[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post some random tips or things we take for granted. To convert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Post some random tips or things we take for granted.

To convert KM to miles, just take the value and find out out what 10% of it is. Now divide the value and add that number to it. 5KM for example. 10% of 5 is 0.5. 5/2 is 2.5. 2.5+0.5 is 3 miles, which is very close to the actual conversion of 3.10686 miles. 25KM. 2.5+12.5=15. Actual conversion is 15.5343. Close enough.

If you don't feel like buying an expensive water proof pack cover or don't want to look dumb pulling a trash back over it, buy a cheap bed sheet and soak it in linseed oil then let it dry over a few days. You can get a bed sheed at a yard sale for a couple bucks and linseed isn't that expensive. The sheet can also be useful as a ground sheet, emergency tarp, etc.

Make your own meals and dehydrate them. Don't fall for the overpriced freeze dried food meme or MREs.

Water purifiers make water taste like shit. Crush some charcoal and put a little in your water for that rugged manly taste.
>>
Or you could just remember km to mile is 8/5 and the reverse is 5/8.
>>
>>730023
I'm gonna try this linseed oil thing. Does the water resistancy last long?

If I wanted clean water that tasted like campfire, I'd boil it.
>>
>>730214

Yeah, just boil the linseed oil and then soak the sheet in it. Hang it up to air dry for like a week. It's how things were waterproofed back in the 1800s I believe. They were called oilcloths. Basically the Gore-Tex in your boots is a modernized oilcloth. They stay waterproof for a long time. I bought a king sheet and sewed some loops on it to make a /diy/ tarp almost 2 years ago and it still holds up fine, despite some tears I had to patch.
>>
File: 1459716791725-1529085385.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1459716791725-1529085385.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>730023
That charcoal thing is fucking stupid, enjoy your giardia.

>come at me bro
>>
>>730023
Regular charcoal wont do much in terms of filtration. Look up activated charcoal/carbon.
>>
>>730214
>try this linseed oil thing
So you are going to pay almost as much for a hopefully waterproof sheet that smells like fuck and stinks up your pack or clothes if you lay on it vs buying the proper tool for the job.
Stuck in the outback with a tool shed that has linseed oil in it and a sheet and need a waterproof tarp, yeah, it's a trick you can try. Using it in 2016, dumb as fuck.
>>
>>730238
>>730257

Hey never said anything about using charcoal for filtration/purification. He said to add it for taste.
>>
>>730730
It'll definitely make your pee taste better.
>>
30 (km) x 0.6 = 18 (miles)

it's still half a mile out, but never really needed an accurate measure
>>
>>730934

That's basically the same as OP. But he's doing 0.5 and then adding the .1 because it's easier to do in your head. I assume if you're great at math or have a calculator, you could just do x0.6
>>
File: Div_zero_err.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Div_zero_err.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
>>730023

10% of 100 km = 10km
1 / 0 =
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.