[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fellow sc/out/s I'm taking my girl scouts hiking this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 500x_hale.jpg (219KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
500x_hale.jpg
219KB, 500x700px
Hey fellow sc/out/s

I'm taking my girl scouts hiking this weekend. Most of the time we'll spend on walking, making camp, cooking and finding fire wood.
Apparently this is boring.

What other activities could one prepare to liven things up?
>>
File: DSCN8046.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8046.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>744607
I've come up with this so far
>making macramè and leather belt
>riddles
>collecting leaves and other flora to press dry and identify when we get home
>make songs about bacon
I wish I could come up with more outdoorsy stuff.
>>
>>744612
Throwing fork?
>>
Think about what they would answer when you ask the question "what would you like to do/learn tonight" Then educate yourself about all the possible answers, and come up with fun ideas relating to each answer. If all else fails, bring stuff to make smores with and tell stories? You could also try bringing some amethyst/quartz along and give them each a piece, make up some stuff about how rocks are special. You can keep their minds occupied!
>>
scissoring.
>>
>>744607
Make a lean-to or some kind of semi-perminent shelter. That is what I did with my boyscouts and every time we backpack there we repair/improve it. Will attempt to find picrelated.

If it's a backpacking trip, then teach them mountaineering and navigation skills

Teach them survival skills. Snares, shelter, water purification, etc.

If male, put it in their butt.

Bring a bow, set up a shooting range.

Personally, I think geology is cool so I say teach them about how/ when the mountains or landscape was formed but YRMV.

Build carins so we /out/doorsman have something to kick

Warn them about skin walkers and the goat man

I'm also a history nut. I'd enjoy hearing about an areas historical significance but again, YRMV

Carve spoons

Make a Dutch oven meal if not backpacking. Bonus points if you are back packing with a Dutch oven

Inform them why hammocks are superior to tents

If they're young, play camouflage. It kept kids busy at the camp I worked at too

>red-light green-light but you can't be spotted
>best played at night
>one person counts down from 3
>once done, turns around and shines a flashlight to try and spot anyone
>losers go back to the beginning point.

Do a service project

Poop in a river

Teach first aid

The options are limitless but I hope this helps
>>
File: 2016012295221318.jpg (368KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2016012295221318.jpg
368KB, 2560x1440px
>>744782
Best picture I have makes it look like horse shit (its actually a relatively good shelter) but you get the idea.
>>
>>744785
Hippies smoke dope and fuck in there, Im sorry to be the one who breaks this to you anon
>>
>>744798
I've though about other people using it but I still have my doubts. Theres never any sign of it so either they clean up well or don't leave trash. It's also about 3/4 mile off the trail and we just do some orienteering out to it. Its cus there's a no permanent structure policy.
>>
>>744798
As long as we leave no trace I don't see what you're so mad about.

Archery, foraging, and bushcrafting are things I enjoy and bet they would too.
>>
>>744978
This ->
>>
>>744782
this...but hide and seek could backfire pretty quickly.

Also would add drying meat...
>>
>>744978
I'm not mad, I'm just saying one day a kid will be like "sc/out/master, something sticky landed on my head. why does it taste so salty?" and next thing you know cop's will be asking you why your scouts are covered in semen.
>>
>>744785
Man your """""""shelter""""""""" looks like a shitty fence.
>>
>>745226
Lol like I said, the picture does it zero justice
>>
>>744782

>Warn them about skin walkers and the goat man

I really wouldn't worry about them....
>>
Considering some of the girls are freaking out about axe murderers already, I'm not gonna add fuel to the fire.
>>
Just make a campfire and hot dogs/burgers, talk about how much you hate your husband. Drink a lot and get mad when the girls start playing celebrity music on their phones. Then go to sleep.
>>
All went well
they saw and learned a lot
>candy dicipline
>knife throwing
>the joys of bacon
>poop mostly boar
>how to poop in the woods
>writing harry potter fan fiction
And lol at ever allowing kids to bring their smart phones on a hike.

>having a husband
>drinking while in charge of kids
Anon I'm not from freedom.
>>
You should start by posting a picture of you in your girl scout leader uniform. Then i will gladly assist. Trust me, in a doctor.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 550x498px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 550x498px
>>747508
Would you still want that pic if I tell you I'm male?
>>
>>747536
Oh, oh no. I hope you have a daughter in the group. Otherwise you are a very questionable individual.
>>
>>744607
Why does everyone push to get girls into boyscouts?

Why do women ruin everything
>>
>>747568
I'm a great guy.
>>
>>747576
Wait, so you don't have a daughter in the den?
>>
>>747585
No.
>>
>>747505
What did you eat? Do you let the kids take part in the cooking process?

Next time make smoked jerky with the girls so they can take it home and share with their families. Maybe practice how to make bread over the coles.
>>
>>747594
We ate
>oatmeal porridge
>pasta a la carbonara
>pork steak bbq with boiled potatoes and sauce bearnaise
>foil cooked corn cobs, spring onions, string beans, garlic and mushrooms
>egg noodles with squash, bacon, leek and sweet chili sauce
>carrots, kiwis, apples, crackers
>grilled banana with choccolate and fudge sauce
Kids cooked their own meals with our supervision.
Good idea about the jerky making. I just need something to appease the vegetarians.
>>
>>747598
>vegetarians
let them make grass and pine tar jerky
>>
>>745226
Unbalanced quotes. You suck at life.
>>
>>747598
That's a nice list of meals you got there anon. For the vegetarians maybe you could try drying/smoking berries. Never done it myself but saw it in this ray mears episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6dt8jt5j70

This is the segment on that episode. Maybe it can work with whatever berries you have around:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWsFXcLshSo
>>
>>747585
It's OK if he's gay.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.