[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 89

File: image.jpg (141KB, 540x532px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 540x532px
#32- "Empty Bank Account, Full Tackle Box" Edition

Previous Thread-
>>743531

Still stoked on Anon from yesterday actually doing research and getting on the most comprehensive lure setup I have ever seen a new angler buy.

About to try the lake for an hour or two and fux around with more Texas rigs. Tomorrow is Friday at least, hopefully everybody gets out to the lake or sea this weekend.

Let's talk about fishin.
>>
>>745234
I don't see why anything like that would be an issue, even in a carry-on bag. If you end up buying a lot of stuff, you could always just mail it back home.
>>
>>745241
Ive no idea, i imagine your cuck ass country has a hardon for sharp metal objects at security.

The EU is utter shit, but i can pretty much seamlessly go from country to country...
>>
>>745247
Even if they didn't want it on the plane for some reason, you could just put it in a checked bag.

I'm just stoked you can bring lighters on the plane again. I can light up a cig right after the flight without having to wait for my bag first.
>>
>>745247
If your worried just check the bag. I fly with guns and my bow occasionally and never have an issue.
>>
File: 20160421_144443.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160421_144443.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
Caught my first 5 trout today on my first outing with a fly rod. Apparently the stream behind my house is teeming with completely unpressured Brook Trout. Cool beans. These guys are pretty small but hella feisty. Even hanging out of the water, they continued to spaz out for like a minute.
>>
>>745270
Nice brookie annon. Trout are a really fun fish to fish. Picky as hell though. Pretty sweet you have them in your backyard.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Fuckin bass jumps off right as I get him to shore. So close...

It's hella windy here though.

>>745270
Damn, that sounds fun
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>745279
They sure do love that chartruese tail...
>>
File: fishin.jpg (98KB, 638x1136px) Image search: [Google]
fishin.jpg
98KB, 638x1136px
Headed back out to my glorious wilderness for more fishing action tomorrow night. Targetting night-feeding bullhead then dawn-feeding trout.

Got the /outwife/ and my bro all hyped up to go!
>>
File: muhlake.jpg (62KB, 1136x638px)
muhlake.jpg
62KB, 1136x638px
>>745294

Snow will be gone by now and the shallows should be warmed up. The perch are back into the weeds so I can't wait to try my new Live Target Perch and wrangle a big laker.

Any other Nova Scotianon out there wish to meet up I can send you my coords.
>>
File: lunkyhunt.jpg (183KB, 1000x351px) Image search: [Google]
lunkyhunt.jpg
183KB, 1000x351px
Attached is a comparison of the Lunkerhunt plastics I bought to some Skeet Reese Design Pit Boss & Craw Fatty's. (I rarely use this type of bait, but it doesn't hurt to keep it around)
>>
>>745295
How far is south river borgoise or whatever the fuck I said last thread from you
>>
>>745258
>>745252
Ive no idea how everything works, but im sure ill find out.

Gotta stock up on "toxic waste" candy. Shit so sour it burns a hole in my tongue, i fucking love it.
>>
>>745301
Where are you visiting?
>>
File: mostproductive.jpg (703KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
mostproductive.jpg
703KB, 1500x1125px
These are the majority of my soft plastics. The ones I use on a semi-regular basis at least. (Obviously I love stickbaits)
>>
>>745303
New Orleans.

A friend should be able to take me fishing once or twice for...whatever is being fished in October.
>>
File: smallbox.jpg (118KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
smallbox.jpg
118KB, 640x480px
This is a smaller plano I use for (mostly) terminal tackle/stuff that won't fit in the big box. I need to start using more of my boxes though desu
>>
File: bigbox.jpg (155KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bigbox.jpg
155KB, 800x600px
And this box is full of everything else. I am learning to use most of this stuff, but definitely don't have a problem buying more... all the time. My collection isn't bad, but I've only been fishing for about a year.
>>
>>745308
>bravefishermen
I see someone else is buying crap lures off of ebay
>>
>>745311
Yeah... I figured for the money it was worth a shot. I at least added split rings to them.

Still wouldn't recommend. You get what you pay for.
>>
>>745313
I got mine for 55 cents. It's amazing they can manufacture and ship it across the ocean for half a buck. Although I caught a bass on it, I wouldn't recommend either.
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 750x1334px
what's the best relatively cheap rod and spinning real combo for medium size largemouth?
>>
>>745321

Read these. I should really get to work on that infograph sticky thing.

>>743611
>>743613
>>743628
>>743634
>>743638
>>743652
>>743661

Also, I like her boobs too.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>745321
Define "Cheap" because a $150 combo is "cheap" when compared to a $750 combo.

Rod and reel I'm using right now was pretty damn cheap, $40 for the rod and $30 for the reel. But I think you will get more for your money buying an actual combo. The Pflueger President combos are great for $80-$90, Bass Pro, Cabela's, and Gander Mtn all sell them on a store brand rod.

Cheaper than that, I would say check out a store brand combo from Bass Pro or Cabela's. Otherwise Abu Garcia Cardinal (SX/STX) combos, Daiwa Lagunas, and I believe Dick's still has those Shimano Sellus/Sedona combos online for like $80 which is a steal if you want to order it.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 640x1136px
>>745324
Heh, thanks man.

>>745321
Pic related is that Shimano combo, that's a lot for the money. Otherwise I think that Mitchell 300 combo is <$100 too and those aren't bad. There are some nice looking Lew's combos too.

If you are tryin to go under $50, look at the ones I posted in the last thread. The store brand setups give you a lot for your money,
>>
>>745315
However, I can recommend buying soft plastics from eBay. I got like 100 stickbaits (you can choose the colors you want) for $30 or so I think.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>745334
That's not bad, but nothing incredible either considering you could look for a sale on Zoom baits and get 10 bags for less than $30.

Kinda pissed tbqhwy. Wind is coming from the east real strong today. Went to this lake and was fishing from the north side. Caught that largemouth and had another fish rip apart that lizard.

It was too hard to fish that spot because of the wind though. So after 15min, I went to the east side of the lake. The buildings block most of the wind and what's left of it would carry my lures. But the sun is giving me a migraine and I'm not getting any bites on this side.
>>
Spent 3 hours at breakneck creek
Lost 4 lures
Spooked 3 fish
Caught nothing
>>
>>745361
Wut did you lose? And how?

If I notice a spot with real bad snags (beyond weeds, shit that is impossible to get unhooked from) I will normally be really cafeful in those spots. I don't think I have ever lost more than 2 in a day.
>>
what's the difference between shaky head and texas? If my texas is weighted isn't it the same thing pretty much? I mena they both go on the same way.
>>
>>745365
A spoon two of those swimbait things and an inline spinner I got at a pike/musky show
>>
>>745373
This seems to make the most sense. Looks like Texas rigs are normally a lil heavier too.
>shaky head isn't great around lots of cover. a T-rig will come through grass, trees, etc. easier. If I'm not pitching into heavy cover, I'm fishing a shaky head (and sometimes even in heavy cover). The worm stands up on a shaky head, lays down on a t-rig.

I think I'm gonna grab some of those shaky head jigheads too. Maybe run a lil fluke on them.
>>
>>745329
Yeah I just checked out the Dick's near my house and they have that Shimano Sellus for $80, think I'm gonna bite

Sucks cause I'm replacing what was by far my most rod and reel setup that I've caught hundreds and hundreds of fish on over the years
>>
File: image.jpg (763KB, 2192x1386px)
image.jpg
763KB, 2192x1386px
>>745373
>>745379
I think the shakey head adds a bit of action to the tail. You can get football jig heads with a wide gap hook to Texas rig em still.

I got some of those rubber bands peps. I was getting some black lizards at walmart and I almost forgot.

Pic is of the damn in my local spillway. Thought it was neat.
>>
>>745385
Good job on the rubberbands.

I have seen football jigheads with those little corkscrew things on there to run a shaky head. I think I'm going to try and grab those next time I'm at Dick's or Bass Pro. Those will def help make the bait stand up, and that seems to be the main point of the shaky heads.

I was thinkin about stopping by walmart today to see if they have anything good since it is only a few blocks away, but I will just end up with a bunch of crap.

>>745382
Cool. That's a rea nice setup. The one I posted (the 1pc 7'1" rod) seems to have a pretty large 4000 size reel but it isn't anything crazy. I would prefer a 3000 or so but that combo is so nice for the money and it will still work great with 8lb or 10lb mono. 8lb is def on the lighter end for that 4000 size reel tho.
>>
>>745379
Ah, makes sense, but still wouldn't a wieghted t-rig pretty much have the same effect?
>>
Had a rough day fishing today. No action at Southern Maine's best bass ponds, saw maybe 1-2 fish get pulled out. Saw hundreds of massive LMB just hanging out near their beds, they didn't take a fucking thing. People were getting pissed. Pretty awesome place though, 5 separate ponds, 2 with MASSIVE LMB one with Brook trout and one with a surprise species no one has caught yet. People think they stocked it with grass carp, and a few guys had carp rigs setup.

The warm water fish are starting to get more active up here, and with this new heaven I found I'll be able to work on my bass techniques when the trout bite is down in the summer and the stripers have moved offshore.

Hit some good brookies and a surprise perch while exploring potential spots. Think I got some footage of baby bass feeding in schools. Fucking bass spot today was such a cock tease, you could see them, hundreds of them. Hey just wouldn't bite a fucking thing.
>>
>>745402
Seems like those shaky-head rigs stand upright a little bit more, especially with a lighter weight and a football jighead. Texas rigged plastics will lift the tail up a little bit, but I don't think quite as much.

I gotta try some of those jigheads out and compare. I will def grab some this weekend. Maybe if I have an easy day at work tomorrow, I can stop by Dick's while working and try it out in the afternoon.
>>
>>745408
That sucks. That's what you get for fishin where there are a bunch of other people. Absolutely haram.

What baits were u runnin?
>>
>>745411
thanks- looking forward to your feedback.
>>
>>745408
That's about how my day went
>>
>>745414
actually, the ponds were big. and everyone was spaced out. The guys fishing there were pros, dead fucking silent. walking softly and speaking softly only when right next to each other.

their game was on point, everyone using something different trying to hone in on what they were after, but to no avail the only guys hitting the bass were a dude and his kids using smelts, and some younger dude using smelts. Everyone was super nice, and provided pleasant conversation when walking to another spot, or to another body of water. I'd share the spot here to show how unique it is but I really must refrain as it is a hidden gem. It was a blast regardless, and I got a few fish at some other spots before and after going to the "ponds" and by ponds I mean 3-4 small lakes and 2 puddles; each body of water teeming with finicky fish. easily 4-6lb fish just cruising the banks, water clear as day so you could see them and that was a treat.

I was using senkos, rigged in various methods. girl was using spinner baits, a top water frog, tried some mepps action, hell even live night crawlers. They just weren't having it; guess smelts were the way to go.

bringing a bucket of them and a kayak with me next time I go, and when the water warms up a bit the action is going to be fire.
>>
So today's quick fishing outing provided me with a first.
> be exploring an area along a small "river" that is less familiar to me than where I usually fish.
> expecting tons of sunfish and looking specifically for shad (maybe a bass or trout)
> catch a very young chain pickerel and tons of asshole sunfish.
Catching that chain pickerel was very surprising to me due to the relatively shallow depths and that I've never heard of anybody catching them in these waters before.
Anyone have any stories about catching something they didn't expect?
>>
>>745431
>Be me
>See shitty creek
> barely 20 feet across
>Throw in small lure on 8 pound mono
>36 inch pike
Turns out it's a tributary to the Cuyahoga river
>>
File: image.jpg (227KB, 640x1136px)
image.jpg
227KB, 640x1136px
>>745431
Pic related is this shitty little pond a couple blocks from where I grew up. Used to go there all the time as a kid. It was maybe 100yds long by 30yds across. Lots of tiny bluegill, a few small largemouth, carp, the usual shithole.

Had half a bluegill sitting on the bottom one day and pulled out a big bowfin, probably close to 24" but it was so damn long ago. Only bowfin I've ever caught.

First snakehead I ever caught was bretty suprising too. Had no clue what it was when I saw it coming to shore but once I got it on land I knew it was probably one lf those bastards.
>>
File: stuff.jpg (870KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
stuff.jpg
870KB, 3264x2448px
Just got back from Dick's
>>
>>745443
Nice. How do you like that Shimano?
>>
Any suggestions for smallmouth in sub alpine lakes? It's been about 2 weeks since ice out and I had a bunch of follows today with the tube and a bomber A. Any suggestions to get em to bite?
>>
>>745444
Feels p nice, quality action and well made, I can tell it's definitely good in terms of bang for your buck

I'll be fishing it tomorrow afternoon at a new lake I've never fished before and don't know much about so we'll see how that goes

Probably gonna start off fishing my go to, which is a Texas rigged baby brush hog
>>
think im going to go out tomorrow and fish a tiny little creek nearby not quite sure whats in the water, other then dace, but it leads to a nice trout river ( no way for trout to get up) and comes from a shitty golf course meal also going to see if theres an salvaging an old bamboo fly rod that i grabbed for free, i have 2 other fly rods aswell i need to look into to see if i can get it running
>>
>>745451
golf course meal? i meant golf course pond
>>
>>745445
honestly, a jig head with a tail grub works pretty well. Pretty much my standard and works wherever.
>>
File: 20160421_184831.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160421_184831.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>Go to Bass Pro
>buy a bunch of shit that I want, but don't really need

Every friggen time.
On an unrelated note, can I back my 40lb powèr pro with about 10 yards of 17lb trilene mono? I'm new to braid
>>
>>745464
Put electrical tape on your spool; bugger the backing
>>
We're at nearly 60 posts! We need a new thread
-Coughcouchknifegemeralcoughcough-
>>
File: IMG_20160421_212134.jpg (3MB, 1430x1906px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160421_212134.jpg
3MB, 1430x1906px
>>745288
Me and two friends did really well at the lake today with chartreuse tailed senkos texas rigged.

10 pickerel
2 bass
And a crappie lol.

The texas rigged senko is fun as hell to fish. Lots of different ways to use it. My buddy who is really new to fishing caught a 4 or 5 pounder...mad rare for long island. He like, just learned how to cast too...haha.
>>
>>745339
Are you fishing that lake on 30th just south of 595? That looks really familiar. It seems like either that or the lake thats like on both sides of sample road in pompano
>>
File: littlebass.png (2MB, 1483x831px) Image search: [Google]
littlebass.png
2MB, 1483x831px
>>
File: IMG_0590.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
IMG_0590.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>745373
Shaky heads are basically jigheads designed to sit and hold a spot on the bottom so you can just "wobble" the bait on its head.

Its a way to make a subtle presentation and finesse action in a single spot for a long time, for when fish need convincing.

That's how I understand it anyways, and I've never had shit for luck with them. And its 4chan anyways so what the fuck do I know.

Also pic related is a fucking stud (thinking 5, maybe 6#) that I caught last weekend. Travel rods are a must.
>>
File: perch.png (3MB, 1481x833px)
perch.png
3MB, 1481x833px
>>745495
shit didn't even think to use shaky heads today.

i bet i would have gotten some lmb had I done that. oh well still caught some perch and trout today.

nice catch, I'm glad to have found a place with some beasts that I can chase when the salt is down; never really targeted them too much.
>>
UtahFag here.
I'm going to head to the lower Provo after work tomorrow. Do many of you guys drink when you flyfish? I've always wanted to take a few beers but then I don't want to get the fucking mormons on my back. What do?
>>
File: brookie 1.png (3MB, 1481x841px) Image search: [Google]
brookie 1.png
3MB, 1481x841px
>>745501
sometimes I stash a bissels in my fly bag, drink it after a session. never really drink and wade though. especially in a river, that is risky business. Not really a time to self induce a cordination loss when you're standing near a big rip and a deep edd
>>
>>745505
truth, especially with the 80 degree weather today, i don't want to get swept away in that runoff.

Fishing is fucking hot now though, 2 weeks ago I hooked into an 18 inch brown and almost shit myself when I saw all the broken off flies in his lip.
>>
well I think I might return the quantum bill dance rod and reel for a Quantum Metrix rod and reel.
Canadian tires having a sale and it's even cheaper than the Dance one and bigger too (dance was 6', this one is 6'6"). Mulling it over.
>>
some juvenile bass and what appears to be a sunfish? or bluegill? can't really tell

https://youtu.be/NM3vDPps1gM
>>
>>745508
Did you eat him?
>>
>>745516
Nah, I suggested the idea than thought it better to go back and spend a day catching a feast. Only had about 10 minutes to spend that spot. Was expecting trout. Surprised they were in that river to be honest. He seemed to like my kastmaster presentation.
>>
>>745516
Naww, I usually only keep the ones I guthook.

I like the big guys to get out and spawn and keep the big genes going!
>>
>>745516
Woops thought you responded to me. Sorry!
>>
going to try to get down to the river sometime in the next week to finally get some trout, all stocked but havent had much luck this year
>>
>>745526
>>745526
Bub those things you tied look like they'll produce even though you were just trying to eat up materials
>>
>>745308
how are those yamamoto crankbaits. I see Dick's having a sale of yamamoto hardbait $10 for 2. I'm thinking about getting them or some floating popper since I don't have any crank bait. I don't even know how they work and what is the difference between lip vs lipless

They look really sexy for the price though
>>
>>745497
did it milt all over you? I've got perch spooge all over 1 side of the yak
>>
File: 1455578117109.jpg (51KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1455578117109.jpg
51KB, 320x240px
>>745252
>I can light up a cig

Confirmed for white trash. Let me guess, you probably drive for a "living" and reside in either a trailer park or shitty apartment?
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 344x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 344x400px
any of yall have success fishing frogs around lillypads?
>>
>>745580
Nothing wrong with that son, as long as they come by it honest.
>>
>>745443
I love Dicks!
>>
File: 20160421_235420_resized_1.jpg (3MB, 3984x2241px) Image search: [Google]
20160421_235420_resized_1.jpg
3MB, 3984x2241px
Since it's the current year, I finally made the switch from the autism tool box to the tackle bag like all of the normies. Here are the stuffs I'm going to take on each trip now.
>>
>>745667
>nice bass
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 225x225px)
image.jpg
24KB, 225x225px
>>745706
I really like the idea of the fanny pack tackle bags but they seem even more autistic than carrying a tool box around
>>
>>745484
Nah, that one is in Pompano just north of the one off Sample.

>>745580
I live in a house sir. But I do rent so.

I wouldn't call it white trash, but blue collar.

>>745667
Man I love that girl's ass. And I never have luck with those weedless frogs. I do better running the lizards across the top of the lillies.
>>
>>745718
I was looking at them too as something small to carry a few lures in but I can't get past the autism.

>>745678
How do you like it? I could never go back to an old school box.
>>
>>745718
I have an LL Bean xlarge fanny pack that I fashioned into an over the shoulder pack with a surf belt.

Works wonderfully, cost $1.50 at Goodwill and compliments my canyon pack well.
>>
Do you guys try to look /fa/ when your out fishing? Personally don't care but sometimes you see those stylish fishermen.
>>
>>745839
i dont bother unless im going to a certain section of river that is packed with qts in summer
>>
>>745839
>>745844
ad even then i just try to show off my muscles a bit
>>
>>745839
loose short shorts so the bait is hanging in view, if you know what I mean. I also usually wear my teeth too.
>>
>>745839
Fish don't care what your wearing.
>>
What kind of equipment should I be looking at if I wanted to start fishing? I'm guessing it's more than just a rod and lures right?
>>
just went through my old fishing stuff and came across 3 old fly rods, conolon cardinal 408, a browning fly rod 222975 and a bristol built fly rod f5 think im going to try to fix up the Bristol uilt since its the nicest, but it needs a new reel seat
>>
>>745886
after stripping off what was left of the old rotten reel seat on the bristol built im left with pic related( in the middle) dont i want the rod blank to extend all the way through the reel seat? i was thinking of jusgt canabalizing the reel seat from one of the other rods, but im slightly worried about the blank not going through the full reel seat
>>
File: reel seat.jpg (29KB, 308x547px)
reel seat.jpg
29KB, 308x547px
>>745889
forgot pic, does anyone have experience with this kind of thing?
>>
>>745884
Rod, reel, line, tackle box/bag, hooks, weights, bobbers, pliers or multitool, and if you plan on bass fishing, anon from this thread and the last had a good starter setup for lures.
>>
>>745891
Oh that was quick, thank you. I'll lurk around for recommendations on what specific equipment to buy.
>>
>>745667
Zoom horny toads are like a buzzbait that you can drag right through the shit, but no pausing. They work like magic down here (florida) during the summer.

I don't fish the weedless frogs as much but it all works. Just depends on the conditions.

>>745751
Lol well I was close. Recognized the smokestacks and the landfill. I'll be down that way this weekend, will post pictures of junebug worm victims.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>745417
>>745373
Gonna try em this weekend
>>
>>745913
wowzers I just use the standard ones in the top right.
Offset ones seem like a good idea
>>
>>745917
Yeah there are the offset ones and then the ones with the little corkscrew deal too. The ones Dick's had with the little screw didn't have a very wide hook like you normally see on baitholders. I like the wider ones if I'm goning to weedless rig a fluke.
>>
>>745678
I want to make a gay joke but I also want to try to be semi civilised
>>
>>745882
Actually if you're wearing bright colours fish will spook more easily compared to if you're wearing neutral colours like greys and browns
>>
>>745930
Thanks Prof Skid.

Seriously though, I have noticed when I wear a bright red shirt on a sunny day with clear water, the bass close to shore don't bite for shit.
>>
>>745930
contradicting opinions:
Most fish are colorblind, despite the opinion of many sportfishermen. Fish can see color shadings, reflected light, shape, and movement,

OR

It is a myth that trout are colorblind. In fact, many shallow water fish of both oceanic and fresh water systems such as the trout or salmon have well defined color vision and can even see colors that we humans are not capable of seeing...
>>
>>746040
>reflected light

Ins that all that color is? Or am I retarded.
>>
>>746042
Isn't*

Spelling is hard and stuff
>>
>>746040
I'm confused now. Color choice always seems to be so important. But bass love unnatural colors as well like chartruese and hot pink. So I find myself making arguments for both options.
>>
>>746049
>>746040
Also want to add that tons of lure makers seem to use red a lot and say that the fish recognize it. Mepps does the little red strike attractor thing and lots of crankbaits and swimbaits do bloody gills.
>>
>>746051
>>746049
>>746042
>>746040

I found this. I don't know if it's really a good source, but according to them fish can see color.

http://animalquestions.org/fish/bass/are-bass-colorblind/
>>
I hope they can see color...
>>
I dont know if it's so much seeing color as making stuff seen, kind of like how orange is invisible to deer but it makes them pick up shadows around it.

Also most bright lures are for murky water. They're just too hot in clear to be super effective in my ponds.
>>
>>746066
Not gonna lie, I catch a lot of stuff on chartruese in fairly clear water.

>>746062
Gonna be busy tying this weekend, huh?
>>
color becomes moot the darker it gets. So the closer to the surface the more the fish can see of the color spectrum. and wearing a neon short on shore isn't exactly inconsipcious to anyone, including the fish. just wear a navy, earth tones shirt
>>
>>746084
so my orange yak wasn't a good idea?
Actually put a lot of thought into it since a lot of time will be in ocean and figured it might have to be found one day...
>>
>>746096
my kayak is bright orange and ivw never had issues
>>
>>746101
red idk y i said orange
>>
>>746096
I always wonder what the fish really pay attention to and what they don't. Like apex predators in lakes such as largemouth, it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to be afraid of people on the shore unless the area is fished a lot. They are too big for any birds to get.
>>
when fishing clear water go with a green or a white or a black lure

when fishing cloudy water go with electric colors like hot pink and chartreuse
>>
>>746096
Idk about that, I was just told on shore,
besides looking up underwater it's a bit trickier to discern the color that's blotting out the sun, so no worries there.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>746105
I'm a big fan of gold and dull silver colors in clear water.

I also need to stay away from Dick's for awhile. And you fuckers need to stop giving me ideas on new tackle. First it was jigs, then it was MTB/LTB, then there was the soft plastic ordeal which came in waves from flukes to curly tail worms to crawdads to senko worms to lizards, along with baitholder hooks, weighted hooks, and now shaky head jigs. And don't forget the Blue Foxes. What will be next?

I hate you guys so much.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Btw, any of you guys fux wit Owner Hooks? Looks like they are a Japanese company. Never really heard of them before but they weren't cheap so I'm assuming they are decent.

Never really bought any VMC stuff either, but I think they are the same company as Rapala. And those new Berkley Fusion hooks, never seen those before but they were fairly cheap.
>>
>>746113
Back when I lived in Florida and fished for snook owners were all I used, I still keep a good supply in my box. Their a top end hook
>>
>>746109
idk the reason for colored tails on bait. never saw the point
>>
>>746117
I should've gone for those at Bass Pro though just to see if they had some cheaper brands. Paying $7 for a 4pk of hooks is painful.

I did stock up on some Trokar baitholder hooks a couple months ago tho since Dick's had them 2 for $10 but the pickings are getting slim and they didnn't have any weighted or jighead Trokars on sale.
>>
>>746075
I like skids idea, and I want to expand on it. Also needed new flies for CO in a few days.
>>
>>746125
Where in CO are you going? That was always my favorite place to go on vacation when I was younger. Going to FL and sitting on the beach was boring, but we would go to CO sometimes during the summer and I would mountain bike and ride ATVs and go to skateparks. Good times. Plus it's not that far of a drive from Chicago. I think Denver is around 14hrs or so, easy to leave early in the morning and be in Breckenridge by bedtime.

>>746122
They were loving those black lizards with chartruese tails. With jigs and stuff, the end of the soft bait floats up a little bit so the movement of that bright tail is really exaggerated. I think those Zoom watermelon worms with the chartruese tail are gonna be killers for these bass.
>>
>>746128
Springs to butte to gunnison.

Fishing strictly. Going to hit slate, East, Taylor, and gunnison rivers just to name a few. My girlfriend knows better than I do, I honestly would prefer to stay home and hit the shad/stripers run once it starts but I guess I'll let her drag me along on her fly fishing adventure.
>>
You guys ever watch people fish? I was watching this Mexican dude try to cast a surf rod (I don't know why he had one we were at a lake that only has channel cats and big carp, but he was using a lure so idk what he was trying to accomplish). Well anyway when he would cast he would hold it with both hands, but towards the end of his cast he let go with his right hand so only his left hand was holding it.

It was the goofiest shit I'd seen. I normally would've said something to help him out, but him and his buddies were blasting music and fishing where I wanted to so I didn't.
>>
>>746136
I'm goin fishing with dude from work tomorrow morning. I watched him do some strange shit. I'm trying to teach him though. No more casting a 6" worm on a hook with no weight on 12lb mono.

He was amazed by the concept of a snap swivel. I was just on the phone with him and he's telling me he wants to buy a lighter setup now. I told him he should just put some 8lb mono or maybe 15lb-20lb braid on that Shimano combo and try that first. He gets upset watching me cast a 1/4oz Mepps on 10lb braid.
>>
How do you hook up fish on a texas rig? I was fishing weeds with a yum dinger and getting dozens of bites but I only caught one on the hook (Which promptly unhooked himself after I lifted him out of the water)
>>
>>746140
You have to get a good hook set. If you've been setting the hook and nothing is coming up, you may be setting it too fast. Whenever I get a bite I normally just stop reeling and make sure I can feel the fish pulling on the lure before I set the hook.

A lot of times bass will grab the tail/arms/legs of whatever plastic it is, then take the whole thing. Thats when you wanna set it.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>746140
I've had better luck with it than I expected. I get a good baitholder hook and rig it up so the very tip of the hook is poking through the plastic. Just enough where you can see a tiny metal spot in the plastic but not really hanging out.

The other trick is setting the hook right. You have to give the fish a second to get the whole bait in his mouth and close down like he's about to swallow it.
>>
>>746143
>>746148
I think the problem is with my hookset. I'll try it again tomorrow and see how it works out.
>>
>>746151
Most likely. When I feel the little nibble, I will let it drop for like a full second, then get a good set and the chances are pretty high there will be a bass on there. That's one of the fun parts about fishing those plastics.
>>
>>746151
Good luck family

>>746154
That's honestly my favorite part about fishing. Bite-wait-hookset-fish. Better than sex.
>>
>>746139
I throw weightless on my mh spinning set up with 8 lb test even if it's not optimal. It's not too bad really. I probably get a lighter set up when i have money
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 720x540px
>>746159
Poppers are really fun like that too. That half second between seeing the fish hit the lure and setting the hook, good times.
>>
>>746162
He was throwing it on 12lb mono. And his reel was only like half spooled so it would've casted like shit even with a weight. He had the hook in the worm some strange way too, can't remember exactly how.
>>
>>746125
I'm an innovator
>>
>>746163
pollock? those are tasty
>>746173
ill post photos of what I tie, about to do a long session.
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 1000x1000px
>>746136
I see that type of thing. Usually families with kids fishing for the first time. Then there was this one group I saw:
>At a pier in the north bay.
>20-30year olds there for someone's birthday
>three spinning rods, all freshwater gear. One dude trying a beetle spin with a white grub.
>too lightweight and big to sink very far in the current.
>Holding a spinning reel upside down.
>Another one using pic related to cut some bait.
oh well they seemed like they were having a good time.
>>
Maybe a silly question I missed an answer to in one of the other threads, what is the point of rubber banding the trebles together on cranks and other lures?
>>
>>746180
Throw 10 small Rapalas in a slot in a tackle box, walk around with it a couple days, and then go and try to grab your favorite Rapala out of the group.

I have had times where it takes me 5min+ to get them untangled.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>746180
Forgot I had this pic from before I was englightened.
>>
>>746186
Gotcha.
Makes sense. Thanks Pepsi.
Never been a problem for me mostly because I have only a few of them and keep them in separate compartments.
>>
What's up yall I'm not too knowledgeable about lures, jigs, hooks for different kinds of rigging, etc. I just bought a decent pfluger spinner combo recently and I'm wanting to get a decent set of tackle. In particular I'm wanting to catch some crappie and bass. What are my best options to stock up on?

I've already got some cheap 1/16 oz jig heads from Walmart and am planning on looking for a small shad swim bait at the store today. I also plan to get some soft plastic worms, and maybe something else with a lot more movement. What size/style hooks are ideal for most rigging with plastics?

Also I want some lures, maybe a couple spinners, but not sure what else. Suggestions please? I'm not too far from most of the big sporting goods/outdoors stores.
>>
File: image.jpg (451KB, 1205x1901px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
451KB, 1205x1901px
>>746198
Look for the Canadian anon's posts in the last thread. He had a bunch of posts and was in the same situation as you. For less than $100 (CAD) he got set up pretty good for largemouth.
>>
First go at the Skid pattern

Rabbit dubbing, maribou, xsmall barbell eyes
>>
>>746198
Here's what he got
>>744616

That's mostly for largemouth. If you want to do crappie, get some 2"-3" curly tail grubs or small soft plastic minnows and use them on those jigheads you got. Also small Rapalas or anything like that, as well as inline spinners like Mepps or Rooster Tails (1/8oz) are great for crappie.
>>
>>746209
How long does it take to tie one of those?

That guy looks pretty large too, what does it weigh?
>>
>>746210
Thanks Pepsi I appreciate ya
>>
>>746212
a minute or so.

not very much it's pretty small, that was the biggest and first I did just to get an idea of what I wanted for a pattern. now I'll tie a few different sizes and see what I like most.
>>
>>746215
yea i'm pretty happy with my rig. Returing my quatum dance in pic for the better quantum metrix that was on sale from canadian tire today. What's not in the picture is some of the spoons I have that I hope will work with pike.
>>
>>746198
>>746215
U want the copypasta of what all the main different crankbaits do?
>>
>>746209
I dub thee
The skidin minnow
>>
>>746223
do you prefer hook up or hook down?
>>
>>746224
I'm not sure, maybe a few of both?
>>
>>746221
Yes please.
>>
got out today to do some micro fishing or attempted to
>>
>>746239
maybe half a dozen this size
>>
>>746240
a dozen or so around this size
>>
>>746242
>>
>>746243
>>
>>746244
a few this coloration but this one was just over 11.5 inches
>>
>>746240
Chubs? Love catching those. You can use a nymph like a streamer and expect them.
>>
>>746246
>>746240
Looks like nice pike bait
Rig it live on some #3 wire with a pair of size 4 treble hooks on a quick set rig...
Or run a loop of rigging floss through the nostrils and rig a 2/0 octopus hook on there and fish it that way
>>
>>746247
i call them dace, though some call them chubs
>>746248
ive never really fished for pike, but the little ones are killer for bass
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>746231
Crankbaits

So pic related is pretty much 2 of each of the main types of cranks that you will see. Top left are regular diving cranks. I think those will normally run like 6'-10' deep depending on how fast you reel and line and all that shit and then they float to the top when you stop reeling. Top middle is squarebill cranks, they float when not moving but will normally dive 3'-5' when cranked. Top right are the lipless rattlers. They sink when not being reeled, so you keep em suspended by reeling them in and they normally wobble a bit too.

Bottom left is going to be a suspending jerkbait. They dive slightly when reeled, and they just suspend when you stop reeling them. Rapala Husky Jerks and X-Raps are a couple types of these lures.

Bottom middle are floating and shallow diving cranks. The top one is a Bass Pro brand I think and the bottom is an "Original" Rapala. They look real similar to the suspending jerkbaits, but most of the time you see that body shape, it will be floating and shallow diving unless the package specifically says "Suspending" or something similar. Those are a great lure. You crank it a few times, let it stop and suspend a could feet under water, twitch it a couple times, and the fish love to hit them on that pause or as soon as you start moving them after the pause.

And finally, bottom right are some real deep divers. They will normally float when not being reeled, but will shoot down to 8'+ as soon as you start cranking them in.
>>
>>746249
Pike are hella fun
>>
>>746252
not alot of places nearby thaf have them here
>>
8lb mono or 10lb when fishing to trout and bass? What would you use for the lead line as well?

My idea is to try spinners, spoons and jigs in conjunction with a snap swivel.

Do you guys think a bobber is necessary? If so, how far above the swivel would you recommend?

The context is a still lake, 37 feet at its deepest. I will probably be out between 7-15 ft.

Come to think of it, how far down would the fish be if it is still cold as fuck and 5 am in the morning?

Pic unrelated, I hope to get my first related pics tomorrow.
>>
>>746096

Orange kayak was a solid idea f5oe the ocean. Dont want to run run over by some drunk dick in a fuckhuge boat lol.

Let my buddy use my kayak for the firsr time today. Traded off between the yak and the shore. He caught two pickerel and a bass, i got 5 picks and this crappie. Was pretty big actually.

I took some gopro footage, but idk if ill edit it into a vid. Only got 1 catch on film and the angle was weird.

Saltwater is heating up here, gonna start trying for stripers next week. Get that spinfisher wet finally lol.
>>
Why is literally all American fishing about lures? Do you just not have a reason to use floats or baited/weights?
>>
>>746255
10 pound mainline for bass then put a leader of 4-6 pound test on for trout
>>
>>746258
>go to any fishing spot in America that is somewhat known
>see floats in the trees.

Everyone uses worms sometimes, not too many people talk about it.
>>
>>746258
Actually most people I know use live bait more than lures
Part of it is the convenience
Its easier to wander through the woods with a backpack full of lures than a bucket full of minnows to worry about keeping alive
>>
>>746258

Just speaking for me, I got bored of baitfishing when I was a kid. I find it much more enjoyable to trick a fish into eating something that isn't actually food. It's also a much more active method of fishing.
>>
>>746258
>>746267
This
What is there to talk about with a hook bobber and splitshot with a worm dangling off the end? We've all been doing that since the first time we went fishing for gills with pappy at age 6
>>
>>746270
This, it's boring to plop out an earthworm and leave it be. It's more fun to twitch a worm or pull a crankbait
>>
>>746251
TY
>>
>>746258
That's freshwater. Unless it's dawn or dusk, most people use cut bait.
>>
File: PHISH.jpg (242KB, 960x960px)
PHISH.jpg
242KB, 960x960px
>>745237
Picked up two feisty browns today in the canal. Let the small one go. Ate this tasty bastard.
>>
>>745270
Mmm, dats a sexy brook. Still hunting my first.
>>
File: 20160421_144441.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160421_144441.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>746300
Best of luck, man... Are they tough to come by? I was very surprised to find them in my dinky suburban Creek.
>>
>>746299
sheeit i bet he was tasty
>>
>>746312
That's a brookies, and a big one too
>>
>>745237
hey goys

gonna do some bass fishin

I got 3 rods and want to know what you guys think what I should throw on em

i got some quantum 6'6 medium moderate spinning rod (walmart special some years ago)

a medium moderate magnum cranking rod same length (skeet reese rod) baitcast

and a Medium/heavy extra fast shimano sellus 7'2 baitcast

I was thinking of throwing dropshots on the spinning rod

was thinking of sticking to shallow crankbaits on the second rod as its cranking specific and a glass rod as well (I got it for $40 on clearance at basspro one day and its a thick ass rod)

and thinking of texas rigging and throwing spinnerbaits and maybe some light bottom jigging on the M/H rod

the places I will be fishing will generally all be shallow water, around 0-6 and at most maybe 8-10 ft with stained water even downright muddy

I want to know some opinions on what I can use on these rods and if I should change out anything, like what other types of lures I can use on each rod, what rod should I throw poppers on, what strength line I can use on each to give more versatility in using different lures etc.
>>
Some skidin' minnows and some Skidin jigs. Easy to make with left overs from other flies. Getting the most of my maribou
>>
>>746335
I bet one of those bigger ones in black with just a bead head like bottom right would be good to dead drift like a wooly bugger
>>
>>746312
Well they aren't tough to come by, they're a little above my elevation though, and all of the ones I've come across in the local canals are more finicky than the german browns. It's my goal to catch my first brook, and first kokanee salmon this year.
>>
>>746335
Also that second one down on the right I bet would look good with a little more marabou at the front so it's kind of like poof then The body then poof again
>>
>>746258
It's hard to catch lizards

>>746356
I shouldn't even reply, but seriously Bruh? He's helping someone out and you're gonna bitch?
>>
>>745523
Atta sport
>>
>>746326
Hmm, lure weights all come down to line choice in the end, especially of you are using mono. If I were spooling them with mono, I would probably go 6lb-8lb on the 6'6" Quantum, 10lb on the Skeet Reese; 12lb-15lb on the MH Shimano.

With that, you could use the Quantum to run spinners and cranks with no weeds, the Skeet Reese for heavier cranks and Texas rigs, and the Shimano for topwater and any time you may have to rip through a lot of weeds.

>>746335
Dankbudz f@m
>>
File: 20160417_124310.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px)
20160417_124310.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Almost that time again. Gona rock all 3 marine batteries in the canoe this Sunday, 3AM to 6PM.
>>
>>746369
incredibly jelly of this setup
>>
What knot do you to tie a lead line to swivel.
>>
>>746405
isn't pallomar standard?
>>
>>746258
I like fishing lures because it adds an element of skill that isn't present in using live or cut bait and with lures I can make many more casts because it's not just toss the line out and wait for x minutes until something does or doesn't bite

Lures allow for an essentially infinite number of presentations
>>
>>746258
Lures fishing also keep me actively looking for fish instead of waiting for the fish to come to me. Therefore, I get even better results sometimes. Some species are also picky and only take live bait. It's a pain in the ass to acquire and keep baits alive while lures will always work if you pick the right one out of the box and use it right. I don't want a fishing trip ruined because I can't get some live bait. The best tasting and best sport fish are also the ones who tend to go for live bait only rather than scavengers that can be caught with cut bait.

The feeling of the fish hitting a lure is great and you can't get the same feeling using regular bait.
>>
>>746420
>The feeling of the fish hitting a lure is great and you can't get the same feeling using regular bait.

I kind of disagree. The act of catching a mackerel, live lining him, controlling where he goes, then getting a striper to hit is a pretty cool feeling. Bonus points for 40"+
>>
>>746507
>>746420
But nothing
NOTHING
Feels like getting a fish on fly
>>
>>746256
>Orange kayak
I thought so too
>spinfisher
I still have to spool mine. the 6500 holds 400+ yd of 30 braid. FML....
>stripers
The big ditch report just came in. About to read that. Schoolies 20" and under have been around according to reports
>>
>>746258
I'm allowed 2 lines so I usually do one live or soft bait and the other lure.
I prefer lure becuase I feel I'm more involved with the catch.
>>
>>746369
Is that a magnetic strip? I like the idea.
>>
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
250 for 7 rod/reels and tackle...FML

https://capecod.craigslist.org/spo/5552449686.html
>>
>>746538
Only problem is it's all older stuff. If that's what you're into, that's cool though.

I was on CL and a guy was asking $150 for a Shimano Symetre and I think the other was a Penn Battle or something nice and they were both on Shimano rods. They were newer too.
>>
>>746541
battle II is 100-125 new so that's not a bad deal.

I probably won't even look at this. I don't need it and already have enough rods for now
4 for salt
1 fly rod
5-6 fresh
>>
>>746550
The Symetre is $100 as well. And I forget the name of the Shimano rods, but I looked online and they go for around $80ea.

Only problem buying big sets like you posted is you may only use one or two of the rods and who knows about the tackle. If dude wanted like $50, it wouldn't even matter.
>>
I need new fly line. I bet a lot of my casting issues can be explained by using 8 wt line on a 7 wt rod
>>
>>746550
What's the fly rod?
>>
File: quarrow_fine_river.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
quarrow_fine_river.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>746566
5/6 wt loaded w/ 5
Quarrow Fine River cheapo so I can try fly. Looking for a decent used
>>
File: clousers.jpg (517KB, 3648x2736px)
clousers.jpg
517KB, 3648x2736px
Fly fishing lakers tomorrow. Peak season, 15-20 lb fish in 5 feet of water.
>>
>>746568
You need a few more fly rods
Then you're not set on rods!
Get a good used 5 or 6 wt for trout and bass, then get a 2 or 3 wt for panfish and an 8 wt with fighting butt and you can hit salt and bigger freshwater game like pike and salmon
>>
>>746574
Did you tie those? Been meaning to learn clousers, yours look really clean.
>>
File: 20160423_110151.jpg (619KB, 2048x1350px)
20160423_110151.jpg
619KB, 2048x1350px
Does Wright and McGill own eagle claw? Because my eagle claw fly rod says "Wright and McGill co. Denver, co" on it's side
>>
Goin to meet up with muh nigga from work. He says we gotta go to Dick's so I'm sure I will end up buying more shit I don't need.

>>746584
Yes, same company
>>
>>746593
what was pic
>>
>>746598
I meant to post the pic of muh nigga bow fishing in his socks and sandals but accidentally posted a flowchart of requirements for commercial vehicles.
>>
>>746593
I didn't know that
>>
>>746600
Try again
>>
>>746602
There's only a handful of parent companies that own pretty much everything when it comes to fishing tackle.

>>746605
The CDL pic?
>>
>>746610
No the one you intended to post
>>
>>746600
Im interested in flowchart desu.
>>
>>746575
>need a few more
definitely need a 9wt for salt
>>
>>745890
i guess no one has experience with this shit anyone want shitty old fly rods?
>>
>>746614
I've posted it before.

I'm confused. Told dude I was heading over, get to his apt and his car is sitting here wide open with his shit scattered all over. Not answering his phone. It's like he got kidnapped or something.

All his fishing stuff and a playstation controller n some expensive shit is scattered on the ground too. Wtf.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 700x695px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 700x695px
>>746615
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>746618
Forgot pic for this one. His car with shit just scattered everywhere. I picked up all the fishing stuff.
>>
>>746618
>>746622
Nvm, he just fightin with his crazy girl
>>
>>746617
I've always trashed a rod if the reel seat breaks but I've never had any of real value either.
>>
File: image.jpg (676KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
676KB, 2448x2448px
Rootbeer with a chartreuse tail is literally the best color I've ever used for dusk/night bass fishing. I literally caught 7 bass last night. All of them were within 1-3 casts apart. I wanted something a little bit cheaper than my inspector gadget lure that I can throw in areas with heavy cover so I got some DOA swim shads in rootbeer with a chartreuse tail. I'm gonna try them out tonight.
>>
>>746630
its not really of any reel worth, maybe 200 dollars if it wasnt broken
>>
>>746618
>like he got kidnapped or something
>wtf
FLA...
>>
>>746634
Looks good. Reminds me of those Zoom worms I got the other day. Watermelon with the chartruese tail.
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 1000x1000px)
image.jpg
129KB, 1000x1000px
>>746634
Also, should I use a jig head or a weighted weedless hook? I've heard some paddle tail lures don't swim right unless they're bottom weighted.
>>
>>746640
I have pretty good luck using jigheads on paddle tails. It's the split tail ones that like to spin around if they aren't rigged absolutely perfect.

>>746636
I'm so glad I'm not married to a ratchet black bitch. Dude is only 23 too, I couldn't imagine being married so young.
>>
>>746620
Neat thanks.
I love flowcharts and infographics of things i aint familiar with.
>>
>>746641
How do you rig split tails? I got a bag of those I haven't been able to get to work right
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 370x602px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 370x602px
>>746645
Those are US laws though, so wouldn't apply to you.
>>
>>746321
Mhmmm
>>
>>746647
Idk, I would try the weighted hooks with those. I have a couple Gulp split tails but have better luck with paddle tails so almost always use those instead.

They work ok if I use them as a trailer on a spinner, or sometimes I can get them to swim straight with a beetle spin or underspin.
>>
>>746648
Obviously lol.

That ones interestin.
>>
I normally fish saltwater and my freshwater experience is limited to stormwater ponds and dale hollow lake in kentucky once a year. Im going up to boone, nc for a couple days here shortly and wanted to try my hand at trout fishing. I've done as much research as i can do online about methods but i still feel like im going to get destroyed. Would anyone like to share a few tips?
>>
>>746617
I'll take whatever your throwing away in leiu of fly's lol.

I'm pretty sure I can fix them. If not I know a few rod builders who can.
What makes/models.
>>
>>746669
il probably try to fix some
>>745889
>>
>>746669
>>746674
and i never throw away but may try to sell
>>
>>746674
You could make a trnkara rod out of one, like what eastcaguy uses for his loach
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>746677
the only one light enough is the bristol built and that ones too nice to fuck up
>>
>>746684
Yeah I wouldn't do it to a bristol
>>
File: image.jpg (774KB, 2448x2448px)
image.jpg
774KB, 2448x2448px
I went with the jig head for the DOA's
>>
File: image.jpg (789KB, 2448x2448px)
image.jpg
789KB, 2448x2448px
I also got weighted 5/0's for the split tails for when the snook start swimming closer to shore
>>
>>746525

Use some 20#mono backing, cut it down to 300 yards. That should be more than enough, and the 20" should hold up if you ever get down to it
>>
>>746690
You didn't go for the ones with the lil corkscrews? Either way, let me know if those swim well.
>>
>>746697
thx, that's what I was thinking as well. May even drop to 15 mono with some of what I've been reading but probably 20. I have to buy it. Only mono I have that's high test is 30 and that crap is like cable.
>>
>>746700
The didn't have them. I'm gonna try them soon.
>>
>>746704
I know, I normally use those offset ones for worms with a bullet weight but I want to try out the type with the little spring
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>746707
Forgot pic
>>
>>746708
fuck i forgot i wanted to try those fuckers
>>
>>746711
Yeah they look good for some of the swimbaits. Some of the shaky head jigs I got have those little springs. I'm gonna try em this afternoon.
>>
>>746617
I'll take them I might be able to revive them
>>
>>746674
>>746675
>>746715
Let the bidding war start

1$+ shipping cost
>>
>>746720
look up the models i posted to see if you would want them, the bristol built is a really nice bamboo rod
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 640x1136px
I wanted to add that I got my coworker dude set up with some Pepsi Jr stuff. He needed to replace his Adidas box with something more practical to carry his tackle in, so he got pic related. Also got 20lb Power Pro to replace the 12lb Suffix mono he had on that Sedona 4000 combo. He grabbed some more baitholder hooks, kept him from buying some small worm hooks. And then he got a Mepps Agila #3 in brown and gold (perfect lure) and some dude was talking to us and he said he was killing it with a chatter bait the other day so dude grabbed a white one.

I was just happy to see him get rid of the shoe box.

>>746720
Kek

You either need to save up and buy something you really like or buy up a ton of old shit for really cheap, fix it up, and try to make some money on it.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 600x449px
>>746690
You could try some of these too. I like them when I want a slimmer profile. I also have an irrational fear of the weight on the bottom looking unnatural and spooking fish so I use these.
>>
>>746736
At that point, you might as well just get the Storm swimbaits. Those look the most realistic of anything.

A lot of those swimbaits will also have slots on the top and bottom too. You can hide the weighted side on the bottom and the hook stays in the groove on the top.
>>
who here has an fishing mancave?
>>
>>746740
Storm doesn't have all the neat colors tho. I normally only use hooks like that on swimbaits that have a head, because my autism doesn't like when the lure has two heads using a jig.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>746742
Reminds me I ended up giving pic related to the mechanic at my work. I think he has more of a man cave in his garage than I do. My man cave is my living room and I didn't want to keep it in there.

>>746746
Their natural shad (or maybe the Tsunami ones) are really realistic looking, I like those for clear water a lot.
>>
>>746759
im working on turning my 12x12( i think) into a workshop/mancave
>>
Are spearfishermen welcome here?

Will underwater pictures of the tackle left by casual fishermen in rec spots trigger you guys?
>>
>>746697
went with the 20 Now I'm the proud owner of 900 yds of mono....
>>
>>746765
take it and send it to us casuals
>>
>>746759
Just made my first ever catch with the Shimano Sellus sedano combo you recommended

Largemouth good 3-4 lbs

Caught him on a Texas rigged 5" yamasenko worm
>>
>>746767
By casual fishermen I mean the grandpas with their 7 year old grandsons that fish 10ft from the parking lot near a dam. The fishing line is so thick near the shore it looks like a cast net.
>>
>>746769
Yee. I have been keeping an eye out for those in-store but looks like they are pretty much just online now. I would prefer a 3000 or 2000 size instead of the 4000 they come with, but that would still be nice for running heavier jigs with ~30lb braid.
>>
>>746770
nah i love seing neat shit underwater, i would do it in my river but it spooks me
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px)
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>746772
The one I got is a 6'6" rod with pic related reel
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Was passing this random canal and decided to stop by. Been here <10min and have had 2 nice largemouth on. First hung me up in lilles and second jumped off before I could get him up the hill.

>>746776
Damn, that's the size I would want.
>>
>>746765
I would love to see both
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Buying these just because of the color name. Also in acedemy right now. What's a neat lure I should try.
>>
>>746641
the split tail one aren't meant for swimming. They are jerk bait so you are supposed to jerk then pause for a while and let them fall. They make good darts across the bottom.

I usually wait from 5 to 10 sec between each jerk/twitch

Look up video of zoom fluke underwater.
>>
File: 20151229_222342.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151229_222342.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>746766

Berkeley big game? Lol, backing material for the next two years!
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>746798
Yeah it seems like the split tails would be more suited for something like those shakey head jigs. I might try that tonight. I'm hoping dis nigga hits me up soon, I have purposely been avoiding my few good fishin holes until he comes out just because I want him to get a few largemouth.

Anybody need some headphones?
>>
>>746794
That one's almost like a watermelon, right? Sparkly green?
>>
>>746809
Yeah it's a little darker than watermelon
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Gander Mtn's clearance bins aren't nearly as good as they were right after Xmas.

I like those NetBait tiny crawdads. I always have those Mayans interested in the soft plastics but they are way too big. I think those will work well on a tiny jig with those fuckers.

$2 "Diamon Shad" is for coworker bro so he can fill out his tackle box.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>746819
These Owner jigheads are interesting too.
>>
File: whytho.jpg (50KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
whytho.jpg
50KB, 208x250px
>>746819
>tfw I was just at the northlake gander mtn
>>
>>746824
Yeah I would rather go to Bass Pro but I was up here anyway and wanted to see if they had anything good left in the clearance bin.

That canal I was at earlier is right off 45th St, just east of 95 by the Burger King on the north side of the street. Those couple bass I had on were nice. Might be worth checking it out at some time besides 2pm and sunny and hot. If you are close to that area of course.
>>
>>746819
>>746824

Tfw my gander mountain is right across from an AFB that's doing an airshow today. Sitting on top of my car watching planes and shit. Bought a new rod too.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 500x753px)
image.jpg
82KB, 500x753px
Hnnng
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 500x549px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 500x549px
>>746839
Same girl? Looks like the same boat. That other largemouth is HUGE.
>>
>>746839
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 594x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 594x444px
>>746841
Saved for future threads. I think these pics are much better than when I was posting my own pics the first 20 threads. Lots of milfs with fake boobs but it takes some searching to find real QTs.
>>
File: 20160423_161359.jpg (893KB, 2048x1350px)
20160423_161359.jpg
893KB, 2048x1350px
Well looks like I. Putting off waders and a kayak or fly rod a while longer
Look what I found doing my fork seals
>>
>>746839
>>746840
>>746846
something's growing in my pants!

guy i was fishing wish today caught no shit a 10# largemouth, biggest bass i ever saw and i'm jealous as fuck
could've easily double fisted its mouth with room to spare
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 655x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 655x800px
>>746865
Dude who was talkin to me and coworker dude, I guess he's friends with a couple guys who are basically pro fisherman. One dude runs charters on Okeechobee or some shit.

But he was showing us some pics of 7lb+ largemouth. Idk if it's just difficult gettinf them from shore or I'm unlucky, but the biggest latgemouth I ever get ate 4lb-5lb, and the biggest I've ever seen caught was the one my lil bro got that was probably right around 5lb.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 736x490px
Srs question- what are these fish? They have a mouth like a catfish.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 351x518px)
image.jpg
56KB, 351x518px
>>746871
>>
>>746871
It's a cobia.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Damn that was cool. If you haven't ever seen the blue angels in person before you should.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>746884
Forgot my trip.

Anyway bought this frog because it had a neat color scheme and was on sale.
>>
>>746040
I've heard and read multiple sources saying that fish see colour, and also some of the UV spectrum.

Recently I also read an article that says trout see colour but can't see red, it appears as a shade of grey. The same article again mentioned UV vision and said trout see blue and purple excellently.
Which, if true, means that the red colour that's so common on mepps spinners or flies like the Zulu isn't actually doing much, it just looks pretty to us.

I recently tied a Zulu fly with a fluorescent yellow tag instead of red, I'll have to see if it's any more effective.
>>
re ordered mtb and ltb at my grandparents place, also waiting on cabellas shitting
>>
File: tigertruck.jpg (484KB, 888x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tigertruck.jpg
484KB, 888x1280px
>tfw you were going to go fishing day ago but a neighbor warns you about this

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/22/us/tiger-found-wandering-streets-of-suburban-houston/
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
First observation of shaky head jigs- they pick up a lot more shit compared to Texas rigs.

>>746876
Thx bruh

>>746884
Been there, Chicago Air & Water show was GOAT back in the day, especially with jets coming out from behind buildings and shit

>>746890
Lots of companies make UV lures too. Mepps does, and I have some Rapala UV divers.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Setting the hooks on these is just so much fun. It's like playing music because of the timing.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>746911
What color is that? Looks neat.

Pic is today's haul
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>746926
Pic related. I like it because the chartruese isn't super bright like those black ones with the chartruese tails

Time for a new thread
>>
>>746928
I'm gonna have to get some of those. I got the black ones because the water around me is still basically mud.
>>
>>746819
If you want a tiny craw to catch Mayans, get the trout magnet ones, they're like an inch.
>>
>>746867
Alot of those big okeechobee largemouth get caught with live shiners. If you want to stick with lures, biggest hard swimbait you can find. Like the ones that got popular in cali. Bonus points for gold color.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.