[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit Primitive Technology has done it now. https://www

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: 13216519651.jpg (17KB, 570x574px) Image search: [Google]
13216519651.jpg
17KB, 570x574px
Holy shit Primitive Technology has done it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLoukoBs8TE

The absolute madman.
>>
I'm actually a bit disappointed because I thought he'll finally advance into the metal age in this video but maybe next time.
>>
>>722846
he sold himself to the pantreon masses, he will only do the stupid shit they tell him to do now.

it was good while it lasted
>>
>>722846
Metal arrow heads will be good. I like that he didn't put any thing on the arrows during practice. I've seen a few people do that. It doesn't turn out well.

But, if he does find some iron ore he'll be able to make arrow heads easily without using up much metal for them. I wonder how long it too him to find discarded scrub turkey feathers.
>>
>>722870
he seem to have some obsidian or something
knapping some fine flint arrowhead is also a worthwhile project before metal age.
>>
When is he smithing himself a set of full rune
>>
>>722796
There is more than one person that enjoys his vids you know.
>>722847
What are you on about?
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
Dave Canterbury is still the best channel to watch for bushcraft/survival skills IMO. Name one reason how him lying about his military background has anything to do with his survival knowledge.
>>
>>723050
What does he have to do with this thread though?
PT is not one of those gay survival situation experts.
>>
>>723283

No, he's an autistic manlet.
>>
>>723045
>What are you on about?
Primitive Technology has set up a patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2945881&ty=h

So now all his videos are going to be about feminist tropes in outdoors and survival obviously.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 848x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 848x853px
>>723288

>being this jealous
>>
>>722847
>he sold himself to the pantreon masses
What the fuck could he possibly need crown funding for?
>>
>>723354
Nobody could resist the patreonbux. When he's not doing the video he still need to eat you know.
>>
>>723357
Getting food and water is a critical part of bushcraft
>>
>>723354
It's not a kickstarter, retard, he has no obligations to anyone who donates. It's nothing more than a digital tip jar, so he can spend more time doing bushcraft.
>>
>>722769
>inb4 straya police dunks his shit

But good video.
>>
>>723393
>digital tip jar

That's a good way of putting it.
Good for him, the guy works hard doing what he loves.
>>
What are some trees native to northern Europe that's good for making bows out of?
>>
>>724259
Yew.
>>
>>723354
He wants a shirt
>>
>>724513
I'd actually like to see him make one now that you mention it. It's amazing to watch this guy work
>>
>>724513
Why? It is hot as balls there.
>>
>>723050
He's either arrogant or stupid
>>
>>724259
Yew and ash were probably the two most common choices, from what I've read. Yew is probably the better of the two options. I've heard that oak works, but I'd be nervous about it splitting, personally. Gary Paulson claimed that citrus wood is good, too, especially lemon, but you did specify NORTHERN Europe, so that might not be an option. Green ash is pretty terrific, but that's an American species, and it might go extinct soon.
>>
>>722769
Well, the bow looks a little rigid and the arrows are way too short, so he's not going to get the accuracy or power that he could get with a longbow, but damn. That's a huge step up from a stone sling, that's for sure.
>>
This is calming and comfy as shit
>>
>>725929
Of course it won't outperform a longbow. The point is that he showed how something used by our ancestors was made and how it performed. That was a huge step forward in the story of us.
>>
>>722903
I kek'd
>>
>>726018
I realize that, but it's kind of like his blister-inducing hand drill; it was quick and easy to make but he needed to upgrade after a while. I'd like to see a video where he makes a sinew-reinforced longbow with some serious draw weight so he can show us how to skin and brain tan a deer.

Also, he should bushcraft a hunting license.
>>
>>726072
Give the guy time. It takes research and practice to get it right before he can record a clip.
Give the guy a request, maybe he'll look into it.
>>
>>722870
>I wonder how long it too him to find discarded scrub turkey feathers.
>implying he didn't just kill the turkey or capture it and pull some feathers out before releasing it again.
>>
>>726251
This
>>
>>723354

>crown funding

haha you bastard
>>
>>726072
>a deer.

There are no deers where he lives.
>>
>>724513
i laughed my ass off at this post bravo anon
>>
>>722903
He's waiting until he can gild it himself.
>>
>>724513
>He wants a shirt
Wearing a shirt would ruin him.

Most people only watch his videos because of his primitive sexiness.
>>
>>726357
>Most people only watch his videos because of his primitive sexiness.
>>726357
>Most people only watch his videos because of his primitive sexiness.
Projecting much? Most folks I know who watch him, do so because of his capability.
>>
>>726214
Oh, I have utmost respect for the dude. I do realize that he's taken the time to learn skills that have been lost to the ages. I wouldn't say I've learned anything yet, but it's definitely impressive to watch it be done. My main interest in tanning is because it's so difficult to find information on how to do it without modern tools and chemicals.

>>726318
Deer is plural, there's no such thing as deers. That aside, skinning and tanning is largely the same regardless of the animal. How about sheep?
>>
>>726318

There's introduced deer species in Strayaland
>>
Still waiting for him to make a prehistoric condom for all that pussy he must be getting from these videos.
>>
>>726508

He's too autistic to even talk in his videos explaining how to do things. He probably browses 4chan and 9gag all day
>>
>>726466
He lives on one of the islands.
>>
>>726511
He explains why he doesn't talk and that's one of the big appeals of his vids.
>>
>>726072
>Also, he should bushcraft a hunting license.
I don't know if hunting kangaroos or whatever with wooden arrows is allowed.
>>
>>726772
Yep, it's way confier this way.
>>
>>726368
>Projecting much?

This. lol
>>
File: 1455936707356.jpg (17KB, 429x399px) Image search: [Google]
1455936707356.jpg
17KB, 429x399px
>>726922
You can put on your fav comfy music and chill.
>>
>>726772
that's why i don't particularily like the pantreon thing, now he have to do what his fans tell him to do to a certain extent. although it's not always bad (i liked this bow video and he did it because of fans suggesting it) it may be worse in the future
>>
>>727278
>now he have to do what his fans tell him to do to a certain extent

Not really. Suggestions are one thing. If fans don't like it they don't have to donate. Remember it's a donation not a paid subscription or similar.
>>
>>727384
And politicians aren't required to vote to the benefit of the corporations that funded their campaign, but do think they'll keep getting kickbacks if they don't? You either do what the people who cut your paychecks want, or you stop getting paychecks. It's a slippery slope.
>>
>>727278
see
>>723393
>>
>>727506
I'd also like to add, that even if nobody ever donates to him, he's just going to keep on doing what he loves. Stop trying to find stuff to be offended at, shitlord.
>>
>>723354
He currently works fulltime and hopes to make bushcraft youtube videos a fulltime gig.
>>
>>726439
I've been hunting wild goats in Tasmania where it's legal to bow hunt within regulations. I believe they have plenty of wild goats/rabbits up in Queensland.
>>
>>722846
>advance into the metal age
lmao what is this age of empires
>>
Guy has a vid about making charcoal.
Iron age when?
>>
>>727486
That is not a good analogy at all.

Like other anon said; it's a fucking tip jar. It's not a hundred thousand dollars of contributions and payoffs etc.
>>727536
Woo loo loo

Wish I had my laptop on me, I'd start posting AOE macro image memes.
>>
>>722769
how long before this guy enters the bronze age?
>>
>>722769
>mfw charcoal video
ore smelting imminent
>>
>>727552
where would he get the iron ore?
>>
>>727862
Bottom of lakes? Google that shit, anon.
>>
>>726439
>That aside, skinning and tanning is largely the same regardless of the animal. How about sheep?

No sheep, but there are assuredly wild boars in North Queensland.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.