
Generally speaking, what resources and approach would you recommend to someone who wants to become as self-sufficient and resourceful as possible?
>>
>>761858
Go to /t/ download ETYNTKE. There is everything you need to know really.

You can see a few titles of manuals in this screen cap of the folder...
>pic related
>>
File: survival.jpg (609KB, 1737x851px) Image search: [Google]
survival.jpg
609KB, 1737x851px
>>762304
what..... didnt upload the pic....
>>
>>762306
> Mormon emergency preparation
??
>>
>US Army survival manual

Wouldn't that be enough for basically everything save for the most technical stuff?
I can't imagine that book being incomplete.
>>
>>762304
I can't find it in /t/
>>
>>762396
Army manuals are usually just the absolute basics when it comes to survival, more aimed towards SERE than long term survival.
Not sure if the US version is the same.
>>
>>762458
The SAS manual seems pretty complete to me. It's also recommended by a lot of survivalist websites.
>>
>>762479
Yeah, special forces units usually have a lot better survival training then the average soldier.
>>
US Army Survival Manuals are nice. Youtube videos have been a surprisingly good help. Anything related to primitive survival will teach you things you probably aren't likely to hear about. Above all, just go out and try things.
>>
some of the better people on youtube for simple living information are

mors kochanski
dave canterbury
christian noble
corporals corner (channel)
david west (this man will teach you how to make fire with anything. my nickname for him is prometheus)

then there are a number of survival schools that upload to youtube. the difference between your casual youtube survivalist, and survival schools uploading to youtube, is that the former uploads content for views, and the latter uploads content thats pertinent to school itineraries, that must be high quality enough to be paid for by students. primitive lifeways, karamat school, wilderness outfitters, etc

there are a bunch of shills on youtube that bolster their image with the rare shoddy bush living video, then spend the rest of the time reviewing sponsors product. hilariously, this is a study concerning life and death, so that people would be willing to gamble others people lives to give biased reviews, thats triply a reason to stay away from them and their ilk
>>
>>762304
Explain how
>>
>>762379
Mormons are pretty big on prepping and the sort for one reason or another, they like to can and emergency prep. This is a book about how they do it I suppose.
>>
>>762304
>ETYNTKE

Search ETYNTKE

NOTHING FOUND
>>
>>762506
Do we have access to any of those? I got Wiseman's book, the SAS one, nothing else. Also, ETYNTKE didn't find jack shit.
>>
>>765151
https://archive.org/details/ETYNTKE Here is the archive link
>>762304
>>
>>761858
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ew5hVH1Ek

Found this, it's quite simple, but applies to my area.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.