[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wake up early >drive 2 hours >"trail is closed"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_1341.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1341.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>wake up early
>drive 2 hours
>"trail is closed"
>no

Wat do?
>>
Unless you're in some terrible area that only has one decent trail, find another one.
>>
>>759623
>Park one killometer away
>Hike here anyway
Fuck the police.
>>
Thank god I'm Scandinavian and can walk wherever the heck I want and don't have to confine myself to these "trails"
>>
>>759628
like that note there for instance

>PLEASE
>Stay on the trail

???

You are barely even outdoors if you're just going to walk a graveled path
>>
>>759628
>brown people hike

muhammed, please
>>
File: Boulder-Pass-Trail-Glacier.jpg (120KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
Boulder-Pass-Trail-Glacier.jpg
120KB, 700x467px
>>759630
>gravel path
Do you even know what gravel is?

>barely outdoors
I know, look at this shit, it's like a goddamn shopping mall
>>
File: donalds angels.jpg (58KB, 494x361px) Image search: [Google]
donalds angels.jpg
58KB, 494x361px
>>759630
It's a request, not a requirement.
>>
File: 1432412968230.gif (503KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1432412968230.gif
503KB, 600x600px
>trail closed
>>
I have never and will never obey any sort of laws when it comes to the Forest. I will respect the Forest, sure. I will not obey suggestions or laws. Hike that trail bro. Are you not an American?
>>
>>759623
Turn 360 degrees and walk away
>>
That says the bridge is collapsed on the north trail, right? Do you know how far it is to the bridge? Is the north trail the only trail there or can you just walk a different trail at the same park?
>>
File: 1458181784575.jpg (85KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1458181784575.jpg
85KB, 720x960px
>>759697
Spotted the idiot.
>>
>>759728
>you cant walk wherever the hell you please on this earth

Just kill yourself if this is a barrier you have
>>
>>759739
Well if you walk onto my personal property expect to be greeted with a 12 gauge. But i do agree with you that public property is over regulated. Public property should have commercial use regulations and that is it.
>>
>>759697
anons last words, search and rescue never found him
>>
>>759743
I fully expect a shotgun and a personal request from a private propery owner is the only reason I would find another place to walk. I live in rural kentucky I am very used to warning shots. This mutual respect between two people detracts literally nothing from my freedom to walk anywhere, as his freedom to shoot me stands just as firm.
>>
>>759745
Only braindead people get lost in the woods, I have purposefully done this dozens of times and every goddamn time I find a road no matter how hard I try, sure sometimes it takes a day or two of walking but I still find a damn road
>>
>>759628
This, decided to go off trail yesterday when hiking. My 10km hike ended up becoming an almost 45km hike. Best thing I've done, just let yourself get lost, then re-establish where you are in the map and find the way home.
>>
>>759777
Yeah, unless you're really really gone, you'll most likely find a road, small trail or car trails from machines. But lots of people panic once they're out of their comfort zone.
>>
>>759623
Did you not have the $8 for the box? There's no sign indicating trail is closed.
>>
>>759782
I dont have sympathy for the people that panic. I prefer they leave the gene pool. But really, how do you get too deep to escape without a bush plane?
>>
>>759805
Casuals man, they get lost and are too afraid to take responsibility for their actions.
>>
>trails

no thanks, i like to hike in the wild
>>
>>759889
>wild
I want to be you when I grow up.
>>
The autism in this bait thread is too much.
>>
>>759623
Stop being such a faggot and do the trail anyway. Failing that, kill yourself for being such a bitch while claiming to be an /out/doorsman.
>>
>>759630
>Pleas stay on the trail
They just don't want to have to send out search teams all the time to find some retards who got lost in the woods.
>>
>>759623
>closed due to a collapsed bridge
>wat do

Depends on that broken bridge, do you know the trail and the bridge this refers to?
>>
>>759630
>Stay on the trail
How would you not get lost if you aren't on trails?
Where would you be going? Trails go to places of interest.
How would you walk off a trail? There would be bushes and branches and bramble prickers in the way. I go in the woods, not in some field that is wide open when I hike.
Hiking mountains trails are the way up and down. Again, too many obstructions if you go off a trail.
>>
>>759702
>Turn 360 degrees and walk away
??? This makes no sense.
>>
>>760334
>How would you not get lost if you aren't on trails

???

In Scandinavia you literally learn how to work a map (with topology of terrain marked) and compass right after kindergarten as orienteering is part of PE

Also how to get a reading of north/south and east/west looking at signs in nature

=> Only a complete retard gets lost

>Where would you be going
I would look at the map and find the most secluded and neatest place available so I could camp there. i.e. a forest lake or similar

>How would you walk off a trail? There would be bushes and branches and bramble prickers in the way
Using my legs, not a mobility scooter. Humans are surprisingly terrain-going

>Mountains
I'll give you that one, that is like the one exception where I would stay near a trail at least.
You should also understand that a lot of people want a genuine camping experience. We don't want to go to some designated camping grounds where other people might get in the vincinity and you have "park rangers" and similar.

I want to be secluded so I can fell a few trees for my shelter, make a huge campfire, etc.
>>
Could I get a ticket for hiking it anyways?
>>
>>760335
>being this new
>>
>>760353
>this new
What are you talking about. This is simple geometry 101. 360 degrees is a circle. If you turn 360 you cannot walk away. you're going back in the direction you started.
To walk away you would go 180 degrees.
Did you fail high school math?
>>
>>759628
There's a shitload of trials in Norway.

You probably live in some remote part of Finland where nobody wants to go.
>>
>>760376
Is this a joke or are you actually being serious?
>>
>>759623

This would never happen here because I don't live in a third world country.
>>
>>759623
>Drive an hour
>Get to state park
>Closed due to flooding

REEEEEE

Now I always check the state parks website first.
>>
File: 71788327.jpg (12KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
71788327.jpg
12KB, 100x100px
>>759623
>Wat do?
move to europe
>>
>>760498
Sure that's a great idea if you never want to be more than a 5 minute walk from civilization
>>
>>760486
This. I check for closures, trail conditions and weather/wildlife alerts before. Either through the managing agency or trip reports
>>
>>760352
Possibly, but most likely they'll just tell you to turn around if there's even anyone watching the trail. Likely they'll just put a ticket on your car rather than hunt you down and cite you.

It also depends on why the trail is closed. If it's because of something like a fire or rock slide they'll come find you and tell you to get the fuck out of there.
>>
Thanks.

Closed because a bridge is out over some swampy area. Been that way since 2013 though and I'm just thinking fuck it I'm gonna hike it.

This is NE WA btw
>>
>>759697
i stay away from places that are trying to repopulate plants when it's noted, I think you should at least be aware of that kind of shit
>>
>>759743
And you would feel 15 rounds of 45acp in your chest. Doesn't matter if I accidentally stumble on your property. If I'm posing zero threat and you pull a gun out on me I'm fearing for my life and killing you before you kill me. It's still illegal to brandish a weapon at someone on your own private property. The law doesn't protect you from that and it doesn't protect you being retarded and getting killed on your own property.
>>
>>759772
>simple trespass
>legal or moral reason to at shoot someone, much less shoot them
lolno.
It's different if you kick someones door in but simply traipsing across an unmarked property line adjacent to public land being justification for anything other than a "hey, you're on my land, leave"? Fuck no.
Maybe I'm more concerned about spic drug grows than I am acclimatized to sister fuckers but until the world ends, warning shot my ass, that is attempted murder.
>>
>>760345
Scandinavia is half the size of my state (and it's a fairly small state) no wonder you can't get fucking lost. When your outdoors is probably the size and well manicured landscape of a botanical garden then you would be hard pressed to get lost.

>Taught how to read the park 'maps'. 2km to next toilet/emergency phone/carpark.
>Scandinavia bro
>>
File: images.png (25KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
25KB, 289x174px
>>760376
> you
>>
>>761265
Fuck that. Are you not American? I go where i please.
>>
>>761285
Have dealt with at least 50 warning shots in my life. Been hit with a salt round in the leg. This is an extremely common way to get people off of your property. You puss cake. Move to Europe if you can't handle freedom.
>>
>>761293
>Taught how to read the park 'maps'. 2km to next toilet/emergency phone/carpark.
So literally the size of an American national "forest"

Because these are the tiny splotches YOU are allowed to roam in, and they're smaller than the uninhabited areas around here.

lel
>>
>>761311
>getting shot is pussy shit
Keep saying that when you've never actually experienced freedom east coast slave, but when you're minding your own business and inflicting no injury nor pursuing no criminal enterprise being fired upon is generally considered an act of aggression out west. Shouldn't you be too busy suckling red coat or yankee dick to post on here much less be in the few woods you have?
>>
>>759630
>>759628
there is no real obligation, to stay on the trails, generally when signs are posted its because the area is home to an at risk species, or the areas off the trail are potentially dangerous to novice hikers.
>>
>>761331
>from appalachia
>living in rural oregon

>yankee slave

:^)
>>
>>760334
>how would you not get lost if you aren't on trails?
It's called memory. It's not difficult to walk out a few miles into a forest and walk back. use your mind

>where would you be going
A nice grove, a stream, a nice tree to climb on. Do you really think the outdoors has no good places that aren't on trails?

>how would you walk off into a trail

use your legs. Jungle tribesmen manage to walk in shitholes with bushes and branches and thorns everywhere without machetes, and they're fine. Use your goddamn mind. I don't live in vietnam, there aren't huge vines and insects that kill me when I go off trail. You trailfags make me laugh
>>
>>763686
This.
>>
File: cucamonga_peak_trail.jpg (112KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
cucamonga_peak_trail.jpg
112KB, 660x440px
>>760345

>>Mountains, I'll give you that one

Nearly all of our hiking areas are either mountains or deserts in California. If you go off these trails you are taking your life in your hands and running the risk of falling or suffering from heatstroke, dehydration, snakebites, and animal attacks with a slim chance of receiving prompt medical attention.

Glad to hear your country is safe enough that you just can march wherever you please but don't assume every country's wilderness is as cuddly and forgiving as yours is in the summer.
>>
>>763686
>>763691
I don't know where you live but I'm in the Northeast and the woods near me are filled with underbrush. If I go off trail I'm going to have shredded legs from the prickers and thorns. That is if I can even get through. Seriously, a machete would turn a 1 hour hike on trail to maybe a day hike off trail hacking at this shit.
>>
>>761281
Trespassing is considered a threat if you shot him expect jail time.
>>
>>763842
Threat is not one way
>>
>>763835
Wear blue jeans and get over it pussy.
>>
>>761281
it's not brandishing on your own private property, and you'll have no luck defending yourself in court if you shoot someone dead on their own land with no witnesses

>thinks he'd put 15 rounds of .45 into the chest of the landowner who carries a long gun
real tough, bud
>>
>>761281
It's well within his rights in many states to kill you if you trespass on his property.
>>
>>763934
>people actually believe this gun nut fantasty
no state allows you to legally shoot someone for trespassing you stupid
>>
>>763949
>gun nut fantasty
Gun nut fantasy my ass. It's an inbred trash fantasy.
>>
>>763949
>>764058
>he doesn't live in a free state
>he doesn't have a drop gun and some old cars riddled with bullets to make the story more believable

Come back when you own more acreage than your mom's basement.
>>
>>760376
It's one of the oldest memes on 4chan.
>>
>>764090
>get shot by someone who actually trains
ftfy. no one cares about your still trasho.
>>
>>763949
All they have to do is say you threatened them. You're dead so you really can't refute their testimony but your body on their land is plenty of evidence that you were acting with ill intent.
>>
>>764151
>your body on their land is plenty of evidence that you were acting with ill intent
No it's not. The only evidence of that is your testimony.
>>
>>764163
Even if castle doctrine doesn't apply you still have twenty odd states with stand your ground law

It's not like you won't have cops crawling up your asshole but you sure as fuck won't get convicted.
>>
>>759625
Not the best idea, they close those trails in the States for a reason a lot of times. (Clearly not every time)
>>
>>763686
Open forests like that are not typical at all in the US. There's enough brush that a 4 hour mile off trail is optimistic in a lot of places.
>>
>>764200
Bullet impact is much different at 200 yards than it is point blank. Ubless your cop has a double digit IQ that will not be slipped past him. It will never be legal to HUNT people.
>>
File: amazonian.jpg (345KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
amazonian.jpg
345KB, 1000x664px
>>763835
>>764317
and?
The forests in the amazon rainforest are a lot worse than your northeast forest. Thorns, spikes, thick brush, spiders, biting insects.

Guess what they natives do? They walk through it, naked or in shorts or a loincloth, and they're fine. They actually know the natural paths. Stop being a pussy and get over it. You won't have your best outdoor experience on a trail.
>>
>>764470
Go away namefaggot
>>
>>764510
>doesn't have a response
>insults instead
>trailfags

kek
>>
>>764470
/out/ is 99% people that roleplay being in the woods when they're actually just tabbing in and out of World of Warcarft
>>
File: 11111111.jpg (32KB, 800x342px) Image search: [Google]
11111111.jpg
32KB, 800x342px
>>764515
I agree, friendo :^)
>>
>>759623
Lol amerifats. I have more freedom in my bell end.
>>
>>764470

>and they're fine.

they have an average life expectancy of 43. Doesn't sound fine to me.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/707491
>>
>>764317
Well don't go places with thick underbrush like that. Real complex.
>>
File: 1363920914821.jpg (73KB, 746x514px) Image search: [Google]
1363920914821.jpg
73KB, 746x514px
>>763708
I live in California too and you have been brainwashed by the dramatically overstated dangers of nature.

>Mountains
You don't need a trail, just walk up in zig zags

>deserts
You especially don't need a trail here just know where your water sources are and never be more then half a day away from one

>falling
be carefull and don't fall like a bitch

>heatstroke
stay hydrated and if too hot, dampen your shemagh and wrap it around your head. If it works for the sand niggers it will work for you.

>dehydration
bring enough water to drink, then drink it... moron

>snakebites
A more legitimate concern yet still comically over feared. Look for them in the grass and behind rocks and logs when you walk. With the exception of the diamondback rattlesnakes are chill as fuck and will only get upset with you if you act threateningly or get far too close. Walk with a thud and they will know your coming. They will remain chill as long as you give them like 5 ft of personal space (10 if diamondback) that is not too much to ask in your own fuckin' house is it? Buy yourself a pair of turtleskins if your that much of a bitch.

>"animal attacks"
you mean our tiny black bears that fuck right off if confronted? Same deal as the rattlesnakes. be polite by making your presence known and observing personal space/territorial markings. If you do offend or startle a bear because you are a bumbling idiot, have no fear as there is a purpose made spray just for people like you so you can fend off the scary animals with a nonlethal chemical weapon.

>for your information
scandinavia is far more wild then california so please get over yourself. They have polar bear, grizzlies, black bears, moose, and wolves that will ruin your shit if provoked or sufficiently hungry (with the exception of moose). All we have ar black bears (the cuddliest kind) and coyotes which are little pussies. We also have a huge population with hikers, trails, roads, and rangers everywhere.
>>
File: 1417901203124.gif (4MB, 450x223px) Image search: [Google]
1417901203124.gif
4MB, 450x223px
>>760498
You're joking right? That place where everyone is always bitching about not being able to get away with shit in the woods?
>>
>>766142
I believe he meant Scandinavia.
>>
File: 838977_1280x720[1].jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
838977_1280x720[1].jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
>>765066

Thanks for elaborating on all of my points for me and listing some of the precautions people have to take when they hike here.

Also I guess I forgot flash floods, plague squirrels, hantavirus, rabies, and park rangers who'd love to throw you in their squad car for walking by a condor habitat.
>>
>>761281
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>765066
Californians are afraid of their own fucking shadows.
>>
>>766632
fuck man u sure you even want to go out side. you might get bit by a mosquito.

ausfag here you sound like a lil bitch
>>
>>760376
Trollingsoftly.jpg
>>
>>761311
>Things that never happened: The Post
>>
File: meatrainbow[1].png (832KB, 650x624px) Image search: [Google]
meatrainbow[1].png
832KB, 650x624px
>>766836

tbf if I lived in Australia I don't think I'd leave the house.
>>
>>767095
I actually believe him, I've had rock salt fire at me. Had a bullet whiz by my head another time.
50 times, maybe an exageration but I think it has happened.
>>
>>767166
Kentucky can be nice but Kentucky can also be mean. These folk won't hesitate to shoot a methhead at distance, but will offer a ride to anybody on the side of the road. Not saying I am a methhead, just a good example of a trespasser around here.
>>
>>766691

That's my point they dress up like fucking clowns in overpriced reflective gear they got at REI and they stick to the trails like glue because their afraid of the environment they supposedly came out to see and even then they treat going outside like it's a heroic death defying stunt because everything in nature is out to get them. The parks in California are filled with litter tossed by noisy trail clowns ether too distracted or too scared to really enjoy nature. Every weekend they come marching to the parks bumbling their clumsy goose step and you have to go at least 10 mi away from any parking just to be clear of the dipshit factor.
>>
>>767154
It sounds like you barely leave the house here at home.
>>
>>766632

>flash floods
check the weather before you go and watch the clouds.

>plague squirrels/hantavirus
Rodents won't go near you unless you offer them food so unless you feed them, molest them, or eat their shit you should't have a problem.

>rabies
don't go near rabid animals

>rangers
You will only find rangers in camp and sometimes on the trail. Their not jerks unless they think your stupid or you treat them like the their your enemy. Just don't get close enough for them to smell the pot on your clothes.

Going outside in california is not going to kill you unless you are very stupid.
>>
>>766632
>>768039
I forgot to mention that you can just spray the rabid animals with your aforementioned idiot spray.
>>
>>761293

It's not just the Scandi's mate, I'm an Ausfag and I do the same.

It's just that the rest of the world isn't as retarded as you Murricans.

Eg.
>How would you walk off a trail? There would be bushes and branches and bramble prickers in the way

Wear some pants, dickhead
>>
>>761310

What, like Vietnam and North Korea?
>>
>>759793

Top left, nignog
>>
>>761311

>The freedom to get shot

kek
>>
>>764470

>Dat monkey handbag

kek
>>
>>764207
I like to live life on the edge.
>>
>>761281
>It's still illegal to brandish a weapon at someone on your own private property.
hehe you just made that up, dipshit :>
>>
>>768037

I go hiking every other week. I follow the trails and take reasonable precautions because every time I go there's always at least one person who fucked up getting rolled down the mountain on a stretcher. 3 people have already died on my regular mountain this year (Baldy). I claimed that the chances of serious injuries are greater when you go off trail in a mountainous area like my own than they are going off trail in a flat wooded area like the kind the Swede was discussing because of the terrain and other reasons I listed, and for this y'all have just decided to call me a pussy. My point was that I can list tons of ways someone can die hiking here, but I can't even imagine how someone would get injured or killed going off-trail in Sweden unless they ran into an angry animal or got hypothermia because they didn't dress warmly enough and got lost.
>>
>>761285
This. Fucking retards all over this country. The same people that cry muh guns are at the same time the advocates for gun control. Fucking salty old faggots too good to speak a word.
>>
>>759777
>777
Shut the fuck up, not everyone has the privilege of rolling a natural 20 for luck
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.