[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /out/ really that based? I mean it has been a while since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: 30812_180948.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
30812_180948.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Is /out/ really that based? I mean it has been a while since a really great thread, people focus about tons of gear and even threads about /out/ journeys don't pop up that often.

Other than that we see shit about shtf, music, youtube, food, movies, drugs, fags gone their way etc. That's not really wrong with that per se but it goes away from what /out/ essence means.

And even some of those of spend some time outdoors, many of them seem afraid of it and feel the need for knives and gun fantasies.

Nowadays even /trv/elers go /out/ more than sc/outs

Anyways just to know if someone else feels the same, share your thoughts and preferably share what you have been doing /out/doors.
>>
>>728911

/out/ gets considerably better during summer since most people here seem to be college/uni students
>>
>>728911
>it has been a while since a really great thread
Feel free to leave. Don't want to hold you back little buddy.
>>
>>728937
>Feel free to leave
I will not. Fortunately some anons advice and knowledge are really worthy and makes up for the rest of shit that pollutes the board.
>>
>>728944
>some anons advice and knowledge are really worthy
quityerbtchinthen
>>
>>728945
>why have an awesome board when you can have an average one the guy
Are you like than on your professional life?
>>
It's mostly consumerists shit posting over what the best knife, pack, sleeping bag, tent, or boots are.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 603x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 603x302px
>>728911
Are you looking for a sweet knoife? If so, this is the place to be.

We also act as a homeless shelter sometimes.
>>
File: 1454242548756.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
1454242548756.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
/out/ gets worse in the winter because people don't go out and have /out/ cabin fever and rant about knives and gear. in summer it's quite pleasant.
>>
File: 5220.jpg (84KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
5220.jpg
84KB, 400x400px
>>728990
blade tip will end broke after the first serous use
>>
>>728995
I worried about that with my SPEW too, but as long as I'm not too dumb with it, there doesn't seem to be an issue. I have these big flower pots in my yard that are really thick plastic and I used that knife to cut holes in it to drain some water out.
>>
File: 54106135.webm (976KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
54106135.webm
976KB, 640x480px
>>728993
>/out/ gets worse in the winter because people don't go out
wat
>>
>>728999
Checked

And the fishing threads have sped up since the weather is warming up.
>>
>>728993
>rant about knives and gear
I don't think this is bad. I learn every time I come on /out/ what is good, not good, what is approved.
Without these threads it would have been much harder for me to research and get this information.
OP, can you elaborate on what you consider one of these really great threads? There's been a few good ones on food lately and how to prepare /out/ foods too.
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 640x1136px
>>728911
OP who drops the Cabela's gift cards is pretty based.
>>
File: IMG_20160303_220952286.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160303_220952286.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
Hide all the "knoife" and youtuber circlejerk threads, SNR goes up considerably.

Been a good winter for me, just haven't photodumped here since I've been busy... well, riding.
>>
I think a lot of the people who enjoy and are the essence of /out/ actually go outside and enjoy themselves regularly rather than dedicate their time to shitposting on 4chan.

All the good threads tend to discuss places, relatable moments, and share encouraging tips and advice. For users that don't really go out much or treat the outdoors as yet another fashionable interest so they have an excuse to talk about themselves, all the shit threads will be anchored in equipment circlejerks, my-experiences-are-better-than-your-experiences, and YouTube shills.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.