[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ approved state? >i am moving this summer, where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 48

File: us-map10.png (507KB, 2000x1237px) Image search: [Google]
us-map10.png
507KB, 2000x1237px
/out/ approved state?
>i am moving this summer, where should i settle?
>>
>>747944

What do you like to do /out/? What kind of weather do you really hate being /out/ in?
>>
File: Blank_map_of_the_United_States.png (56KB, 1512x1116px) Image search: [Google]
Blank_map_of_the_United_States.png
56KB, 1512x1116px
>>
>>748031
I agree with this
Would love to do the PCT
>>
File: 336239-svetik.jpg (3MB, 3264x2164px) Image search: [Google]
336239-svetik.jpg
3MB, 3264x2164px
>>748031
>Nevada orange
>not god tier

Nevada's a fucking great /out/ state.
Pic related
>>
>>748211
a) that's arizona
b) nevada is a one trick pony: great if you like rolling rocky desert, less great if you don't.
>>
>>748217
>Nevada
>one-trick pony
Northern Nevada is pretty fantastic, man.
Especially since there's no cactus up here.
>>
>>748228
and parts of idaho and new mexico are also pretty fantastic, just not as fabtastic as the highlights the states in the three higher tiers offer.

tier 4 is still "good", it's just not god-, amazing- or great-tier.
>>
File: Knife Lake BWCA Sunset.jpg (59KB, 855x570px) Image search: [Google]
Knife Lake BWCA Sunset.jpg
59KB, 855x570px
>>748031
Minnesota/Wisconsin red? I guess if you don't like being outside...
>>
File: image.jpg (6KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 125x125px
>mfw the Appalachians are red
>>
File: Lake_Tahoe_NV.jpg (77KB, 640x480px)
Lake_Tahoe_NV.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
Nevada native here
I really love the scenery, and the geocaching is fucking amazing.
I've been to only 8 other states in my life. the only one I can really say competes is West Virginia. I've heard Virginia is the most sought after retirement state due to its beauty. pic related is lake tahoe, NV/CA
>>
File: 1401225467464.jpg (719KB, 2079x1560px)
1401225467464.jpg
719KB, 2079x1560px
>>748245
>le ebin appalachians maymay

nigga, great smokey mountains or shenendoah would barely make it as a state park out west. rocky mountain np, for comparison
>>
>>748245
West coast best coast. Sorry familia, thought everyone knew.
>>
>>748237
>thinking spending 10 months of the year sawing through 4 feet of ice to pretend to fish and drink molson is the pinnacle of /out/
>mfw

willfully retarded, or just that limited?
>>
>>748271
>pretending that all the best parts of California (the sierra nevada/cascade ranges) aren't snow-logged for longer than Wisconsin.
>>
>>748031
People and politicians ruin California. It has beautiful land and weather, but the neglect shown makes me tearful.
>>
>>748321
>pretending that winter in the sierra isn't a playground of snowboarding, downhill skiing, xc skiing, snowshoeing, ice climbing and mixed winter mountaineering
>pretending that when a small part of california is snowy we don't still have the ocean, coastal mountains and forests, and deserts to play in.

what else ya got, ya flatland, midwest faggot?
>>
I've traveled to all lower 48 states for some reason or another. Most have been vacation or /out/.

>Best /out states I've been to
Washington State
Montana
Michigan
Minnesota
Maine

Really anywhere in the northwest is great. Lots of mountains and forests with a low population. Michigan/Minnesota is also great because of all the lakes. I love fishing there. Maine was special to me primarily because it was my first time traveling alone.

>Worst /out/ states I've been to
California
Texas
Virginia
Tennessee

California is a beautiful state but complete shit. The liberal gun laws, the neglect of taking care of the forests, etc. Texas has hardly any public land. When I lived there, I had to find somebody with private land and pay them to hunt/camp. I was raised in Virginia and there ain't jack fucking shit here to do besides fish in the big rivers. While I love catfishing in the James, it can get old after awhile. We got public forests on the west side but the AT runs through it so it's always littered and trashy. Tennessee just has shitty people. I can't fucking stand them retarded rednecks.
>>
>>748237
fuck out of here with you nomountainz
>>
>>748327
>>748553
i love it when retards use "people" or "politics" as a desperate excuse to disparage california's /out/ because they know there's really no legitimate argument that any other state even comes close.

>neglect of taking care of the forests
what the fuck does that even mean? wait, let me guess: you went to the most popular part of yosemite at the most popular time of year then were pissed that other people were there too.
>>
>>748228
>Nevada isn't a one-trick pony
>posts a photo of California
Is the best part of Nevada is being able to look at California?
>>
>>748606
Lake Tahoe is in both California and Nevada.
>>
File: pick1.png (3MB, 1427x735px)
pick1.png
3MB, 1427x735px
>>748716
Yeah, but that photo is facing the California side. Just look at the map to see how deceptive this photo is as an example of Nevada.
>>
>>748031
>Marking North Carolina as red
Please stop, you're triggering me.
>>
>>748565
>he can't accept that he lives in Northern Mexico aka SJWland
>>
File: move.gif (2MB, 400x247px)
move.gif
2MB, 400x247px
>>747944
>settle?

why not just travel around?
>>
Not Indiana..
>>
>>748031
Fairly accurate, and I've been to most states
This map is the key to how /out/ you can go
>>
>>750624
superior version
>>
>>750624
Gov't lands, does not include state lands. Your map isn't close to accurate as to /out/ areas/states.

Also, just because it's federal land also does not mean it is public use land.

And, there is a reason for all that red in the west. It's fucking desert.
>>
>>748809
>going /out/ isn't the easiest way to get away from either of those populations.

pic related it what smug sjws pretend like is /out/ and mexicans are either too busy working shit jobs or being in gangs to go /out/.
>>
>>748031
Wisconsin shit?!
>>
>>750652
>That fucking light pollution

Jesus christ looks like a nuclear apocalypse, I need my dark nights
>>
>>748031
>Nevada
>Orange

This faggot doesn't know about the Ruby Mountains or our half of Lake Tahoe.

Poor babby probably basing everything off a single visit to Vegas when he was twelve and his dad got drunk and touched him.
>>
As a Dutchie with no experience/knowledge of America's geography I'd say Montana because it's a beautiful name I think.
Also it's borders Canada which is really /out/.
>>
>>748805
I am also trig'd
the Cape Fear tributaries almost killed those N.C. boys i 'mire. Ranch and Ink? Rock and Lake? Rhott and Lungk? Hmm
>>
>>748606
Saying the only pretty part of NV is Tahoe
>Implying I will tell you the best parts of NV
>>
>>748031
how is Wyoming not god tier? I guess it does suck having this as my back yard.
>>
>>751347
But that's not your backyard, that's a stock image, your backyard overlooks another Laramie townhouse
>>
>>748031
I didn't know people still trolled /out/
>>
>>748031

Literally the worst post in the history of 4chan.
>>
Pac Coast NW is good
West is cool to visit
Mountain region cool to visit takes too damn long to get anywhere
Midwest flat blows
TX to SW blows for the most part/desert
SE blows
Redneck mountains/appalachia is pretty decent
NE is pretty decent especially NewVerMaine region. Probably the best region imho as you can travel around it easily and get damn near anywhere in less than 6 hours but still not see anyone for weeks if you're /out/
>>
>>748031

Utah is solid god tier. Fuck off, faggot
>>
>>751389
I'm on the opposite side of the state. fuck Laramie.
>>
>>751692
>no ocean
>solid god tier

nice try, joseph smith
>>
>>751752
>nice try
bb-but more men
>>
>>748031
>Montana
>not god tier
There goes your credibility
>>
>>748031
>maine
>shit tier

fuck right off, my guy
>>
>>751798
see >>751752
>>
/out/ , I want to go /out/ in Georgia. Any Georgians here that can attest to its wilderness? Looks like a beautiful spot.

Im from Eastern Canada btw
>>
>>751815
Who gives a fuck about the ocean. All the ocean does is rust your car.
>>
>>751815
Lakes are better than the ocean
>>
File: that is correct.jpg (67KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
that is correct.jpg
67KB, 560x415px
>>751936
>>751938
"what are 'lies landlocked faggots tell themselves' alex?"
>>
>>748031
PA's not shit tier, I mean it could be better, but it's far from shit.
>>
>>748031
>Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah....3rd tier
>New Mexico....4th tier

I'm fucking rustled.
>>
>>751752
the Atlantic, the Great Lakes and the Gulf are more /out/.

the Pacific is cold and rough.
>>
>>752011
PA isn't so bad apart from the fact that it's filled with pennsylvanians.
>>
File: DSC_0096.jpg (36KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0096.jpg
36KB, 426x640px
>>751648
>SW blows for the most part/desert

you sir are a god-damn disgrace to /out/.
>>
File: w144-overall-KyleMcBurnie.jpg (408KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
w144-overall-KyleMcBurnie.jpg
408KB, 800x600px
>>752021
>rough is bad

pacific has better surfing, better sea kayaking, better tropical reefs, better cold water reefs, better coastlines... but please, tell me more about how your flat, shallow, murky, waveless coasts are more /out/.
>>
File: feel stupid.jpg (50KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
feel stupid.jpg
50KB, 600x508px
>>747944
avoid Arizona. it's full of gunfags, trumpfags and idiot....oops redundancy
>>
>>752026
I will absolutely give you the Slot Canyons are the shit.
>>
>>752029
>Arizona
Northern AZ is god tier but Phoenix and the valley in general
>meth heads
>drunk navajos
>crazy apaches
>right wing lunatics
>summers=so we herd u liek hell?

yeah fuck that place
>>
>>752028
Yeah, it sucks being me...

disclaimer, pic not mine but I've got a closet full of chromes just like it.
>>
File: Main-Big-Sur_1.jpg (61KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
Main-Big-Sur_1.jpg
61KB, 620x413px
>>752050
a challenger appears. and this doesn't even qualify as a national park on my side. unlike your quarter mile of tidepools.
>>
>>752055
I am literally 40 minutes from big sur and try and get down there as much as possible. Sikes is really cool if you go during the off season (read: during finals week). But seriously, this area alone outclass most other coastal /out/ areas. Stay bitter square states.
>>
Any minnesotans here? just moved to the twin cities and am settled enough to start looking for an /out/ hobby.

Fishing, kayaking, hiking, and canoeing are the obvious choices.
>>
>>752055
>quarter mile of tidepools
made me chuckle. You've obviously never been on the Maine coast.

So what you're saying is that 3 miles of your coastline that you actually use is greater than 3 miles of mine.
Big Sur is great but the fact is you can only use so much of it.
Net net is I've done both and will take Down East every day every time.
>>
>>752029
no
>>
ITT: anons not appreciating variety.

I love my home state of Minnesota. 3 major biomes meet and with only a few hours of driving you can see an incredibly large variety of fauna.

That being said I won't shit over someone elses state... if you can't see the good in something you have a problem. I want to see it all.
>>
>>752102
what you apparently don't get is that practically the entice pacific coast from tierra del fuego to the bering straight is stunning, unlike the marshes and mudflats that make up 99%+ of the atlantic coast. so what i'm saying is that nearly any 3 mile stretch my 13000 miles of coast is better than your 3 miles of highlight..
>>
>>752165
Fortunately your mind isn't your parachute. It certainly isn't open.
Again, I've vacationed and lived on both coasts. I'll take Down East every time.
>>
>>752169
hoopty-fuckin-doo. i've been all over both coasts, too. west wins every metric to every realistic person who's not a retard contrarian on a hopi petroglyph smoke signal board.

and that doesn't even start to scratch the surface of our mountains, forests, deserts...
>>
>>752174
And the ignorant West Coast assholes are why I left. Thank you for reminding me.
Stay out there in your wonderland. I never said it wasn't great. I just know my preferences.
>>
>>752025
Fair enough
>>
>>748031
Delete this
>>
>>752091
Learn to canoe, and then go to the boundary waters.
>>
Considering moving to Colorado, for gardening purposes. Can peach trees get huge in Colorado? I want to brew peach-flavored beer.

Also: how about jalapeños? I want to grill those by the hundreds.
>>
>>753363
>inb4 STAY OUT
After the past few years, CO natives aren't exactly welcoming to all the new people. You can imagine the shitheads they are getting for the legal weed.
>>
File: 1458692423528.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1458692423528.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
>>753364
I'm an economic migrant yeah; I fought communism until the brutal end but it's already ogre.

Mainly I want to have large grillfests with a mountain of peppers and kegs of beer. Senile baby boomer, half retired / half self-employed doing obsolete things. Currently retraining to make virtual reality videogames and build a motion capture + sound recording studio with Uncle Sam's dole. Would prefer to not have everybody be drunk and stoned at the same time because then the whole town would develop a reputation for public mass naptimes. But that said, I'm also an enthusiastic beer brewer.
>>
>>748805
yup.

world class white water
awesome backpacking
wonderful weather
plenty of enjoyable climbing

I like my NC

>>750633
truth, but all /out/ does is give CA a bj in every thread anyway. I like cali, but fuck if i would live there.
>>
>>753469
Californa's brick clay is difficult but possible to work - doing a large amount of it this month. You fill a very shallow pit with water, wait 12 hours, then pry out some flakes of brick to make the pit another three inches deeper - rinse and repeat. The flakes of hardened clay do not erode when blasted from a garden hose with a jet nozzle.

If you're a beefy big man with limitless stamina, then the soil can be reconditioned to a foot deep of amended soil with lots of rocks on top for drought tolerance. You don't even need a 'drought,' just six solid months of being the sun's anvil. If you mix in enough real dirt, then you can grow large amounts of fruits and vegetables in plants that will stay healthy and put out fruit for years. My long term goal before this house gets sold is to have it easy to maintain and summer-resistant, capable of feeding either a large herd of grandchildren or several large parties.

I also like making booze, so I hope to have large yields of varied fruits which can be pressed for sugary juice.
>>
>>752091

Kayak down the Mississippi to New Orleans.
>>
>>748211
>Nevada's a fucking great /out/ state.

posts photo of Grand Canyon
>>
>>751803
>>maine
>>shit tier

Compared to any state out West...yeah, it is.
>>
>>753678
Of course it is... I want to be you when I grow up.
>>
File: PistolGrenades.jpg (25KB, 500x375px)
PistolGrenades.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>748565
Maybe I just want to carry a good fucking gun when I'm /out/. And maybe I can't fucking do that in California, no matter how pretty it is.

Pic satirically related while still making my point.
>>
Maine
>>
>>748031
Hahahahahaha Michigan is at least 2. The upper peninsula and northern of the lower Michigan is absolutely beautiful with great hunting and fishing. Florida also has some of the best fishing in the untited states. California is autism tier full of gangs, blacks, Mexicans, terrorist, and all the leaders are nazis. Gun ownership is becoming harder and harder and the harder hiking areas are some of the easiest I have been on. I took the b8
>>
File: corrected.jpg (265KB, 1512x1116px) Image search: [Google]
corrected.jpg
265KB, 1512x1116px
>>748031
i fixed your map
>>
I want to try and live in some backwoods for a summer and do some primitive living. Try some gardening and do some fishing. Where should I go?
>>
>>754495
>northern Maine is shit
>northern Maine is the part where nobody fucking lives
>>
File: outstate.jpg (393KB, 1194x859px)
outstate.jpg
393KB, 1194x859px
deciduous forest beats sand, ice, and scrub
>>
>>754559
This is a far better map than any previously posted. +++1
>>
>>754524
To be fair I know almost nothing about the very NE. I just knew I had to fix it from that ignorant Cali-fag.
>>
>>754495
nevada is still too low desu
>>
>>747944
Colorado is pretty nice
>>
>>754559

thanks for that map
>>
>>752029
>he would rather have Shillary as president
You hate freedom, son?
>>
>>751692
I agree with this guy. Zion, Canyonlands, Arches, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, Desolation. What more could you want?

I would say

God: Utah, Montana, Wyoming
High: Alaska, Idaho, Arizona, California, Washington, Hawaii, Oregon, Colorado
Mid: Maine, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nevada
Low: West Virginia, North Carolina
Bottom: The Rest
>>
>>756064
>Utah, Montana, Wyoming
>Idaho, Arizona, Colorado
>Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nevada
>West Virginia

Can I have places with no ocean that don't even qualify for 1000 Alex?
>>
>>754676
>>747944

Don't move here. We don't want you.
>>
>>748271
>I will never know the beauty and solitude of the boundary waters in winter
You're missing out.
>>
>>756064
West Virginia has world-class White water, MTB, and rock climbing
Some of the steepest, most rugged terrain in the country.
Huge biodiversity that makes for great hunting and foraging.
It is also the only state that is completely mountainous.

Dont rate it so low till you try it!
>>
File: 1462041385499.jpg (7KB, 540x556px) Image search: [Google]
1462041385499.jpg
7KB, 540x556px
Hello fellow /out/ers
I am from Scotland and recently made a bit of money on the oil rigs. I really enjoy hiking bivvying, bushcraft and canoeing in the hill lochs.
I want to travel to North America to blow my wages traveling about by Van and doing as much /out stuff as I can.
Can you recommend a state/ part of America/ Canada where I would be best situated to learn more about canoeing, bushcraft and how to build log cabins? I was considering alaska or possibly Pacific North West.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
>>
>>756338
I'd recommend Minnesota. Lots of lakes, sparse communities and a good deal of space. Northern NH, Maine, and Vermont are good too
>>
File: 1459801017517.jpg (728KB, 1247x812px)
1459801017517.jpg
728KB, 1247x812px
>>751389
Tell us about the apaches m8...
>>
>>748565
it means we have developed the US enough to the point that natural communities are too fragmented to take care of themselves. They require management. Often this management is not very intensive but still it is maintained.
>>
>>748264
I came
>>
>>748271
Your right ice fishing sucks, if your a pussy. Problem solved, you are a pussy. I will keep enjoying it for myself.
>>
>>752102
Mainefags ftw
>>
>>754465
>michigan
>2

There will always be a Michigan/Wisconsin tryhard on here bellowing about how great their states are. Upper Wisconsin and the UP are....nice, but you are out of your mind if you think they compare to anywhere west of the rockies. I've lived on the west coast my whole life and gone fishing, camping, hiking in michigan, wisconsin, and minnesota and you guys are on crack.

Sure, you got trees, sure, you got lakes, but there's nothing there that's particularly awe-inspiring in any way whatsoever. And INB4 you cherrypick some picture of a canoe and a sunset by some lake with flat sparse woods around it and 600trillion flying pests.
>>
>>756338
Yeah, like the other anon said, you should go to the upper midwest. Pacific Northwest is shit and you will be really disappointed if you come here.

Seriously, it's awful here. Maybe try Colorado too.
>>
File: bait8.jpg (37KB, 600x600px)
bait8.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>748031
WV as shit and UT as meh...

What fucking hipster faggot made this?
>>
>>756492
Ok faggot, your just mad you don't have Northern Hardwoods in your state.
>>
File: 3623102219_a1729e61f8_z.jpg (164KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
3623102219_a1729e61f8_z.jpg
164KB, 500x333px
>Anything but Montana
Enjoying your non-Glacier-National-Park shit tier national parks, boysc/out/s?
>>
>>753946
You can carry a gun in california though. On any BLM or national forest or park. Just not in state parks (but who's going to know you cc).
>>
>>756846
>Get a job on the East Coast
>Few weeks later, "Hey anon would you like to interview for Glacier?"

Ffffffffs, I was already committed.
>>
Take it from somebody whose driven through nevada on his way back home to california many a time, nevada is shit for /out/ unless you love rocks and despise trees.
>>
>>754559
This. Fuck the rest.
>>
>>754559
i live in a deciduous forest and i dislike it, most of the year the trees are all barren and it looks like shit. Rather have lush green needles during all seasons.
>inb4 "but muh foliage"
>>
>>751932
i have a cabin up in blueridge. Its amazing, one of the best places to go fishing on the east coast
>>
File: Photo Sep 28, 2 11 16 PM.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Sep 28, 2 11 16 PM.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>757008
>>751932
heres a picture from a local apple orchard in blueridge
>>
>>756321
>It is also the only state that is completely mountainous.
>having only one type of terrain is a selling point

and also moderately hilly=/=mountainous

pic related is mountainous
>>
>>757009
turn your pictures you fucking idiot
>>
>>756957
>>756957
>live in deciduous forest
>trees empty and dead half the year, ground covered in leaves and rotten shit the entire time
>everything pretty much grey/brown during that time as well
>gets "beautiful fall colors" for a month and can hear anything walking around for miles due to leaf crunch

>live in evergreen forest
>Shit green and beautiful in winter
>Shit green and beautiful in spring
>Shit green and beautiful in summer
>Shit green and beautiful in fall

No thanks, midwest crybabies.
>>
>>757205
>Implying there aren't great coniferous forests in Eastern North America.

You clearly haven't been /out/ much.

If you think everything is dead for half a year you are severely lacking in observational skills.
>>
>>748031
>West MT and North West WY not god tier
Go fuck yourself
>>
File: 0086.jpg (606KB, 1024x681px)
0086.jpg
606KB, 1024x681px
rural Pennsylvania is pretty nice
>cheap land
>tons of public land and trails
>not bad gun laws
>amazing fishing and hunting
>you get to honestly experience all 4 seasons
>not alot of niggers or crime
>amish people with cheap handmade goods and inexpensive fresh organic food
just stay out of pittsburgh and philly and its amazing here
>>
I live in Dallas. Where I can I go to hike and camp that I can build my own fire pit and camp wherever I want? I used to live in PA and I don't know where to go down here.
>>
>>757757
>implying there's anything good about organic food
>>
>>757773
>implying there is anything bad about organic food
its fresher, its not coming from a factory farm, its roughly the same price as the supermarket and its helping a family instead of a business
i dont see the problem? id rather eat fresh
>>
>>757777
The Amish use GMOs. Nothing wrong with supporting small businesses and eating healthy. There is something wrong with supporting faith based diets like the organic fad. If you support organic, you're basically pro-hunger, anti-poor people, and anti-environment. If you're confused about anything I just said, Google is your friend.
>>
>>757782
i have 2 options, drive 20 minutes to the walmart and buy vegetables and meat from a factory, or drive 5 minutes to the market and get fruit and vegetables grown by a small family farm that were picked fresh and beef/lamb/pork that was fed well and butchered that day. why would i go to the supermarket? most amish family farms ive been on dont use GMO's but i obviously cant speak for all of them. all i was trying to say is that access to fresh food is great here.
>>
>>757771
>I live in Dallas. Where I can I go to hike and camp that I can build my own fire pit and camp wherever I want?

Utah
>>
>>757777
>roughly the same price as the supermarket
In what universe?
>>
>>748237
This, they should be orange. There's more to /out/ than >muh mountains, Wisconsin/Minnesota have god-tier lakes and camping.
>>
>>757854
This universe. The Amish aren't out to kill you on a profit, they just wanna keep their families fed. I have no doubt that anon is getting good deals on fruit and veggies in Amish country
>>
>>757787
Alright anon. You're right. I'm sorry. The word "organic" triggers me pretty hard.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (5KB, 225x225px)
angry_pepe.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
New england red.
>>
>>757887
It's cool man, I didn't mean "organic" in the sense of "I paid $4 for this Apple because the sticker says it's better for me" I just meant i could get fresh meat and stuff that I don't grow in the garden at the Amish market without spending ridiculous money. Only downside is no vegetables in the winter but we can stuff for the cold months
>>
>>757665
spring, summer, and fall camping in minnesota, michigan, wisconsin, indiana, missouri, tennessee, wyoming, colorado, oregon, washington, idaho, and california.

If you think the trees don't turn into skeletons for a good deal of the year in those first three states, you've never been there.
>>
>>758316
It's OK,, I have no issue with the rest of the world not getting how great it is here.
>>
>>753377
Fuck off
>>
>>748031
>GA is shit
Fuck off washington fag
>>
>>748031
What's wrong with Texas? I like our parks and shit, the hill country, ect. I've always enjoyed my state's natural features.
>>
>>757773
monsanto shill pls go
>>757777
>>757787
>buying food
>not growing your own
fuck off faggot
>>
>>748547
>>751752
>>751942
>>756200
ocean babbies need to die
>>
>>748031
>North Carolina
>Shit
>What are the outer banks
>What is the AT
>What are the smoky mountains
>What is the blue ridge parkway
>What is the Cherokee reservation
Fuck off
>>
File: 2ec.png (497KB, 600x580px)
2ec.png
497KB, 600x580px
>>751936
>>751938
>>
>>759113
>What is the blue ridge parkway
>a highway is an /out/ selling point for your state

do you not see how desperate you sound?
>>
>>759111

you need to die
>>
>>759138
>being an ocean babby
lakes/rivers are superior in almost every way
although states that border coast states are the best, you have all the benefits of being able to go to the ocean and none of the problems of dealing with coastal faggots like in commiefornia and washington and oregon.
>>
>>759141
>lakes/rivers are superior in almost every way
What the fuck? Just end yourself.
>>
>>759161
I'm just confused because I'm a total lake boy but love the ocean.
>select all images with boats

There's too much sand at the beach!!!
>>
File: 5216991_orig.jpg (37KB, 648x422px) Image search: [Google]
5216991_orig.jpg
37KB, 648x422px
>>759161
shh, let the flyover retard have his delsions
>>
>>759108
Like I said here:
>>758348
I grow some things in my garden. Can't grow everything fuckwit
>>
>>759205
>cant grow everything
>garden
>current year
>not living on a ranch/farm
shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>748230
There is a lot of cool shit in New Mexico that very few people, even those who live here, have ever even heard of. I've been in mountain ranges that most residents have never even heard of.
>>
>>759097
i lived in texas for three years and loved it, and there's some chill /out/ish stuff to do, but for grand /out/ experiences or adventures...meh. it doesn't have a lot to offer.
>>
File: Parkway.png (3MB, 1500x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Parkway.png
3MB, 1500x1004px
>>759133
When your state is so beautiful the US government decides to build a scenic highway of this magnitude there, then come back.
>>
>>759750
I came...
>>
>>753363
We're full.
>>
>>750624
What's the fuzzy strip going through Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming?
>>
Worst states are NJ, DE, and the southeast. SE has like 500% humidity and those fucking fire ants, fuck them. Everything else would probably be fine, 'cept the midwest and the corn states.

>>748553
>Tennessee

I been hiking in TN. Boring, flat. Spiderwebs every 4 feet, not joking. Gets real damn old real fast, constant facefulls of spiders. Never been no where else what had that many spiders. Maybe strands here or there, but not like a damn nest from the Hobbit crammed full of spiders that you can't throw a stone without hitting one.

>>752050

Want.
>>
>>748031
>TAG region red
Are you stupid or just a faggot who doesn't like caving?
>>
>>760436
That sounds nightmarish
>>
Spent the last 2 years backpacking in Oregon/Washington

Never seen a more beautiful and breathtaking state as Kentucky. Can't believe none of you have ever been.
>>
>>759750
I want to marry that view.
>>
>>760266
I-80
>>
File: goodcrab.gif (914KB, 370x282px)
goodcrab.gif
914KB, 370x282px
>>752028
>>
>>760266
it's along I-80, but the reason it's weird, at least in Wyoming, is because the ownership is like a checkerboard. the blm owns some and gas companies and the cattleman's association owns some. its hard to do stuff along there because it's hard to stay on the public land.
>>
File: Flag_of_Iowa.png (127KB, 1280x877px)
Flag_of_Iowa.png
127KB, 1280x877px
>CTRL+F Iowa
>no results found

I figured someone would have at least called us shit tier.

I moved here about a year ago and finally have some free time and would like to do some /out/ things again. Is there anything at all to do in the Eastern third of the state? Theres a longass trail here that goes through 150+ miles of the state North/South ways but it's full of goobers and doesn't really pass through anything interesting from what I've seen from satellite photos.
>>
File: 20160429_153006.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160429_153006.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
The desert is the only accessible place to me, for now. But it's not so bad

Nevada
>>
Just moved out to Grand Rapids Michigan on Friday for a job, how is it out here bros?
>>
>>752050
>non sand beaches
prepare to get slammed into that fucking rock wall
>>
>>748031
NJ got the Pine Barrens and a bunch of abandoned buildings tho
>>
>>747944
If you go to Wisconsin be sure to go NORTH. Southern have of the state isn't great but the north has a lot of good /out/ing. If you are not familiar with the Brule check it out; some of the best fishing in the world. If I could move anywhere it would be near there.
>>
>>756341
Going to agree with this anon about Minnesota but you should also include Wisconsin/Upper Michigan.
>>
>>757757
PA isn't bad but it's nothing compared to the west or even Acadia in Maine. This coming from a guy who's lived in PA his whole life.
>>
>>747944
it's Colorado. Only right answer.

For Canada, it's BC.
>>
>>748245
They're okay, but only if you can put up with inbred hill people that live in them
>>
Im biased since I'm from there but Ohio has some great spots, particularly in the southern part. Nice people too
>>
>>748031
>the Appalachian trail is shit tier

how dare you
>>
>>748031
>Every state east of the rockies is shit
You don't like rain do you anon?
>>
>>750624

> Literally nothing in CT
>>
File: glacier.jpg (33KB, 645x240px)
glacier.jpg
33KB, 645x240px
You can come to Montana as long as you don't try and fuck with our conservation or gun laws. We don't want this to become California 2.0.
>>
>>765658

Half of what we do in Montana is hate on Iowa.

It's like, "sometimes life sucks but man but at least we don't live in fucking Iowa."
>>
>>748237
People who never lived in South East MN or south west WI. I bet they hate fishing too.
>>
>>750624
>All of that red in the west is literally a big boring desert
>>
File: 1463100060342.jpg (62KB, 640x471px)
1463100060342.jpg
62KB, 640x471px
>>748211
>>748230
>>748237
>>748245
>>748805
Its just a butt hurt calicuck trying to over compensate for living in corrupt liberal shit hole.
>>
Florida is shit /out/ wise. Camping/hiking is hot and muggy and living on the beach I'd have to go very far to find much things of the sort. I don't like the swamp/marsh nature, I'd prefer mountains and forests
>>
Would moving to grand junction co so I live near moab ut be a skid choice for /o/ing and /k/ing around /out/ and still have somewhere decent to work?
>>
>>748031
>minnesota, wisconsin, michigan, vermont, new hampshire, maine
>red

Wow there are some fucking retards on this board
>>
>>769546

Quite right.

They're just proud of where they live though and it's primarily who posts on out who gets the "god tier."

How is Montana not in the blue? We basically are /out/ incarnate you dumb fucks.
>>
>>750652

>hella
>Los Angeles

clueless east coaster detected
>>
>>759750

It's an eyesore and should be destroyed
>>
>>761518
>Never seen a more beautiful and breathtaking state as Kentucky

You sir, have been imbibing way too frequently on that fine KY bourbon.
>>
>>759750
Show us that picture again three weeks later and all of the leaves have dropped to the ground.
Not a pretty sight.
>>
File: 302.jpg (947KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
302.jpg
947KB, 3072x2048px
>>769585

Easterners and their fucking leaves.

"Look at all those colors!"

It's not pretty just because you live in a concrete box you shitheads.
>>
>>769539
Anyone?
>>
>>754559
>>756438
>>756761
>>759750
>the west doesn't have fall colors

kek. we have the superior version of forests, where the aspens accent the evergreens in the fall, then the evergreens keep us green through winter.
>>
>>755957
>implying there are good choices at this point
face it, amerifats are fucked.
>>
>>759750
i've been here and camped during the fall, to this day it's one of my favorite eastern /out/ spots. it was fucking magical.
>>
>>761518
Me neither, I live here. I don't know where you got your maps from, but it's pretty much all wilderness here. The worst part of the outdoors around here is all the out of towners.

FUCK OFF WERE FULL
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.