[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you ever had to defend yourself from a wild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 17

Have any of you ever had to defend yourself from a wild animals while /out/?
>>
>>743162
Yes son, I did. It was the most traumatizing experience I ever head, and I thank my lord and savior I made it alive.
>be me in 2015
>be inna Scottish Highlands
>be really happy because air is so clear and not polluted, it is a joy to breath
>little did I know that this very breath will bring up the most dreaded and bloodthirsty creature the northern hemisphere knows
>the CO2 in my breath lures this killer to me, no way to escape his fine senses, no way to hide or outrun him
>Midges, thousands of the little fuckers, a black cloud of midges
>adrenaline rushing into my brain, all instinct says fight for your life, no giving up
>the rest of it is blurred into one bloody rage, I went berserk and must have killed hundreds of them
>hours later I find myself alone in a secluded bothy, badly bruised and bleeding, but still alive
>I will never forget the day, never been this close to death, never starred directly into his ugly face before, but at least now I am not afraid anymore
>I AM NOT AFRAID
>>
I shot a bear that was acting aggressively
>>
>>743169
No you didn't.
>>
>>743170
Umm yeah I did dude. It was while I was hiking on my property in Perry Sound Ontario and I had to call the MNR
>>
Fucking kek at this thread
>>
Yeah I got a story for you. A while back I was involved in a plane crash in northern Canada. I think they made a small story of it but it wasn't ever a cover story

>be me
>work with an oil company in Alaska
>basically keep wild animals from fucking shit up
>hunt for a living
>feelsgoodman.png
>company sends me on a flight to the lower 48

This part is where I'm a little at a loss. I don't remember much about the plane going down but I remember luggage flying around and deafening noise from the cabin. Luckly, I made it because I had my seat belt buckled and my tray tabe in the upright position

>8 or 9 of us make it out
>everyone is a bit scratched up but this one dude is maimed rather badly
>literialautists.gif
>try to tell them to go make a fire
>try to tell them to conserve heat
>grab a steam knife from first class while looking for mythical survival kit
>deciede we need to go inna woods bc it's fucking windy out here
>hear wolves in the distance
>everyone is flipping a shit but me.
>see two off I the woods
>this idiot next to me starts waving fire around like a jackass
>we manage to kill one with steak knife, but the Flannery dude is dead
>Wolf is now dinner

>next morning
>fucking cold
>Burke guy is frozen
>fuck
>there like 5 of us now
>deciede To go down into this canyon where there's water
>water = ice
>somebody slips and falls
>falls about 90 feet, he's not moving
>figure he is either dead or passed out
>Diaz says he's too tired to go on
>whythefucknot.jpeg
>leave Diaz
>get to the frozen bottom on the canyon
>Hendrick tries to break ice
>Hendrick breaks ice
>Hendrick under ice
>briefly consider the concaquences
>leave him because I'm not dying of hypothermia
>mfw I'm all alone
>mfw there's wolves again
>take out little glass bottles of fire ball whiskey from the plane
>seccure to hands
>break the glass
>glassknuckles.bmp
>see the alpha male wolf
>proceed to fight the alpha male with glass bottles taped to fingers
>>
>>743173
>killing bears in ONTARIO
I'm from Ontario too. Did you enjoy your cheap excuse to use your little gun, tough boy? I have nothing against hunting/killing animals, but reading this was just ridiculous. Did shooting a black bear make you feel like a man? There's no grizzly's here you prick, and even my daughter can scare off a black bear. What a coward.
>>
>>743181
Stay mad bitch boy
>>
>>743179
>>
>>743183
Yeah I'll stay mad that the process to get guns here is so tough and yet they still give pieces of shit like you permits so you can have your 5 minutes of glory from killing an animal that's the equivalent of a dog from the woods. Your response just shows your level of maturity, too. Doesn't surprise me at all that a black bear scared you senseless, you damn woman.
>>
>>743184
Really dude? It's from a fucking movie.
>>
>at omas cottage walking down driveway
>suddenly moose!
>oh no the hooves! watch out for the hooves!
>"mooses cannot climb steps"
>run up steps
>moose cannot climb steps
>moose wanders around being gay or something

i guess by defense you mean blowing its brains out instead of running. running is a good defense

kicked a rabid goose in the head once
>>
>>743178
yeah these threads threads are ridiculous, aggressive animal encounters are such a small part of the problems you face while /out/ its incredible how common these threads are. There are far greater risks.
>>
>>743211
it is the easiest thing to fear while you over look all the more likely things that will lead you towards doom
>>
>>743173
You can't even spell your own town though? It's Parry sound, what would Bobby Orr say...
>>
>>743162
No. I'm british, the biggest dangerous animal is someone's dog.
The biggest most dangerous WILD animal is a fucking deer. Hit one of those on the road, and it might kill you.
The biggest most dangerous wild animal to a human on foot, other than another human with a knife, is a rat. And they're seldom found /out/. I've literally got more chance of being bitten by one at work than anywhere else.
>>
>>743162
>backpacking on popular trail in the Sierra
>a week walk from the parking lot
>setting up camp
>"there coming right at us!"
>aggressive rodent circling camp
>chased it away again and again
>watching us for any break in defenses
>post full time guard to watch for rodent attacks
>keep watch until night fall
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance
>Saw a guy coming over Lamarck with a mangled boot
>upper half gone and patched with duct tape
>"dude, what got ya?"
>"it was raining and I put my boot under some rocks where it got eaten by a rodent"
Those little fuckers never quit, and they can carry the plague
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46KB, 620x400px
>>743184
>posting on /out/
>never watched the gray
>mfw
>>
>>743244
in Tunder Bay they can't even pronounce their own town
>>
>>743269
Thats some hardcore shit there buddy, I feel with you. Did you have yourself checked for PTSD? Fucking critters can skeletize a grown up man in 6 minutes straight.
>>
>>743185
>>743181
>black bears are harmless!
>there is no way a black bear could be aggressive that's only grizzlies and polar bears!
>>
>>743179
>>743179
Once more into the fray...
>>
>>743181
You're delusional dude. Black bears van be just as dangerous as browns. I also had to put one down years ago. The thing was charging and being all around aggressive in our back yard. Called up the MNR, they said they would have someone out as soon as they could, to call 911 if anyone is injured, and if we had any guns. Told them we had a few rifles, and they said we could shoot it ONLY if it was an immediate threat. It got a little too close to the house and I shot it. Called them up again, half an hour later a CO shows up in his little white striped pickup and hauls it away after talking for a few minutes.

I'm going to bet you've never actually encountered a bear. They're wild animals, sometimes pushing 300lbs. They ARE dangerous, and can really fuck up your day if you just treat them like some neighbourhood dog.
>>
Closest I had was being stalked by a cougar up near crane prairie reservoir in Oregon. I was sitting around the campfire late at night when my dog started going crazy barking into the darkness. I shined a flashlight and got to watch two green eyes prowl back and forth for a few minutes. I slept with a shotgun next to me that night and my dog woke me up a few more times barking. The next morning I found the footprints, very surreal experience.
>>
File: spoonNo3.png (70KB, 2550x3300px)
spoonNo3.png
70KB, 2550x3300px
>>743162
NOPE. because every scary fucking noise. is just an armadillo...
amiright guise?
>>
>>743770
Cougar is murdercat. I'm from Eastern Oregon and motherfuckers are scarier than shit.
>>
Ive rarely heard of black bears acting aggressive, only really when they have their cubs close by. I would rather bear spray it than shoot it.
>>
>>744005
I've mainly heard about it during autumn. While they're bulking up for hibernation.
>>
>>744005
Yeah, easier to draw, harder to miss.
>>
MY EXPERIENCE WAS THE WORST
>be me in 2010
>Hiking in the Russian Urals, alone....
>it's getting dark and I'm tiring
>"I better get a camp set up" I think to myself
>there's an opening in the trees
>very beautiful place, with a waterfall and deciduous trees all around
>the thick smell of pine is in the air, and the sound of Fox's and owls in the distance
>but I'm tired and barely notice much as I slump to my knees and begin the process of setting up my camp
>I have much experience with bears in the past and take no chances, I hang my bag up in a tree about 30 metres away from my camp site it has all the food, I then use my rope and wrap it around the camp, from tree to tree and attach my empty cans to the rope to alert if a bear comes investigating
>I then lie down in my tent and begin boiling some water to make a steamy brew
>but at that moment I begin to smell the thick smell of decaying flesh, don't ask me how I know that smell so well
>I take little notice, "it must be the wind pushing that smell towards my camp"
>but then I hear sounds in the bushes
>being a call of duty faggot, I grab my bush knife and prepare for the worst
>I was crouched in my, tent for hours with the sound of hustling and a low moronic sound like humming, if I could describe it best it sounded like a low pitch, KKKKKK
>my knees are starting to hurt at this stage, I stretch them out and remain seated
>but the thing must have known I was easing up
>it began shaking my tent and howling loudly
>"HELLO, HELLO, WHO ARE YOU"
>it's definitely not human
>I'm not going to wait for this thing to shred my tent and kill me whilst and I'm sat down like a dick head
>I grab the zip on my tent and yank it open as quickly as I could
>I jump out of my tent and spin around to face what ever this thing is
>but there's nothing there......
>i shudder and turn around looking all around me for what ever this this is
>and there in the bushes I see a round black rock of some kind
1/2
>>
>>744047
do you guys want to hear the wrest
>>
>>744051
post it fgt
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (27KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault (5).jpg
27KB, 1280x720px
>>744047
>the rock emerges from the bushes and I see a human man
>black
>maybe in his mid 30's
>bald (which explains the black rock)
>his fat lips pry apart and he utters the words
>TOP KEK
2/2
>>
The worst I've experienced was having a ~180lb feral pig run at me while I was hunting them at night using a rifle + spotlight. I'm not sure if he was charging me intentionally or if I just happened to be in the direction he decided to run once the light spooked him but by the time I laid him down he was about 15 feet away. That's the only pig I've ever had run at me like that and I've walked into herds of piglets and sows on multiple occasions as well as encountered several lone 250lb+ boars in close proximity in the dark.

Oh, one time when I was little and walking around in the woods by the creek behind my parents house I felt something hitting my foot, looked down and I was standing on top of a copperhead that was desperately striking my boots. I wasn't in any danger since I was wearing tall rubber boots but it still spooked me how I didn't even see the snake until I was literally standing on top of it.
>>
>>744061
that's retarded my story was better
>>
>>744070
ok
>>
File: ha.jpg (44KB, 446x400px)
ha.jpg
44KB, 446x400px
>>743764
>It got a little too close to the house and I shot it
What was it going to do? Eat your house? You couldn't go inside?
>can really fuck up your day if you just treat them like some neighbourhood dog.
Some neighborhood dog can fuck up your day too. So can a donkey. So can a spider or snake.
Are you afraid them too? Or are you just afraid of everything?

One of the strangest things about this board is how many people are so scared and insecure /out/. I know many of the posters are in their 20s, but I wasn't that scared when I was that age. I blame the media
>>
>>743179
This reminds me of a movie i saw
>>
File: 61123004.jpg (500KB, 949x800px)
61123004.jpg
500KB, 949x800px
dog teeth = poultry shears
your flesh = poultry

first you use your arms fo defending yourself. but he bites you into the joints, into special points, he tooks only a few seconds to bring you down.

you can't do anything against it, because your soft flesh contains many nerves and blood vessels. your body is basicly like a jellyfish...
>>
>>744111
do you know how strong humans are compared to dogs?
>>
>>744113
but we lack the tenacity and fearlessness. that goes a long way.
>>
>>744115
>we lack the tenacity and fearlessness
are ... are we part of the same humanity?
>>
>>744113
>>744119

Humans are pussies compared to most animals though. Catching their little toe on a corner is enough to bring most people to the ground, even if the toe isn't broken. I've seen deer and feral pigs get entire legs blown off and run for over half a mile until they finally passed out from blood loss. I've seen a dog get kicked in the head by a horse so hard that it just laid on the ground twitching for like 10 minutes and then the little bastard got right back up and started chasing / barking at the horse again. I've seen a dog get bit on the nose by a cotton mouth, then grab that snake and shake it into pieces and then rip those pieces into smaller pieces all while his mouth was swelling up to the point that he could barely open it anymore.
>>
File: jumpy.jpg (51KB, 361x403px) Image search: [Google]
jumpy.jpg
51KB, 361x403px
>>744113
do you know
>your soft flesh contains many nerves and blood vessels.

the pain will defeat you. a real fight goes only for a few seconds. animal wins because it does it since million of years.(of course against an unarmed homo sapiens)

even a gazelle could kill you in an glimpse.
>>
>>744130
Stabbed people often don't notice being stabbed. Adrenaline!
>>
>>744165
Are you a troll or a retard or a gigantic pussy? Have you ever actually felt pain? Are you aware of athletes getting shit like elbow dislocation, fixing it themselves without judges seeing it (because disqualification or someshit) and continuing the match?
>>
>>743162

I posted this in another thread but here we go anyway.

>Be me, Ausfag
>Innawoods, offatrail
>Ground sheet, bugnet, tarp (no tent)
>Asleep
>Wake up to hear weird rasping noise in the distance
>Go back to sleep
>Wake up again some time later
>Same noise, now close to head and loud
>Brain not fully awake
>Think it's my dog trying to play with me
>"DOG FUCK OFF go back to bed"
>GRONK GRONK REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>wtf was that
>wake up, realise where I am
>grab torch in time to see small bushpig running for its life
>kek myself back to sleep
>>
>>743211

I think they're good because the majority of stories are 'this animal did a thing and then no consequences'. So it kind of shows that you don't need to be too worried as long as you take a normal level of precaution.

For example I'm an Ausfag and we have 10 of the 12 deadliest snakes, plus crocs, sharks, all the spiders etc etc and the worst that's happened to me is a bushpig came near me once, then another time I saw a snake, didn't step on it and it went away.

So yeah, go /out and you'll probably be fine.
>>
>>743775

A carving pattern for a fucking spoon? Seriously? kek
>>
>>743162
Nope, they generally turn 360 and moonwalk away when they see me, I generally feel lucky if I see something before it legs it.
>>
>>743162
Yes, while crossing a field returning from fishing creek i encountered a rat or possum that was confrontational. I wore it out with my rod. Then i ran away.

Come to think of it i laid into a snapping turtle with the same rod. .. bastard was just too curious.

In before muh peta animal rights feels.
>>
>>743770
He was just checking you out, if he was hungry he would have taken your dog. Those things are fast
>>
spent 30 minutes scaring a bear away, that's it
>>
>>744113
Irrelevant. A dog can out manouver you in seconds. You fall and you will be either dead or forever disfigured.
>>
I once told a sheep to fuck off and it just kept staring at me
>>
>>743162
> be me and my sister
> temperature -30c, laplands, hilly forests
> taking a short route through the forest to reach our skiing cabin.
> get stuck in snow, nearly impossible to move forward in the terrain.
> Wolf tracks everywhere.
> 30 min later.
> Actual wolfs everywhere, at 10-20 meters away.
> We scream and shout, throw things and they decide to not get any closer.
> We keep crawling our tasty asses back to safety.
>>
>>745281
one more, again passive aggressive.

> just chilling with my sister again
> it's late summer and we're hiking to a stream with two nice rocks to sit on.
> a huge moose is standing at our rocks.
> he doesn't move, we don't move, it's a stand off.
> "Fuck if he's high on testosterone or drunk on rotten apples."
> time goes by...we decide to slowly back away.
> out of sight, behind trees, I decide to spook him.
> played peek a boo with him but it didn't work, rock solid moose here.
> fuck it.
>>
>be 12
>explorin neighborhood woods that was connected to the state parks
>walking further and further into new territory but walking a straight line so know how to get back
>see weird shit like a 2 story tree house
>foundation of a stone house
>cars
>see a seemingly abandoned hut
>go in and look inside
>normal shit albiet pretty dirty and run down
>tables and chair, bed and bunch of shit
>homless guy comes in with a knife
>thinking I'm gonna die in the woods
>homless guy isn't crazy so he lets me go thinking I was some punks fucking with his shit again
>never go down into the woods ever again
>>
>>744047
Will anon ever finish the story?
>>
File: Dwight.jpg (54KB, 800x552px) Image search: [Google]
Dwight.jpg
54KB, 800x552px
>>745273
>>
File: 1436818380011.jpg (37KB, 522x720px)
1436818380011.jpg
37KB, 522x720px
>>744058
HOL UP

DID U KILL 'IM FAMALAM?
>>
Been chased by horses
Been attacked by 3 coyotes which I kicked the shit out of
Been chased by dogs
Chased by a water mocassin I found under a dock
Got dragged into a pond by a 100 pound turtle
Fought a whitetail buck during the rut
Came face to face with a cougar
Most of all I've been shot at more than once for trespassing

Among dozens of other things but those come to mind inmediately
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 259x194px)
images.jpg
4KB, 259x194px
>>743162
Yup, pic related. Damn thing was coming right for us!
>>
File: Koh_Kong_mangrove_forest.jpg (1MB, 2280x1541px) Image search: [Google]
Koh_Kong_mangrove_forest.jpg
1MB, 2280x1541px
I'm gonna go ahead and drop this shit here, some green text that I've never shared before.

>be floridafag canoeing through the brackish channels of the intra coastal waterway
>great morning, nobody in sight but qt gf
>serene Af
>see some snakes in the water, neat.
>fish for 3hrs and catch 3 keepers and see gator
>avoid gator to minimize risk of losing qt gf, since it's her first time and her 'canoe legs' are still fresh
>head down different channel, talk about how pretty he was
>hear all kinds of fucking commotion coming from the brush to the right of us, sounds like some asshole beating a bush with another bush
>crane flies out of bush
>"stupid bird almost scared the shi-WTF?!"

It's at this point in the green text that my gf completely lost her newly acquired canoe legs.

>Big Ass wild boar charges canoe from the brush, slowed down by mucky water, but still obviously charging us yelling his battle cry
>beat that motherfucker over the head with the wooden ore.
>gave no fucks, still REEEEE'ing like there's no tomorrow
>keep beating him with one hoping this dense motherfucker will redirect himself
>he rams canoe and tries to climb in
>gf let's out her battle cry, strategically tips canoe over in an effort to keep the boar out of it
>we are now neck deep in brackish predator and god-knows-what infested water with no fish or equipment and a pissed off boar.
>gg
>>
>>743162
Yeah I killed a snake once.

Counts, right?
>>
File: snek.png (197KB, 2000x1333px)
snek.png
197KB, 2000x1333px
>>745754

Why u hurt snek?
>>
>>744115
maybe you
>>
>be me
>innawoods
>chilling in my tent enjoying some music when i hear a low groan coming from the bushes
>check outside, see nothing and only hear some crickets in the grass nearby so return to muh music
>again a deep, low pitched groan this time much closer
>get nervous, stop listening to music to hear better
>check again, shine my flashlight in the bushes but still nothing
>whatever.jpg
>try to sleep
>almost asleep when i hear a groan right above me followed by a deep roar from neither beast nor man
>a huge, uneven shadow descends from the trees and falls crashing onto my tent completely destroying it
>it's a catkin, a wild liberal feminist living of the land on a diet of anything it can find, her body converting all she consumes into chunks of fat
>ohfuck
>she sensed me oppressing her by my white male privilege
>gasp for air as she breaks three of my ribs by her crashing fat
>triggered.jpg
>it lashes out but is too fit to move anymore as it consumed all of my food
>while it's down i grab mah kabar, struggeling to cut my way through a metric tonne of whale blubber
>she lets out an angry, panting roar as she is triggered by me oppressing her by defending myself and fat shaming through the struggle of cutting
>grab mah axe and chop my way to her stomach, the source of her fat furnance
>as i make my way through her fat the reduced external pressure means her stomach cant handle all the shit it holds
>it bursts
>the forest floods with a fucking tsunami of organic, natural dirt and shit mixed with the dicks of the unfortunate warriors of men
>i pass out from the stench and sheer exhaustion of hacking through fat and withstanding the tidal wave of stomach contents
>i awake from sweet sunlight hitting my sun, next to the corpse of the catkin feminazi the size of a monster truck
>the darkness has been lifted of this forest
>animals will return and in time the forest will return to it's former glory
Such is life in the liberal future of 2050
>>
>>745915
ooooh such badass over here you guise
>>
File: MamaBear11 - web.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px)
MamaBear11 - web.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>743162
One of my favorite life experiences was when a bear and her cubs wandered onto my campsite. I shot them all around a couple dozen times with my trusty Nikon and they wandered off. They did return briefly, and I shot them a few more times, but they weren't as close the second time so I was not accurate. This was still enough to scare them off, though.

I've been told many times that I was lucky and most people don't survive an encounter like that with a bear, I tell them that as long as they're carrying a trusty Nikon like mine, they have nothing to worry about. The Nikon is a great animal deterrent, especially with the bright flash when shooting, it's the only weapon I need to deal with wildlife.

Pic Related, it's a bear I shot with my Nikon.

No, anon, almost nobody has ever HAD to defend themselves from wildlife, but I'm certain lots of folks have pooped their pants and fired their Barret .50 cal at a fuzzy wuzzy for no good god damned reason.
>>
>>745921
Only Americans are scared of the outdoors.
>>
File: 17.png (8KB, 493x402px)
17.png
8KB, 493x402px
>>745923
Romans, Persians, Ottomans, Americans. These are the peoples in the history of civilization who have swept broadly across continents and conquored them. Being indegenous is easy, it's automatic.

Americans are the ones to do this most recently, by a long shot. It was only just the mid-to-late 1800s that the continent was settled by pioneers and the first railroads. My great grandfather was born in a wagon for chrissake. Some fat 15yr old Walmart cashier might be afraid of the outdoors, but Americans by and large are not.

>mfw the last European society to be truly /out/ was rolled by Julius Cæsar
>>
>hiking in backwoods Korea
>off on a critter path on the backside of a little mountain range I know well.
>Starts to get dark.
>I figure I should head into town
>meeting for beers later that night anyway
>pitch black now, just my headlamp and I
>bushwacking to get back to the dirt road.
>hopping down waterfalls and shit (not a good plan at night but whatever)
>wild pack of dogs appears
>can hear these fuckers trailing about 10m behind me.
>hear them start to circle around closer, I pick up my pace
>now these fuckers are 2m away, completely hidden by the very very thick brush I was walking through.
>pick up a giant rock and begin walking with it ready to bash a fool
>hear two or three of em in front me
>growling, clearly ready to bite
>fuck rabies
>chuck the rock as hard as I can
>hear a yelp and a bunch of whimpering as they run away
>power walk the 3km back to the road
>join my m8's for some beer and soju
>>
>>743162
I saw a mountain lion in Oklahoma and shot it as soon as I saw it.

When I called in to report it the official thanked me because Oklahoma is a real state and not some pretend state like Commiefornia that requires you by law to suck the mountain lion's dick and while apologizing for disturbing it.
>>
>>745919
>a wild liberal feminist living of the land on a diet of anything it can find

Actually anon I believe they exist on a diet of social media attention and forced outrage
>>
>>745921
>>745923
Either way, you are very lucky to survive. "respecting nature" does not guarantee that an animal won't kill you for literally no reason. And seriously? Stereotyping Americans as trigger happy animal killers is one thing, but standing next to a mama bear and her cubs taking photos like its some kind of cartoon is another. You could have easily winded up like Bearman and dozens of other people eaten alive by bears.
>>
>>745954
I'll take "things that never happened" for 600 Alex
>>
>>743179
Kek, It sounds like the plot of The Grey
>>
>>745271

My dog has killed plenty of yotes, bobcats, and hogs. I doubt a cougar would be much of a problem.
>>
>>745797
It ate my dog.
>>
>>746061
Bro if you don't believe me look up the wildlife department stance on mountain lions in oklahoma--it's shoot on sight.
>>
>>746054
Being able to take photos does not necessitate being a dumbass about it, it's not as if I ran up and hugged the thing. Damn, you sound like every other scared little shit. I carry bear spray, but in my three bear encounters I've never had to use it. Bears do not kill many people. Dogs kill more people than bears. You really can survive just by not being dumb.
>>
>>746233
And do you know why that is...? Because more people interact with dogs than bears. I assure you, bear attacks would go up if every one lived in Alaska or some place full of bears. But they don't, so bear attacks are rare. However when they do occur, it is because either the person was being an idiot like you mentioned, thinking they are just gentle giants or just in the wrong place at the right time. Animals do retarded stuff all the time. Killing a person without being provoked is one. All it takes is for one to stumble into your campsite and smell your boipussy and its game over.
>>
>>746245
This. There aren't tons of people roaming the woods so bear encounters are limited. Also bears will occasionally attack people in a predatory fashion, just look up the story of a black bear killing and eating two people in Algonquin Park.
>>
>>746282
He a good bear he dindu nuffin
>>
>>745931
You're like Bill Bryson in Korea
>>
>>744896
>bushpig
should've shot it, the less abos the better amirite?
>>
>>745928
Niggers fail every outdoor contest. America is niggers
>>
>>746245
>All it takes is for one to stumble into your campsite

So exactly what happened is all it takes for one to kill me. Got it. Listen, nobody's saying animals can't/won't ever kill people, but the vast majority of the time, it's not some random bullshit where the people are minding their own business and acting responsibly. And yes it's very obvious one reason for so few bear attacks is a lack of interaction, although with over 1,000 ER visits per day from dog attacks you have to wonder if there is that big a difference in attacks per interaction, the point is they don't do it often enough for people to react to seeing one in the wild by shooting it and claiming it was self defense. Despite what you terrified children think, bears aren't naturally aggressive toward people, even this bear with her cubs circled around the site and avoided coming close to me. If I'd shot it, I would not have been defending myself, I just would've been killing a beautiful creature that just smelled the food I recently cooked. As I said, I had my bear spray on me, actually in the hand not holding the camera after she showed up. And this bear was more comfortable approaching people than most bears in the wild, she'd clearly found food at campgrounds before and had decided it was worth the risk for her cubs to check it out again. It was definitely one of the more dangerous situations you can encounter with a bear, but nobody at the campground was attacked because nobody was stupid about it. Mind you, this was car camping, there were families with kids at other sites the bear roamed through. Everyone managed to not be terrified enough to shoot it, although several people were armed.

You can drone on about the worst case scenarios that almost never happen all you want, the fact is most bear encounters end with the bear and the people involved walking away unharmed.
>>
A swan lol. Nasty birds.
>>
>>743162
Yes, from a stray dog when I was a kid.
>>
Thought my friends and I were being stalked by a mountain lion in a dry river bed when we were 16/17. We just made a shit ton of noise and stuck together as we tacticooled back to the truck.

Lived in Western KS at the time. They're rare out there, but it's not unheard of to come across one.
>>
>>746628
Thank you for your sensible and well reasoned posts
>>
>>745931
>>746366

I'm still wondering where these backwoods are in Korea; the whole country exists just so people can build chicken and soju joints.
>>
>>746726

Did you kill it and eat it like the Queen does?
>>
Came across a black lab with no collar and no owner in sight on a trail a few weeks back. I had to put him down.
>>
>>745722
Did the bore go away? Your story is like MGS5; it lacks an ending.
>>
>>743179
I love how you assume nobody here has seen The Grey...
>>
>>747234
-Jeolla do mein nigga
-non touristy parts of parks
-anywhere between the major cities/highways

yea its a small country so you are not going to get USA level of bacwoods, but its still there.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.