[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys ever practice "post-apocalyptic" scenarios,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: CdSZaqoUsAAz_aH.jpg (79KB, 600x611px) Image search: [Google]
CdSZaqoUsAAz_aH.jpg
79KB, 600x611px
Do you guys ever practice "post-apocalyptic" scenarios, or just hike around and camp for a night or two drinking beer? I'm not talking about zombies or any faggot shit, but something realistic like power goes out for a week, or a national disaster that destroys your house and you live to live in the woods nearby for a few days until help comes. My family has 80 acres adjacent to a National Forest and I'm thinking of crafting a bug out location, and digging a hole that I will stockpile and hide canned goods in. If I were to bury it, how likely would a bear or other scavenger dig it up? Also planning on digging a separate hole to hide ammunition. I'm going to make cordage out of bark and set u snare traps for Raccoon and around beaver dams since they are legal to hunt year round. Also thinking of making a hut/igloo out of natural materials. Thoughts? Anybody else here autism camp?
>>
>>722028
Fuck all that. If/when SHTF, I'm gonna go buy a bunch of heroin and OD. I'm not tryin to deal with all that.
>>
>>722028
>autism camp

I haven't but it sounds like a fun idea. I'm not into the whole prepping thing but i'd do it for self sufficiency reasons.

It would be a fun exercise to give yourself like 30 minuets to fill a small backpack with gear then hightail it to the woods and see how long you'd last. I might have to try this this fall when the hunting season starts up again.

I imagine building a shelter then living off squirrels/rabbits/whatever the fuck for a few days.It would also be a plus to do it stealthy and avoid contact with other people to further the role playing.

Imma sperg out for a minuet here. Who else is eagerly awaiting the day ultra realistic VR becomes a thing? Imagine a MMO world where we could all act out our autistic zombie fantasies. Dot deny it annons. You know you secretly day dream about Zombie scenarios even though you know its fucking retarded.
>>
We all dream about a zombie apocalypse the only downside for me I'm a ukfag so guns are pretty scarce although I do have an awesome crossbow to fight off the undead
>>
>>722028
OP I used to do a similar thing as a kid, but since then, and in Kansas, there's no real "forest" or woods that isn't government/private land, or if it's public, it's within city limits, and overrun with bums.

I would definitely go out on weekends and work on a bugout camp, but I simply don't have any land to do so.
>>
>>722028
A) I do not. I choose to make my Real Life plenty enough exciting and obviate the need for fantasy.

B) A bear or other scavenger will not dig up canned goods, because they can't smell the food in it. This is the same principle behind the bear can they suggest you hike with in bear country.

C) Why would you make cordage? Just bury or otherwise store a few hundred feet of some decay-resistant commercial cordage. Your natural stuff will likely be too rotted to use by the time you need it.
>>
>>722028
My family were very wealthy and were armed to the teeth with food and water and sources of power and guess the fuck what? Shit went down and they became refugees.

Anon you can't practice for shit to hits the fan, you will never fully be prepared and quite frankly while it's good to have a plan even a few plans the scenarios you make up in your head will not be always enough to protect you from the unknown.
>>
>>722070
"It has quite a kick to it"
>>
>>722199
>I do not. I choose to make my Real Life plenty enough exciting and obviate the need for fantasy.
bullshit, you are on 4chins m8.
>>
>>722271
Getting the fuck out is generally the best plan.
>>
>>722271

Define 'shit went down'.

>Billions of years ago the universe began
>shit went down
>now we have bronies
>>
>>722030
Ayyyy
>>
>>722199
You're a faggot by the way.
>>
>>722968
Read that as "brownies" and thought, hell yeah we got brownies. Now I want brownies.
>>
>>722028
I'd like to think I'm ready for some pretty bad things, but on the other hand, it's sometimes, things aren't as bad as you might imagine them being. Like when the power went out for a week all the way from Ann Arbor, MI to the Atlantic Ocean. America's largest city, and both Canada's largest city and capitol were without power for that week. Nothing that bad happened.
>>
File: tumblr_lq1185Sfrp1qzwmsso7_1280.png (1MB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lq1185Sfrp1qzwmsso7_1280.png
1MB, 1024x683px
>>722028
I'm building a cabin that I want to make self-secificiant, or damn near, solar panels, a little chicken coop, 2 acre garden,

This is as it sat last fall before winter. Once the snow melts I will have it finished by the end of spring.
>>
>>725516

Any tips on building a small house? I have a large pole barn built on land my family uses for hunting. It's a little over 100 acres. We store basically all of our off road stuff in there and there's a wood stove and we sleep in there on hunting trips. I have permission to build a house but nothing huge to live in and it has to be offgrid. They don't want to pay any taxes. Thinking of a 1 bed 1 bath and then like a small living/kitchen area. Probably 600-800 square feet. An outhouse for shitting. Solar panel for power. Propane grill for cooking. The kitchen really needs nothing but a sink and fridge. How would I run water to a sink? I was thinking of gathering water into a tank and then using like a squeeze bump like those seen on small "house" boats. Or an electric pump to turn on and off.
>>
>>725516
What kind of wood did you use?
>>
I lose an understanding of WHY we need to live in the woods in these scenarios. If the world ever did end I'm staying at my home. I'd just go in the woods to hunt and fish for food like I do now(not my only source of food, I still shop at stores).
And I'm only going to dash off in to the woods to live if my house burned down and if that became an option I already have a few other places I'd plan to go to. So it really wouldn't be a hobo situation as much as a trip. I go on longer trips to just go out and enjoy nature. There's nothing wrong with having an emergency plan but living in the woods should be your dead last option. The owners of the land that you'd be on during the state of emergency might be a bit less than happy to see a man trespassing on their land playing jungle warrior or whatever. But hey, don't let me wreck it for you. I just don't see the need.
>>
>>722030
This is literally the best and most probable scenario for when shtf I've ever seen other than an hero the normal ways.

I applaud you sir.

Plus shtf/preppers are fucking retarded if they think a hut in the desert and a couple guns are going to save them, are they not watching every desert nation get raped right now?
>>
>>725516
Looks really cool man. Wish i had something like that!
>>
>>722070
Let me show you eets feeturs!
>>
Cabin anon here.
>>725531
Have a plan and have a budget anon. If you can use something free, use it. If not keep it until you use it. My 1st idea was to salvage pallets from a factory, but I stopped after I did the math and realized I would need about 150 if the bastards, not counting the main beams. But for you I would go with a 16x16 cabin. Perfect size.

For my cabin I will not have running water. I am using a 300 gallon plastic drum on a stand which will be behind the tool shed. I am running piping from the drum into my house and I plan on letting gravity do all the work for me, unfortunately I have to use my wood stove to heat all of my water a bucket at a time. It's the old fashion way.

As far as electricity I have my solar system on 6 24V car batteries, which gives me almost 2 days of power. All I run on it is a radio, a TV, a laptop, CB radio, maybe a few powertools.

My "refrigerator" is actually a dug and isolated pit on a trap door. It stays an average 45F degrees

>>725537
Treated Pine. 4x4's, 2x4's and 10x4. The Tin roof was actually salvaged from a shed that was being dismantled.
>>
>>725531

Use a foot pump to run water. Sailboats have them.
>>
>>722028
I usually do the sit around the fire and drink thing when I'm out with friends, chill and fish when I'm out alone. I do think about SHTF when I'm home but I don't role-play it.

If you want to have a safe house of sorts, I'd build a permanent underground spot instead of a cabin which would be high-visibility.

If you're burying stuff, make sure to vacuum seal it and put it in a bucket so it stays fresh/doesn't rust. Especially food and ammo. Buy cordage, know how to make it and make it whenever you have time, but always have good synthetic cordage on hand.
>>
>>722199
This is NOT the principle by which bear cans operate. Bears can still smell the food inside the bear can, they just can't open the can to get inside...
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.