[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: crazy trips you would do if money/time were no object I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Fall05-LongsPeakCU_JPG_RSZ_md.jpg (155KB, 1300x973px) Image search: [Google]
Fall05-LongsPeakCU_JPG_RSZ_md.jpg
155KB, 1300x973px
ITT: crazy trips you would do if money/time were no object

I'll start: kayaking from my Chicago suburb, down the DuPage, into the Mississippi, hugging the central American coast and going through the Panama canal, then going south until I reach Tierra del Fuego.
>>
File: 1323018148786.jpg (95KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1323018148786.jpg
95KB, 500x600px
>start in Spain or Portugal
>get a bunch of carpenters together and put together a period accurate caravel replica
>sail across the ocean
>land in northern Brazil and hike into the remote jungle, looking for uncontacted tribes
>if we find them, convert them to Roman Catholicism, with the help of thunder sticks if necessary
>>
>>754528
Have I found a fellow Portuboo?
>>
>>754530
No, but I'd rather play conquistador and fuck with tribals than play Viking and fuck with NATO
>>
>>754478
Kayaking from Chicago to Panama? You fucking madman. That sounds absolutely terrible
>>
>>754535

But to answer your question, it would be to sail to just about every major port city in the Oceans and Medditeranian Sea in a 30'+ JFK looking sailboat with qt and or some good mates.

>banter during the day, sunbathing and fishing, perhaps art to pass the time
>banter and partying during the night, card games and stargazing until hitting the next port

my dream
>>
>>754535
Even further, all the way to Argentina. It seems like it would be a pain in the ass but also kinda fun. There are always movies about long endurance things like this at the Banff Film Festival. One year these guys skied from the Antarctic coast to the South Pole, and this year there was one about guys who rode mustangs from Mexico to Canada.

I got the idea from this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Speck
>>
I heard this a long time ago, so this may be complete bullshit.

There used to be a Soviet research base in the most isolated part of Antarctica, thousands of miles from the nearest coastline.

In the 70s, they decided not to continue the program, so they left one year and simply didn't come back the next.

So you have a base, about as far away from any human being that you can possibly be anywhere on the earth's surface, that's still decorated for the Brezhnev era Soviet Union, with bronze Lenin statues and everything.

Somebody, it isn't known who, left a nice little sign in sheet for the few people who manage to make it hundreds of miles overland in the worst terrain on earth to visit the station.

Needless to say, I'd be all over that shit.
>>
>>754478
you 847?

That sounds awesome.
>>
>>754661
Dirty six thirty. I honestly don't know too much about the local waterways, most of my paddling experience is some trips down the Current River in High School. Kinda looking into getting a kayak with my REI employee discount since I have no /out/ hobbies after moving back here from Colorado.
>>
File: KTM-990Adventure.jpg (308KB, 2000x1687px) Image search: [Google]
KTM-990Adventure.jpg
308KB, 2000x1687px
RTW on something like >pic related.

>Europe
>Middle East
>Ukraine, Russia
>Kazakhstan, Mongolia

then head down to
>Aus, NZ

from there maybe
>Chile, Brazil

Riding US/Canada's doable; we'll see where life goes in the next 20-30 years.
>>
>>754684
How would you cross oceans? On freighters?
>>
>>754661
>847
Get out of there while you still can.
>>
>>754530
What about an actual Portubro?
>>
I eat ass I eat a lot of ass if it was a ass eating competition I would win cause I eat the whole ass
>>
>>754738
I know we have at least one of them on this board. One gave me advice about Serra da Estrela since I might take my Portuguese gf climbing there.
>>
>>754751
Why?!?

Also
>blue board
>>
>>754729
What's wrong with 847? Northshore life is the comfy life.
>>
>>754757
Boring as fuck. So glad I left. I mean if I had kids and didn't care about enjoying life anymore, I guess it would be ok. But I can't stand being up there anymore. I always want to come back to FL after like 2 days.
>>
>>754752
Ahah it was me.
>>
>>754725
Probably crate the bike and ship it while I catch a plane.

When you pull off the rear wheel/swing arm, front wheel/forks, and handlebars, motorcycles compact pretty well.
>>
>>754773
haha pensei temos só uns poucos portugueses neste board.
>>
Ski across the Scandinavian Peninsula from the west coast of Norway to the east coast of Sweden
>>
Longs peak is the most mesmerizing mountain I've ever seen. That is all
>>
>>754478
Hike from Oslo to Rome. With planned stops to get new supplies, avoiding civilization as much as possible.
>>
>>754810
It was the first mountain I climbed. Did it when I was 17 back in 2012. I've been hooked ever since.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.