[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sc/out/s what would you do: >be me >set up day hike trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 3332121.jpg (22KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
3332121.jpg
22KB, 460x276px
sc/out/s what would you do:

>be me
>set up day hike trip with coworker
>meet at trailhead, he has his young demon-spawn
whatever.jpg
>just a day hike so I grab my bladder backpack
>I grab my .357 and holster
>see his face
picrelated.jpg
>hand him the gun (I figured fuck it, it is his kid)
>tell him the gun is coming with us, he can carry it if he wants
>tell him that he needs a carry permit
>he doesn't have one and he leaves with his child
>i had a great hike alone
>no animals threatened me, so as a responsible firearm carrier, I did not draw my weapon and fire.

This was last weekend. He has been strange as fuck at work all week. Did I handle this the wrong way?

What would you do?

We were not remote enough to bury two bodies...
>>
>>>/trash/
>>
>>757241
thanks for you input, but this is a serious question.

I moved to a new state and have had trouble making new out friends.

There seem to be few to no out clubs in this area
>>
>>757233

Fuck him, he is clearly retarded. Plenty of police reports of ppl being attacked in the woods, that alone is worth carrying.
>>
>>757233
>showing your firepower
Even I that I'm a nogunz eurofag know that that's wrong.
>>
>>757233
Your thread made me realize that shitposting friday starts tomorrow. Damn, the week went fast af.
>>
I'm English and have no right to judge your actions but I mean... you stood by your beliefs, he stood by his, and that was the end of that.

I think the question is... is this really a problem?
>>
>>757233
> Did I handle this the wrong way?
Obviously. Just because you have a right to carry doesn't mean it's socially appropriate, and if you don't want to be ostracized you have to realize that. You should have either kept it concealed, or left it at home until you figured out how he felt about it (it's not like you actually needed it, as you admit yourself)

>What would you do?
In his shoes I would have done the same thing he did. Even without a kid, if I didn't know you well I'd have left.
>>
>>757233
You shoulda let him pop off a few rounds and he would've been applying for his FOID card later that day.

So who the hell did you hand the gun to? And why did it matter that he didn't have a permit if you carried it? I don't get it.

Maybe you just look like a murderer and he didn't want to be innawoods alone with you when you killed him and raped his kid.
>>
>>757277
Where we were hiking you need to have a carry permit to have a gun for non-hunting purposes.

My state allows open carry but I always choose to CC.

I admit that it was unfortunate that I didn't already have the gun concealed.

>So who the hell did you hand the gun to?
There was a grown man with his 12? year old son. I handed the gun to the grown adult.

I will admit that I would be uneasy with an armed stranger near my offspring. But I was not a stranger.

This is someone I have worked with remotely for years. I recently moved and am now working out of the exact same office.

>Maybe you just look like a murderer and he didn't want to be innawoods alone with you when you killed him and raped his kid.

My wife has said that my innawoods outfit makes me look like the unabomber. You might be onto something, pepsi

Whatever, this fucker is probably just upset that he can't shoot up the office without a gun battle now.
>>
>>757233
So you gave the gun to the kid?
>>
>>757284
no.

see, >>757283
>>
>>757283
Sounds like a pussy. There's a few of my friends who I wouldn't want carrying a gun around near me, but most innawoods types are smart about it. Especially those with a CC, I'm not worried if they show up with a gun. Whatever. If somebody really wants to do damage or make stupid choices that will result in a prison sentence, they don't need a gun.

Must be the unibomber thing. Stop wearing face paint and digital camo to the damn 25 acre forest preserve with paved jogging paths, bathrooms, and trash cans every 100yds.
>>
>>757233
>no animals threatened me

really only 2 options here:
>hiking in area where you can scare away predators with noise and sticks
>hiking in area where a .357 is insufficient to kill anything seriously dangerous

i'm betting the first, because if you really went on hikes with grizzlies and moose you'd know what an appropriate caliber is to carry.

either way you're a fucking retard showoff tryhard.

and this coming from a gun owner who is going to teach his son to use a gun as soon as he can.
>>
>>757430
'yotes and cougars can be dangerous.

Also, crazies.
>>
File: meh.jpg (5KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
5KB, 272x185px
>>757452
bullshit. not with 2 adults and a big kid there. they'll hear you and bug the fuck out. as will black bears and wolves.

>crazies
seen the hills have eyes a couple too many times?
>>
>>757291
OP isn't the guy's friend though, he's some new and possibly psychotic guy from work who showed up for a casual family hike brandishing a handgun. I know you're white trash and your awareness of civilized behavior is limited, but it's how most normal people would react in the same situation.

>>757452
Coyotes are cowards, seems like all I ever see of them is their asses. Cougars can be dangerous sometimes, but they're rare and you'll never see the one that gets you so there's no point in worrying about it.
>>
>>757233
I don't undestand? Were you hiking with Obama and he couldn't carry your gun but had a kid?
>>
>>757233
Whoa, hold on, are you a chick with a gun? Cuz that's really hot if you are.
>>
>>757233
I fully support the right to carry but i think it is extremely important and a common curtesy to keep it concealed at all times. just like you don't like liberals spewing their shit in your face, you shouldn't spew your shit in their face. I don't believe that people who open carry do it for any other reason than to make a political statement. It's not hard to get a concealed permit and if you can't get one, then there's a good chance you probably shouldn't own a gun and open carry it anyways.

Not saying that pertains to you, OP. You said you usually have it concealed which is good. Your only mistake was not being more careful. A lot of people aren't comfortable with guns and gun owners should understand that and conceal their weapons. No need for unnecessary confrontation or attention.
>>
Would you walk up to your co-worker, by the water cooler and say:

>Man, I fucking hate niggers and beaners and I love Trump. Black lives matter is bullshit. Mecca should be nuked five minutes after we paradrop every Muslim that was living in the USA into it.

Because showing a nogunz co-worker that you would take a gun on the trail is the same thing.
>>
>>757493
Does this really apply in a situation where you are with an acquaintance in the woods?
Surely it would be worse to just surprise them when you take out your gun, digging around in your pack for clean undies.
>>
File: lead_large.png (248KB, 615x447px) Image search: [Google]
lead_large.png
248KB, 615x447px
>>757493
>liberals spewing their shit in your face
The United States was explicitly founded on the principles of classical political liberalism, and classical liberalism is the core reason behind the second amendment.
>>
>>757512
>Does this really apply in a situation where you are with an acquaintance in the woods?
It especially applies in a situation like that.

>>757512
>when you take out your gun, digging around in your pack for clean undies.
That's brandishing, not concealing, so don't do that. Keep it in a Maxpedition CC pouch that looks like your toiletry bag.

Alternately "Hey sounds good see you Saturday... by the way just to keep things clear, I always hiked with my gun back home, that wouldn't bother you would it"?
>>
>>757518
I don't think you took my point. What I'm saying is how are these people going to react when they find out you've got a gun and you didn't tell them?
Sure being open and honest is better.

In the open case you're a "gun nut" and in the other "omg he was going to murder me and my kid, in the woods!"
>>
>>757525
>Sure being open and honest is better.
Fair enough. If that's what you meant then I agree, but I wouldn't surprise a potential new hiking partner at the trailhead, I'd discuss it beforehand or just leave the gunz at home (I'm not in grizzly or polar bear territory so animal defense is a bogus excuse).

I was just saying if you're going to be a dickhead and CC anyway, make sure you keep it concealed.
>>
>>757465
You're probably right. Not growing up in a sheltered, upper class household with SJW parents has made me less afraid of most stuff compared to lots of 'Murricans.
>>
>>757233
>I did not draw my weapon and fire.
fucking communist
>>
Why does OP try to hand the handgun to friend? Is gun stolen? Friend was probably right to run.
Trying to understand this thread pretty much makes my head hurt.
>>
Lets look at it from the other guys point of view.
>have casual work friend.
>asks me to go on hike
>why not, seems like ok anon
>my 12 yo wants to go as well. Better to be out hiking with dad then staying in playing vidya
>show up at city park (or state park)
>Work anon is there decked out like WW3 is going down.
>fuck huge dirty harry pistol strapped to side.
>give him look of cringe mixed with disgust
>hands me the gun and says "the gun is coming with us, you can carry it".
>decide this isnt the type of person I want to socialize with.
>>
>>757675
What a giant wuss
>>
>>757577
Nah, you're just low iq trash.
>>
>>757233
Why did you hand the gun to your friend? That's really weird.. I would never randomly hand my gun to somebody I don't know extremely well. The fuck is wrong with you? Enjoy being "the weird guy" at the office from now on.
>>
>>757708
>muh IQ
Funny how liberals whine about how invalid it is as a way of measuring intelligence, yet when it can be used to attack people they don't like it's perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>757510
>leftists actually believe this
>>
>>757637
it seems like OP was trying to show "look its just a gun dont be scared you can hold it/lets shoot around if you want"

seems like a case of well meaning goof. i want to know what the dude the kids excuse was "i uuh need to file my taxes Rightn-now!"
>>
The OP is so poorly worded and autistic it's confusing me

You saw that he wasn't comfortable around guns, so your first instinct is to shove the gun in his hands? I don't understand this at all.
>>
Op, you're pretty bad at language.
>>
>>757735
>>757743
>>757781
OP was probably drunk, and wanted to start a /pol/ tier troll bread trying to trigger liberals, but he came to the wrong board because everyone is actually making their best effort to understand what on earth he really wanted to say.
>>
>>757796
this. dopey opie.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.