[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /out/ think of Primitive Technology? I've see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

What does /out/ think of Primitive Technology? I've seen many of his videos so far. He's built some pretty amazing things and he does it all with mud, rocks, and sticks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey68uVUuyvs
>>
based
>>
>>752098
Man really? 2 threads?
>>
his work ethic is a true rarity
>>
>>752098
>>752101
>>752223

samefag piece of shit
>>
>>752240
its funny because its pretty obvious you are OP stealth bumping his thread. saged
>>
>>752098
That man turned me gay after watching three of his videos.

Never had a gay thought in my life, in fact I'm considered a ladies man really... but I would straight blow that dude.
>>
>>752288
wtf. Stop recruiting, take it to /lgbt/.
>>
>White guy goes innawoods
>Few years later, he has singlehandedly built the sort of homes vikings lived in
>Africans, many centuries after contact with whites, have nothing more advanced than mud huts which wasn't designed for them by whites
>>
>>752319
I'm not OP or associated with the champion of men who does the videos but I can't deny the effect they have on me.

HAVE YOU EVEN WATCHED THESE MOTHER FUCKERS?!
>>
File: 1410897505039.jpg (142KB, 680x543px) Image search: [Google]
1410897505039.jpg
142KB, 680x543px
>Need a house?
Make it.
>Need a bed?
Make it.
>Need pots to carry water in?
Make 'em.
>Need fucking clothes made out of tree bark?
WEAVE MOTHERFUCKER WEAVEEEEEE

He's great, tho.
>>
>>752325
>Let's just deny what happened BEFORE and shoehorn racism.
I mean, there are LEGITIMATE reasons to be racist. You're a shit.
>>
>>752359

I forgot the Africa was a Star Trek style techno utopia before the white man showed up and ruined it

Or did we go back in time and sabotage them even earlier? There's just no other possible explanation for why we had ships, compasses, clocks, gunpowder, etc. and they had sticks, huts and fire when we first encountered one another
>>
>>752362
You ignored my point and ploughed right through.
>>
>>752362
>we had ships, compasses, clocks, gunpowder, etc
kinda ironic since all of those were invented by the Chinese.
>>
>>752366
>the chinese invented ships
>>
>>752371
the ones Europe was using between 1500 and 1700 are built exactly like the Chinese seagoing junks, right down to the offset masts.

It's no accident European technology took off right after trade routes to china were found. Chinese stuff was trickling in by way of the Muslims well before that though.
>>
I'm going to go to Queensland and kick his hut down. It would be like kicking 100 cairns.
>>
>>752325
To be fair Africa is probably like a pvp Minecraft server irl, right?
Build something nicer and some dude will come along and grief it.
>>
>>752377
They were probably a lot like the Native Americans. The didn't have the resources or the need for Asian or European technology.

their biggest problem came from not inventing writing though. Our technology then and now didn't come from everyone being super smart. It came from one smart person improving something and then writing it down for other people to learn and build on. We have the Babylonians, Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans to thank for that. China was doing the same thing much earlier, but they hit a stopping point in how far they could go with it while most Europeans were still living in mud huts and hunting with spears.
>>
>>752371
>>
Where can I find info on building like he is? I want to try setting up a fishcamp with that style
>>
>>752098
B A S E D
>>
>>752375
It's not a proper junk rig without the stiffening spars in the sails.

Besides, the ocean-going caravel is a European invention and it's the entire reason that whitey was able to find sea routes to the east in the first place.
>>
>>754624
He has a wordpress with most of the details of his projects.

https://primitivetechnology.wordpress.com/about/
>>
>>752380
>it's big therefore it's good
The european ship is built for function, the Chinese one is a work of art but is built to show off power of the government and couldn't have survived rough seas. Also the Greeks had a ship bigger than that.
>>
>>754673
You're retarded. You know nothing about ships. This Chinese ship could easily ram into any European ship and sink it. The Greeks never even built ships.
>>
>>754683
You can do better
>>
>>754683
>You're retarded.
>The Greeks never even built ships.
>>
>>754857
They didn't. The vast majority of Greek technology was passed down to them by the Romans.

Are by any chance an American?
>>
>>754866
you must be shrooming
>battle of salamis
>naval battle greeks vs. persians
>480 BC
>rome basically didn't even exist yet
shroomer!
>>
>>754869
>battle of salamis
Sounds like the average argument on 4chan.
>>
File: hi_five_meh.png (20KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
hi_five_meh.png
20KB, 493x402px
>>754870
hoho top keks
>>
>>754866
Athens used war ships to great effect in the Peloponnesian war in 400 bc, Those ships gave them the edge--force multipliers that allowed their weaker soldiers to outmaneuver the Spartans. Thucydides wrote about it.

Yes I am American.
>>
>>754744
But he doesnt need to
>>
>>752375
Are you trying to suggest European shipbuilding was anything like Chinese shipbuilding?
>>
>>752379
>The didn't have the resources or the need for Asian or European technology.

The continent is filled with animals, plants and all manner of mineral wealth.

>Our technology then and now didn't come from everyone being super smart.

East Asians and whites are significantly more intelligent than sub-Saharan Africans. Their average IQ is like 20 points below that of whites.

What did for us is a harsh winter killing everyone too dumb to work out how to survive it.
>>
>>752380
Building those Chinese treasure fleets absolutely destroyed their forests.
>>
>>752380
>one ship made for travailing unexplored waters with dubious winds
>the other for sitting its fat ass outside of ports for the sole mission of looking impressive
every time I see the treasure fleet size comparison i die a little.
>>
>>754975
It was basically the same thing.
>>
File: 34843283.jpg (167KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
34843283.jpg
167KB, 1024x576px
Within 20 posts this became a thread about European/Chinese cultural and technological superiority.

Has anybody ITT tried to build a house from stone? Anybody have good resources on thatching?
>>
>>755079
How the hell do you even build a house out of stone like that without it just falling apart?
>>
>>755052
>every time I see the treasure fleet size comparison i die a little.

Have you tried not be a pussy little bitch? Have you?
>>
>>755521
>How the hell do you even build a house out of stone like that without it just falling apart?
The stones fit together perfectly.

You select somewhat square stones in the first place to make your life easier. You chop each stone into shape individually with a hammer while building the wall. You can use the chopped off parts as filler material to keep the stones from wiggling around.

Needs a lot of skill to build something like your pic. Most dry stone walls aren't that pretty.
>>
>>752359
>>
>>752375
Europe had ships in the 700's and earlier. don't get so but hurt just because muslims and blacks are savage cave people.
>>
>>755521
in ireland they use a mixture of sand and lime to create a cement like mixture. extreme craftsmanship and hard work
>>
>>752325
Yeah it's so hard to build a mud hut when you already have access to the knowledge, food, shelter and healthcare

It's almost like the vikings and africans had much more shit to deal with
>>
>>756163
and in england they use a mixture of irishmen and scots :3
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.