[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /out/. After my 20 years of archery... I have never went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: slide3.jpg (403KB, 990x422px) Image search: [Google]
slide3.jpg
403KB, 990x422px
So, /out/.
After my 20 years of archery... I have never went to a 3D shoot. But that changes tomorrow.
Tomorrow, I am going to go to my first 3D shoot.
I just wanted to ask if there's anything that I might not know about it.
>>
>>722061
If you miss the 'true target' areas of the targets they get really pissed off. Be very careful to hit only the target section and try not to get nervous.
>>
>>722077
So... Head shots only?
>>
>>722077
Nah. The place that I am going to is okay with people hitting outside the target.
They say that there's kids there who shoot Genesis bows that can barely hit the main target. The workers never get mad.
>>
>>722086
kek
>>
>>722061
Why not go shoot real deer?
>>
There are a bunch of targets like that in my woods.

They just look stupid. Solid plastic... What gives?

I would expect another material that a) will not leave so clean cut holes and b) is easier to replace. Like the midsection of the deer being wood
>>
>>722086
That's exactly why they freak out. Everyone goes for the headshot insteead of the points and it fucks up the targets. The true target area is meant to be replaced.
>>
>>722161
It's made out of soft-ish plastic or foam so that it doesn't completely fuck your arrows up when you shoot into it. Shooting an arrow into a block of wood will bend or break it, and arrows can get pretty expensive.
>>
>>722527
Well. I guess I'm not going.
Both of the 3D archery ranges near me are closed.
1st one: The owner is sick
2nd one: Doing a hunting safety course
Well fuck.
>>
>>722543
Well that's a bummer, hopefully you'll get to go some other weekend.

I'm not huge into archery but I went to a 3D shoot as a kid with my best friend and his dad who was really big into bowhunting back then. It was a lot of fun, we lost some arrows but that wasn't a big deal. The only bad thing was that we all ended up completely covered in ticks, I must've had 15-20 adult-sized ticks on me after just a few hours out there which is pretty odd for the area of the state/country that we were in.
>>
>>722061
Here's something you might not know...
>The targets come alive at night.
My God, I can still hear their hellish screams...
They got Jim man, they just tore into him and all I could do was watch. He just stared into my eyes begging me for help, but I just watched frozen in fear.
>Also like the other people said don't aim at the heads.
>It just makes them angrier.
>>
>>724170
Ohhhh... Spooky...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.