[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay listen /b/. I'm a degenerate without a highschool diploma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: van.jpg (212KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
van.jpg
212KB, 1200x800px
Okay listen /b/. I'm a degenerate without a highschool diploma and work a minimum wage job. I'm a depressed piece of shit and on the brink of suicide and giving up. I've always wanted to explore and rough it, just go off without a destination and really go for it. I want to disappear for a few months, and if I really like it might never come back.

I got $5000 and I want to buy a van I could fit a bed and a bike in.

Any of you guys ever rough it like this? Any basic survival skills I should learn? Also suggestions on good knives/multi-tools I should invest in in case things get sticky?

Tell me some crazy stories and opinions on this idea? I really got nothing to lose.
>>
WWOLF

If you get lucky, maybe you could fuck a farmer's daughter or wife.

US Military

If you get lucky, you could fuck a virgin Muslim girl and then pass her around to your squad before she snitches on you and you get allahu akbar'd

Or if you want something else, you can join those hippie faggots that hike everywhere.
>>
>>>/o/723058
>>
>>723063
Fuck
>>>/o/14720473
>>
could have at least changed /b/ to /out/ dude
>>
>>723062
>WWOLF

Sounds neat. Maybe I'll look into it. I've considered the military and I don't have enough discipline, I hate being told what to do day in and day out. I got mad respect for the people that can do that.

Essentially I'm a useless asset to society and just want to do my thing.

>>723065
Yeah fuck my bad dude
>>
>>723062

It's called WWOOF and 90% of the people just want free slaves. I've read a story of some girl going to a farm and they made her sleep in a basement full of mold and they basically made her work from sunrise to sunset while the owners (a married couple) argued all day. From reviews it seems the only good experiences are on organic farms, which means you'll be surrounded by hippies.

To be honest you're better off selling your van. Move to a country like the Philippines. Being white, you will have no problem making friends and finding a place to crash. It's also extremely cheap there. $5,000 could last you years. Get some /out/ gear and explore the country, fuck women that stop aging after 14, and enjoy life. I wish I had no responsibilities or else I'd be living there.
>>
>>723062
PLEASE DON'T JOIN THE MILITARY

Nothing against you and I'm sure you're a great guy, but if high school stressed you out enough to quit then I really don't want to see you down range, we have enough of you to go around. Please don't infer from that statement that you will meet kindred, shitbag spirits in the United States Army.
>>
>>723080
>It's also extremely cheap there. $5,000 could last you years
This is simply not true. There's no place in todays world where that low amount of money will keep you rolling for years unless you're relying on others.
>>
>>723130
>unless you're relying on others

Read my post again, because you obviously didn't and were quick to jump to conclusions.

You can rent a room for $100/month, but odds are being white you can find places to stay for free if you're white. Especially around college areas. Having a white friend is like the coolest thing ever for Filipinos. It's also not that expensive to get around either. Friends will want to take you everywhere to show off their beautiful country, go out to eat and out to movies, etc. It's literally not that difficult.

Philippines isn't the only country like this. My Australian friend moved to Panama and lives off of less than $500/month. He married a local teacher and her family owns a restaurant. He literally doesn't do anything but surf and take care of his kid.

The perks of being white is real. Just don't fuck it up by being a manlet or fat. Or you could stay in America where women and blacks are your "equals" lmao.
>>
>>723201
So you're just accepting White privilege and hoping to skirt through life with it?
>>
>>723276

If you're in a survival situation and come across a lighter that works, do you take it or do you leave it and continue making friction fires every night?
>>
>>723277
But you aren't struggling if you intentionally go to a country where they've been brainwashed to worship whiteness.

Like isn't this what most of 4chan believes doesn't exist?
>>
>>723281

Most of 4chan has become teenagers too hipster for Reddit.
>>
Just spend 1-2k on a van. Mattress, cooler, 5gal bucket for emergency shits. Planet fitness $10/mo showers. Don't cook buy fresh. Get food stamps. Have fun!
>>
>>723058

Learn basic car mechanics if doing long road trips. I did a series of big road trips with my brother who is a mechanic. Don't know how many times him and his tool box bailed us out of shitty little problems that came up. Loose cables and hoses, basic oil changes and keeping the van running in good shape. He even took care of the compressor on the air conditioner when it gave out. Made the trip hassle free... I even forgave him for fucking a gigantic hillbilly landwhale on my sleeping bag because of his skills keeping the van on the road.
>>
It sucks because I'm above 20 but never put a car in ignition. I want a van and want to fix it up but like I can't work now since my anxiety disorder is beyond belief.

Now I'm stuck in the middle of no where after having to leave NYC for the second time after losing another job to an anxiety attack (6 jobs in total).

Kinda want to off myself, but I've survived 6 years of homelessness off and on since 17. Still though I'd like to drive cross country, work seasonally and travel abroad like some of my friends.

Keep posting you guys, I need the inspo :-/
>>
check out the vagabond thread bro >>710378
>>
Im going to go against the grain and say get a Prius and travel in it. They are cheap now since gas is cheap. They dont break. Fuel economy is great even with a roof carrier and bike rack.

Source: i live in my prius in san francisco
>>
>>723308
>dad got stuck in a war in Niger filming when I was young, managed to get out with his crew in an old Land Rover which broke down in the desert
>one of his crew was into cars and had brought a Rover manual or something with him to read
>used the knowledge from that to fix the car and they got back to civilisation
>>
>>723058
Here's what you do OP.

First, get your GED. It's really not that hard.

Second get your van set up but try to keep it basic and leave yourself some operating capital.

Third, go on coolworks and start applying for seasonal jobs that require no experience, there are a lot of them. Look for ones that offer housing and food or at least employee meals.

Season's up, move on to the next job. In-between seasons you'll have the van to sleep in and cash in your pocket to keep you going.

The seasonal resort/lodge/tourism industry's backbone is literally bums who live in vans.
>>
Hey op. Go to the vagabond thread.
Pic is me on my bus right now near Dallas. I'm a pretty experienced rubber tramp I can answer questions.
>>
File: IMAG2355.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2355.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
>>724096
>>
File: campingwashstation.jpg (93KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
campingwashstation.jpg
93KB, 500x375px
>>723058
I've car camped in remoter areas for around a week. I'd recommend some basic hand tools more than anything in that scenario (a saw, hammer, nails, screwdriver, box of screws and nails, maybe a drill). maybe an axe if you want a fire a lot but nothing fancy. I'd just get a little fold up cot in there and sleep on top of a folded blanket in a warm sleeping bag (nothing fancy again. expensive is for down and down is for being light weight and compact... in a van down by the river you don't need that) and one more spare blanket. I'd see if I could get a hold of some thrown out large washing detergent dispensers that I could clean out and use as portable water dispensers. definitely I'd recommend a plastic bin with some tire repair spray, a full bottle of unmixed coolant, oil, stop leak, and a portable air compressor. You'd want a cooler I suppose. I'd recommend buying a luci light or 2 for light in the evenings. jumper cables and a cross tire iron are recommended. a bottle of seafoam could come in handy (good for tuning up the van engine also by the way). I'd throw together my own first aid kit with some iodine, gauze, and a roll of hockey tape. some needles and black and white thread should be useful. I'd recommend having a cast iron skillet, a large cooking pot, one of those bread knives, a cutting board a fork and large spoon, and an enamel plate and cup. maybe a few small to medium size tupperware containers. a large water bottle or 2. a jack. get some high mileage oil put into the van in an oil change and also do the coolant and make sure the brake pads are ok. after that I think you're pretty much ready to go. Also just buy stuff off kijiji or craigslist or thrift stores and save money. No point in going new. same with the tools. buy them from a flea market for something.
>>
>>724167
skills to learn.

some basic car maintenance. how to change brake pads, oil, spark plugs, change a tire, change the oil, how to jump a dead battery.

maybe learn how to make jerkey. you can make meat go a lot further if you can preserve it. especially in a van scenario.

learn basic water purification. iodine or bleach can clean a lot of water in the long term. just a few drops of each really is all that's needed to kill pathogens (toxins is another case though).

I'd learn some basic knots and buy a tarp (buy one of those sturdy survival blanket ones with grommets) and some cord. 550 is okay. but whatever. also some cotton string. you can use it for a lot but I make candles. Babybel cheese is a good travel food and you can use the wax to make candles. anyway taut line hitch is one knot id recommend. buy a few sturdy metal pegs while you're at it.

also learn how to build a fire.

my opinion: why not. have a summer of love type trip. why not do it at least once. bring some books, meet some people, have some experiences.
>>
>>724178
a little fold up table and camp chair would also be useful. same with a few caribiners.
>>
>>724184
i'd also make one of these. good for cooking with small amounts of wood. those alcohol hobo stoves miss the key point that you have to have a supply of alcohol to work them. with this you just collect some twigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxODae_BS74
>>
>>723201
Idk about being white but being an American in the Phillipenes is good because they have a very positive opinion of Americans.
>>
>>724223

Just be careful what you stick your dick in. SEA has a lot of HIV positive women who were pimped out by their parents in their teens. Especially around Thailand. Always ask about her past before getting in bed with her. They are usually honest about it. It's a shitty economy and they gotta do what they gotta do. Lots of tourism and it's good money. But ever saw a Mother/Father putting their 13 year old out on the streets to fuck tourists, I would probably report it to the police, even though they don't really give a fuck.
>>
Do NOT buy all that shit this anon just reccomended. Trust my personal experience, less is more. You'll buy the few things you need as you go.

PS hoarder anon is a faggot
>>
Go to Sweden and live off of the welfare. Or stay here and do the same.
>>
>>726079
Don't you have to be Muslim?

Oh man, being a black Muslim in Sweden would be the dream. All the welfare and blonde wimminz a nigga could dream of.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.