[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would I be a fool to move from the USA (PNW specifically) to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (283KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283KB, 580x387px
Would I be a fool to move from the USA (PNW specifically) to southern Germany as a passionate /out/doorsman?
>>
>>738813
have you find a job or something?
>>
>>738813
yes

>/out/doors are not even near as good
>freedom you can't even compare
>Germans will even regulate at hours you can take a dump
>rapefugees are invading Germany and will turn it into a muslim country in a couple decades.
Don't seem the kinda place where you want to live and start a family,

If the money are good then go for it and get back to US to enjoy your monies and comfyness.
>>
I'm have put thought into do the same thing op. But can forget it if aren't familiar with the language, culture, and income.
I've been taking German for 3 years now and am still not confident language wise with living there. If you plan winging it and learning from the native speakers, you're going to have a tuff time. Seriously. And don't expect them to speak English for you either, a lot of doors of opportunity will shut quickly. It's the same way hear. You wouldn't want a foreigner to move to your country and request you speak their language.
This is also going to be a huge adjustment in living standards for you. If you don't have any connections, family, or friends already live abroad then your starting from scratch in a country you completely new to. Consult others and possibly fellow Germans as frequently before you commit to planning this.
>>
>>738819
>has never been to germany, but has been on /pol/
>>
You can't set up a tent anywhere you want. You cant start a campfire anywhere you want..

What do you want to do innawoods?

Greetings from germany.
>>
>>738827
Do all that shit but don't get caught?
>>
>>738825
>outdoors in US are better than in Germany
Fact, can't even compare

>Germans regulate everything
Will you deny it?

>Germany is being invaded by rapefugees
Fact, see the news. Just during last year more than 1M arrived there. See all the small villages having more migrants than locals

Yeah, the problem is me going or not to /pol/ and not the fact that Germany is going down the hole.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.
>>
File: image.png (372KB, 453x403px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
372KB, 453x403px
>>738815
Dual national
>>738827
I think the main draw is not Germany itself (tallest mountain is < 3000 meters I believe), but rather the relative proximity to the Austrian/Swiss/Italian/French alps and the Scandinavian countries. Endless amounts of climbing, skiing, and hiking. Also can't forget all the exotic euro snow babes.

i suppose if I'm honest, the main draw is the women and the cultural experience. The USA has arguably just as good of skiing possibilities along with infinitely more wilderness and of course is simply oozes freedom from every acre.
>>
>>738819
This man speaks the truth, i was there recently. More refugees than shrubbery my friends.
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 486x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 486x640px
Depends. What's more important to you, quaint little villages full of cobblers and watchmakers, or the grand fucking canyon?
>>
>>738856
>simply oozes freedom from every acre.

Except for the fact that it doesn't. You can't trespass all over private lands and places like the whole eastern half of the country don't have very much access to National Parks and Forests. Meanwhile... Europe has freedom to roam which means they can go across anyone's lands private or public and camp there too.

t. someone who owns 100's of acres of private great lakes forest.
>>
>>738858
atleast we dont have niggers
>>
>>738886
You can camp on people's private property in Europe? You can't kick squatters off your land?
>>
>>738890
At least american niggers don't try to impose sharia law and have sharia patrols, Hanz.
>>
>>738892
Yes. You need to be a certain distance away from homesteads and no damaging crops or trampling over them, uprooting flora etc. Outside of a couple rules you're free to go wherever and camp wherever.
>>
>>738892
Depends on the country, scandis and scotland have that freedom of roam.
>>
File: proper-african-american-map.jpg (2MB, 1928x1700px) Image search: [Google]
proper-african-american-map.jpg
2MB, 1928x1700px
>>738890
As someone who lives in the USA, I can safely say that minorities are centralized in certain locations. The place is fuck huge after all.
>>
>>738819
Do your supervisors know that you escaped containment boards?

>>738813
I'd say yes...
I live in neighbour state , been to Germany few times... beautiful outdoors, but there are much more strict laws regarding camping, guns etc.
I know the Alps sound really tasty, but they're awfully crowded compared to other...depends if you're into that or not

Also refugee crisis... well it isn't that bad as people on /pol/ or idiots who believe everything they see on the internet believe. But germans or central europe states in general have become awfully suspicious of foreigners...
>>
>>738991
>that you escaped containment boards
Yeah sure and somehow you said the same as I about Germany, you just tried to make it apear more pleasurable.

Telling the truth =/= being a /pol/ak
>>
>>738813
Yes.
>>
>>738813

If you want alpine meadows and forests, go explore the Rockies right here in the US. Colorado has so many 14,000 foot peaks it would take you years to explore them.
>>
>>738936
>wow, funny they're all concentrated in crime-ridden areas (with the exception of LA)
>>
My mother is german citizen and I have never served in armed forces, should I claim my citizenship of germany and live there? freedom of movement seems pretty rad.
>>
>>739144
yeah sure if your a muslim go for it
>>
>>739028
>you said the same as I
No he didn't. He said that you're wrong but the Germans are becoming xenophobes.
>>
I love how people think they can just move from america to europe or europe to america.

Unless youre rich, or youre educated in a very specific field that only hires abroad, or you have a direct family member (parents, wife, siblings or children) living abroad, theres no way. Just forget it.

Just because youre white doesnt mean you can live wherever you want.
>>
>>738886
I don't know about the around great lakes, but here in Georgia there is Cherokeee National Forest and Okefenokee (both are gigantic), plus hundred of other public places for hiking and camping along with Wildlife Management Areas. Not to mention the AT starts in north GA. If hiking the AT doesn't ooze of freedom to you, then chances are you hate America.

And trespassing doesn't mean no freedom, it just means you can actually own your land. And certain things like roads and rivers are public so it isn't hard to get through private land to public land. Not to mention that you can always negotiate with land owners for permission to camp/hunt their private land like civilized people.
>>
>>738892
No squatters. You are only allowed to stay one night unless you get land owners permission to stay multiple nights.
>>
>>738886
>places like the whole eastern half of the country don't have very much access to National Parks and Forests

Untrue.
I seriously think eurobros believe National Parks are the only place to /out/ in the USA. We have these things called National Forests, you should google them. I live in the east (Virginia). Have the Jefferson and Washington National Forests to go /out/. Thats 1,790,933 acres (724,764.9 ha).
US National forests alone equal 780,000km2. That does NOT include national parks, state parks, city parks.
All of Scandanavia is 928,057 km2.
>>
>>739196
I am atheist
>>
>>738813
im from bavaria, take my advice and stay if you dont like your place in the us move to some other state, but dont let yourself be fooled by romanticised views of germany its so small and extremely full the alps are full of people and theres no nature at all there and especially no wilderness you would be much better off in the us as an outdoorsman
>>
>>739646
Actually better reason would be the all the perks you get from having german citizenship.
>>
>>738886
german here, this is bullshit
freedom to roam or everymans law or whatever only exists in some scandinavian countries
its illegal to trespass, camp, forage make fires or do anything else on other peoples property
also the little of the forests thats left belongs to people as well
>>
File: 42069.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
42069.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>738813
Move out to Oregon or Washington. We have beautiful scenery, ocean, desert, forest, mountains, 4 distinct seasons... it truly is 10/10.

>tfw live in Oregon
>tfw 1.8% blacks all concentrated in north Portland
>muh freedoms

Feels good man.
>>
>>739471
I love how people don't read threads and see posts where OP said he's a dual national
>>
>>738873
fucking kek

cobblers and watchmakers kek
>>
>>739666
top kek at polite deutschbro's version of "fuck off, we're full"
>>
PNW is due a mega tsunami earthquake that will fuck it all up for everyone. I love comfy ass Europe and its seat in the middle of a tectonic plate. Scandi is the dream tho
>>
>>739718
Ocean is so cold that you can never swim in it. Not being able to swim at the beach is absurdddd.
>>
>>740156
>Ocean is so cold that you can never swim in it.
If you're a pussy.
>>
It is really really crowded in germany
there is lots of urban areas and most of the area in between is agricultural land.
"Forest" are mostly tree fields and if you leave a forest road, you will meet another within half an hour.
You meet people jogging, biking, walking their dogs or foresters all the time.

You can camp, make fire and fish, but you need to be very stealthy about it and can get in serious trouble if you get caught.

There are some nature reserves that are a bit better, but no there is really not that much wilderness left.

>wishing I could roam the magical and endless beech and oak jungle full of wolfs, bears, moose, european buffalo and aurochs that covered the area east of the rhine valley 2000 years ago

However, if you have some time at your hands, you can make trips to scandinavia or eastern europe
>>
>>738886
>>738892
>>739505

That's BS.
At least here there is no-way for you to be allowed to camp in private property, only hunters are allowed to invade your property and only to retrieve a killed prey.
You can camp one day and no-more even in lands not owned unless it's suited for that.
>>
>>738825
>>738991

>everyone who dislikes the mass wave of violent, rape-happy migrants entering Germany is a /pol/tard....

Red'dit, please go away and stay away from our site, k thanks bye.
>>
>>741881
How cold is the water up there usually?
>>
>>738813
To be honest, I'd say yes. I'm thinking about moving to the PNW since the midwest sucks.
>>
>>739141
Have you ever been to the Mississippi Delta?
>>
>>741943
>However, if you have some time at your hands, you can make trips to scandinavia or eastern europe

Tell me more. You seem to actually know what you're talking about. Where in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe do you recommend for big mountains, forests, bodies of water, isolation, freedom, etc.?
>>
>>738813
As someone who is from Washington and lives in Southern Germany 4 months a year, I'd say yes...yes you are being a fool. The only thing remotely similar to the Pacific NW would be the Austrian Alps, parts of the French Alps and the Swiss Alps.

The Pacific North West is younger and more rugged. Southern Germany would be like driving around Western Washington, with rolling hills and lakes sprinkled about.
>>
>>739669
Switzerland has freedom to roam.
>>
>>743778
~45F in the winter and ~68F in the summer.
>>
File: deutschland-waldkarten.jpg (81KB, 820x714px) Image search: [Google]
deutschland-waldkarten.jpg
81KB, 820x714px
there is no wilderness left

there is only the metric system, fast cars, beer, history and social security
>>
>>744867

You forgot a massive wave of immigrants on that list.
>>
>>744867
oh damn, we're nearly out of laubwald
>>
File: 08923593.jpg (328KB, 900x893px) Image search: [Google]
08923593.jpg
328KB, 900x893px
>>744878
this is how modern society's work, shitkid
>>>/pol/
>>
>>745819
Modern society´s work off of welfare pigs and rapists? Nice to know you fucking kraut.
>>
>>745819
German ex cop here.
It really is on a level that was never that bad before since after WW2 and crime is on the rise. You cannot deny it and it really has nothing to do with the way modern society works. But with shitty governments waging war... Anon cam come live here if he wants but for outings it is really bad, can't even compare to the US.
Eastern and northern Europe are more interesting.
>>
File: image7-770x578.jpg (145KB, 770x578px) Image search: [Google]
image7-770x578.jpg
145KB, 770x578px
Cascadia>Eurabia
>>
>>738901
Could you give me information?
Actually live in germany and love our woods, camp but constantly somewhat unnerved of a ranger being angry at me for camping. Only one I met so far was chill and liked that I actually experienced nature though.
>>
>>743867
mountains: alps obviously but not too wild, norway! altantik ocean, fjords, mountains, wilderness...
bodies of water: sweden and finnland! you can canoe through endless landscapes of lakes, rivers, channels and the shores are mostly covered in huge forests.
the further north you get there more isolated it will become
north of the lakes vänern and vättern it starts to become legit wilderness
high up in the north, lappland is really wild with bears, wolfs, moose, reindeer, primal vast forest and an indigenous population.
scandinavia has allemansrätten, meaning a general freedom to roam, camp and forage. if it is private land you stay away or ask for permission if. most of the time this will result in an invitation to eat, stay overnight, exchange stories... and you will probably leave with some extra food and some good information where to go next
scandinavian people are mostly really open, friendly and the odds a better to meet someone who speaks english than anywhere else in europe
fishing often needs permission (not in the great lakes and the sea), but if you are somewhere isolate, nobody will care about it, even if someone sees you.

also the masurian lakelands in poland (beautiful, but higher chance to meet tourists than in scandinavia)

forests: belarus, ukrainia, moldavia (that's the region aka transsilvania "behind the forest"), slowenia... the closer you get to russia, the wilder it gets
however, people may be a bit "strange", depending on where you are... also communication will be really difficult.

oh, and any form of national park or wild life reserve in europe is by law a no go area expect for marked trails, so you either have to go full stealth or go somewhere wild but not protected.

btw. if you ever want to camp in germany, putting up a tent is generally forbidden but hammock camping is a loophole you can use to stay on the save side. if you are not putting up a tent, it's technically legal
>>
>>738821
I bet once you move there, u will pick it up quicker than back home
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.