[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody here bring a bucksaw blade with them innawoods and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: 074.jpg (519KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
074.jpg
519KB, 1600x1067px
Does anybody here bring a bucksaw blade with them innawoods and make their own bucksaw? Or do you all bring your plastic folding saws?

Also general something you carry that you don't see others carry thread.
>>
File: 6.jpg (2MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
2MB, 1920x1920px
>>722428
I knocked one up a couple of years ago when I was bored at my folks place, more as a proof of concept than anything.It took surprisingly little effort or skill to build, and worked shockingly well. it's still on my bookcase now

Something that I carry that others don't? hmmm britbong here so this is kinda tricky. I live on a small island so I normally have a handcaster on me to fish from the rocks with. I used to lug an 8" Jarvis walker one, but I've recently bought a little Yoyito one which is great as it's pocket sized and you can still get a good +50m cast. I've not seen anyone carry let alone using stuff like this in the UK
>>
File: bd-buck-saw-2.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bd-buck-saw-2.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
So it's
>bucksaw
Or
>folding saw

Why not both?
>>
File: 163563029.jpg (26KB, 1030x1030px) Image search: [Google]
163563029.jpg
26KB, 1030x1030px
I use this. Lightweight and works well. I'm a little skeptical of some of the parts inside; they don't look robust. Time will show if it's any good, but for now I'm really pleased with it.

Bucksaw seems less practical for collecting firewood on day hikes. But for anything else I think it's the best solution.
>>
Chainsaw chain blade with handles installed to its ends.

Packs in a small space, durable, effective.
>>
File: 1459034725453-1568493653.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1459034725453-1568493653.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>722491
How heavy is it?
how durable in a pack that gets beat up?
I'm really digging the look.

I carry 4 knives which may not be unique to this autists right here, but they all have a specific use.
I carry a full size k bar in case of bars that need kaying.
A small paring knife for food.
A 6" fish filleting knife for processing my fishes.
And a small folder for cutting rope and general cutting.
Could all these do all these jobs on their own? probably.
Still I like my setup cause I fish Alot and cook a lot and cleaning the knives in between these tasks is a pain.
>>
>>722896
The fuck is that bright green abomination? I like it.
>>
>>722896
It weighs a pound so it's kinda hefty-ish for longer rucks, but if you REALLY need a bow saw to process wood, is invaluable.

It'll use bahco saw blades, and it's hard to damage just from average use, frame is extruded aluminium. So it'll be okay strapped to a pack or tucked in a pocket, just don't obviously mistreat it.
>>
>>722584
and not very efficient.
>>
>>722924
Like $3 US at walmart, it's just a kitchen knife. I use it to cut up food, vegetables and dry sausage and cheese mostly.
>>
File: sven-saw-xl.jpg (202KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
sven-saw-xl.jpg
202KB, 960x640px
>>722539
>Bucksaw seems less practical for collecting firewood on day hikes. But for anything else I think it's the best solution.

Pretty much, I'd probably go with a folding saw or a Sven saw over a true bowsaw/bucksaw unless I was going to be out for a extended period. The latter is going to be heavier and less convenient to carry, but it's easier to process wood with it.
>>
File: lacing-pins-and-crows-nest.jpg (4MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
lacing-pins-and-crows-nest.jpg
4MB, 3000x4000px
>>722428
no. I just bring a folding saw mostly. But I think this is really cool and feasible now. Reminds me of when ray mears did a show in the eastern rockies and was getting shown how to use a tipi. He was commenting on how basically the cover itself was the only thing you brought with you. You can cut new poles, pegs, and lace the thing up with just sticks. two holes was it for lacing 2 sections together. Simplicity best.
>>
>>724058

A bow saw blade weighs less than half a pound. Build the rest of it when you get out in the woods.
>>
>>724149

This. Only thing I carry is the blade and bank line. I build the bucksaw when I get out. I only carry a small shovel head as well and make my own handle when I get out. I've considered only carrying an axe head but it takes a lot more work to fit a handle to that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.