[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about women hiking/surviving in the wild/travelling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_nyc6ybElJs1uvjcg2o1_500.jpg (87KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyc6ybElJs1uvjcg2o1_500.jpg
87KB, 500x333px
What do you think about women hiking/surviving in the wild/travelling alone?
>>
If they can do it, good for them.

I met a girl who was traveling the world and had gone from South America to Asia, the Middle East, and Africa by herself and was planning on going to Europe afterwards while working in Africa. She was pretty bad ass.
>>
>>756889
>in the wild
as in, out of the kitchen?
>>
>>756891
Meanwhile, the girl who I was working for was a lazy, unintelligent, unadventurous grad student who clearly needed her hand held as I ended up doing most of her project for her.
>>
>>756896
Don't be such a beta; she can't be that unintelligent if she was able to manipulate you into doing all her work for her.

>>756889
I think it's cool. I met a woman who was recently single and doing the penine way; 200+ mile hike right up to Scotland from down south. I would of stayed to chat more but I wasn't camping out and me and my friend had a bit further to hike. If I were camping I probably would of tried to chat her up for a few hours and get all up in her guts.
>>
>>756895
>out of the kitchen
I think he means in the grocery store.
>>
>>756889
It's not something I'd want my sister to do. If you're in an area visited or inhabited by white trash, I don't think it's a good idea to be alone no matter who you are, but particularly if you're female.
>>
>>756924
That's because I liked doing the work (I got to trounce around the African bush and get paid for it) and needed good data for my project that I was doing on the side.

Also, getting out on the field was my respite from her. It was quite peaceful out there and I got to see a shit ton of wildlife.
>>
>>756889
I've seen plenty. Nothing special desu. I'm not impressed.
>>
>>756889
Eh, I think it's cool when anyone does some serious hiking / traveling / adventuring to be honest. Unless they're one of those new-age hippie nutters, I can't stand those people.
>>
>>756889
I just thru hiked the Appalachian trail
Lots of women out there
not ONCE did I see one start a fire
>>
>>756895
That's so funny, you see, because women are supposed to be in the kitchen cooking

Good one
>>
There is no such thing. Stop dreaming. Hiking/surviving in the wild/travelling alone = shopping for shoes/staying with negro bfs parents and feeling extravagant.
>>
File: 1456490524860.jpg (1MB, 1840x3820px) Image search: [Google]
1456490524860.jpg
1MB, 1840x3820px
Wow, quite a few posts before the shitposters arrived.
>>
friend goes solo a lot. no graping

i do a lot of solo hikes and get asked why i am alone often. i am also a tranny so i have man bones to conquer climbs and hills.

most women i see hiking are soccer mom trails or hispter going to 2km instragram waterfalls

i rarely see women hiking alone on big ass trails; normally couples
>>
>>756889
Well I would suggest taking a gun (if american) or a taser or something with you. There are a lot of creeps out there.
>>
>>757748
>i am also a tranny so i have man bones to conquer climbs and hills
So you are a man
>>
>>757755
yee, but i leave the impression. which is why people question hiking in mountain rape village.
>>
>>756889
I care about as much as men doing the same thing.
>>
Anyone who actually hikes/climbs/etc. here knows many women who do this already. It's just a thing. People do it. Some of those people are women.
>>
>>757886
Like maybe 2-5%
I'm sure it's higher in some areas and lower in others but overall it is not a large percentage. Womens just don't like the lack of creature comforts.
>>
>>756960
I think he understood the joke considering he said it
>>
>>756924

If it was "would of" then the contraction would be "would'f".

Would've = would HAVE
>>
>attractive women
>being independent
>doing something difficult independently

This does not happen.
>>
This
>>
>>758354
hadderuv=had to have
>>
>>759787
I just lol'd and cringed.

That cut is so deep I can only imagine how much it bled afterward. Did she get disqualified or quit immediately after?
>>
>>759791
She taped out/quit/pushed the button. I'm not really sure what they called it but yes.
>>
>>759787

oops lol
>>
>>759787
I did that same thing once with a full sized axe. blade bounced off the bone.
>>
>>759787
That really looks like the fakest shit ever.

Also:
>Axe gash
>>
>>756889
Gender shouldn't be a factor. At the end of the day, if you enjoy the outdoors, you enjoy the outdoors. Some people are built for it, some are not. It goes both ways. I absolutely can't stand the awful pink garbage tailored to women, or women demanding special treatment or accommodations based solely on their gender. Conversely, I know grown ass men who are absolute pansies when innawoods. It just depends on the person.
>>
>>758241
>not understanding sarcasm
>>
File: bill-cosby-face.jpg (58KB, 1000x530px) Image search: [Google]
bill-cosby-face.jpg
58KB, 1000x530px
>>756889
>Women
>In the wild
>Alone
Oh boy!
>>
>>756889
Women survive in the wild/travel alone only 'cause I let them.
>raep
>>
>>756931
This. I was raised innawoods, been camping and backpacking my whole life. The only thing I'm ever concerned about when I'm out is other people. Recently did a little 3 day trip and one of the nights I set up camp about a quarter mile from a fire road. Listened to BillyBob and his friends tearing up the road in their jacked up truck. Not the most comforting sounds.

>>756956
Saw an unfortunate surge of women thinking they can do a thru-hike or similar without taking the time to learn the fundamentals after that awful Reese Witherspoon adaptation of "Wild" came out. Women who legitimately know what they're doing is fine, but those who think that their brand new expensive gear and their "super strong woman will" are the absolute bane of my existence.
>>
>>759787

Every time that loops I think of a different way that could have been done without danger

>Literally millions of ways
>>
>>760065
>I know grown ass men who are absolute pansies

Tried to take my ex camping. He wanted to bring half the house with him, then laze about the campground playing vidya gaems on his phone/ipod. Like pulling teeth to get him to hike with me. He got dumped. Dated a city boy for a few weeks, I took him to a local state park where people walk their fucking dogs. He got spooped so I started teasing him about bears and shit. Like nigger you walk around a city full of niggers and you're scared of midget blackbears? Also dumped him.

There are plenty of pansies, both genders.

>>759787

Found the girl who doesn't coo/ck/. Knife (or axe) points AWAY from you, dumbshit. Clear your hands. First fucking kitchen lesson... All this damn college education now and kids can't use a fucking bladed instrument without maiming themselves.
>>
>>760426
Yes. So much yes. Going through that with my long-term boyfriend. He loves to talk about how rugged and outdoorsy he is because he lurks on /k/. Camping (like, car camping) he takes everything but the kitchen sink and still ends up sleeping in the car, and hiking he comes so ill prepared it's alarming.
>>
>>759787

To be honest, I've done this myself, shit fucking sucks.
>>
>>760426
>>760440
We got some forest whores here boys
>>
>>761012
>banjos internally
>>
>>759787
oh man I've dodged so many bullets on things like this. I always notice RIGHT as something's about to go horribly wrong.

>>759761
I'm sure it does. I only know like a few dozen people and only a fraction of them intimately enough to know what they do with their spare time -- that said, growing up as an attractive woman doesn't seem to set you up as an independent self-starter for the most part. But of course this is a 'lol women suck' thread so there's that.
>>
>>759787
Why?
Fire is already going, and there is already plenty of wood already split behind the fireplace.
I am guessing starvation and/or lack of sleep has a part in this?
No one that have any type of experience with edged tools would fuck up this badly otherwise.
>>
>>763847

yeah my guess would have to be fatigue, or a staged attempt to get out of the game with pride intact.

No need to split the wood in the first place, but she chooses the worst possible way to do it and tries to place the end of the wood on the curve of a log.

>jackiechanwat.jpg
>>
>>759787
so what is the proper way dum-dum?
>>
>>764305

Why does she need to split it at all? There are already pieces of wood on the fire as big as that.
>>
>>764305

sissy stick.

It comes down to one thing: THINKING.

Before you swing your axe, slice your knife, or whatever you have to THINK about the direction of travel of the blade, the arc of motion or whatever you want to call it. If you're not in the way of where the blade is going you're not going to get hurt.
>>
>>759791
She cut a tendon or something, couldn't use her thumb. Pretty much no choice but to bail. The full video is actually kinda alarming. The blood loss didn't seem significant, but she started going into shock and shaking and stuff.
>>
>>756889
Most loners have serious attitude (either too hostile toward or too much of a burden on the people around them) problems that make stable/lasting relationships impossible to have. Women loners are the same as male loners in this respect.
>>
>>764293
That's what happens when you learn muh survival skillz from a bushcrafter/prepper/shtf/bob

>>764349
Confirmed for never have being actually out for more than two days. You brain stops functioning the way it does at your desktop in one day without sugar. So you don't chop things if you are deprived of food for two days.

>>764883
If you cut a tendon you are basically done, true thart. You'll last a couple weeks tops if you have water and food with you.

The thing with you niggers is that you place a lot, if not all, of your chips in memes.

If you really want to learn how to go and get out safe out of the outdoors you should join a mountaineer club or school. This type of thing is just 101.
>>
>>764305
Either not splitting it at all since she already have firewood piled behind her and the fire is already going pretty good., or use her knife and baton if she for some reason absolutely have to split that little stick.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.