[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could choose to live off the land anywhere in the world,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

If you could choose to live off the land anywhere in the world, where would you go? Deep in the woods? A mountain range? A coast?
>>
File: FH040025.jpg (694KB, 1800x1215px) Image search: [Google]
FH040025.jpg
694KB, 1800x1215px
>>720770
Probably deep in the woods somewhere like the boundary waters. Winters would be harsh but there are plenty of large mammals and fish to survive off of. The summer would provide a ton of good foraging food and fish galore.

This is the biome I'm most experienced in which sways my opinion although I also wouldn't mind a Caribbean island. Less stuff to forage there but most of them are full of boars to eat and of course there's fishing.
>>
File: geography.png (62KB, 322x293px) Image search: [Google]
geography.png
62KB, 322x293px
>>
>>720820
Shouldn't that image be reversed? Is there a desert that is west of a mountain range?

Oh ya forgot about chili.
>>
>>720825
smelly dumb ameriscum
>>
>>720826
obviously he was joking you fucking tosser
>>
A coast line in southern France near a river delta.

Nutrious soil? Check. Great fishing? Check. Possibilities of hunting? Check. Good foraging? Check. Not many dangerous animals? Check.

There's a reason why civilizations rose so easily in the Mediterranean.
>>
File: apfVsTY.jpg (3MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
apfVsTY.jpg
3MB, 5000x5000px
I'd probably choose Mediterranean also, if only for the abundance of edible plants. Corsica has a shitload of undeveloped coastline, vast forests, and a huge population of feral pigs. Seems like a good option to me.
>>
Southeastern US

Plenty of game, plenty of water, and plenty of usable trees/vegetation for food.
>>
>>720770
Stardew valley
>>
>>720845
>>720841
OP here, I'm with you guys. The Mediterranean would be my destination too, not sure exactly where - I'd probably wander a lot.
>>
File: IMG_20151221_173455-1.jpg (212KB, 2018x951px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151221_173455-1.jpg
212KB, 2018x951px
>>720849
Obvious desert, obvious.
>>
>>720873
> Med
> stepping on soil that's already been stepped on

Pleb.
>>
>>720876
Sand's more my thing
>>
>>720825
It's called the orographic effect you dumb fuck
>>
File: wetlands.jpg (34KB, 700x462px) Image search: [Google]
wetlands.jpg
34KB, 700x462px
I would go to some godforsaken brackish estuary somewhere. Might be a lot of skeetos at times but there's an endless supply of food, both seafood and mammalian, and large predators and humans don't really go in there
>>
>>720825
Great basin, mojave, etc west of rockies
>>
Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains.
>>
File: Playa-Arnela-en-Fisterra.jpg (110KB, 558x372px) Image search: [Google]
Playa-Arnela-en-Fisterra.jpg
110KB, 558x372px
Probably northern Spain near the coast line.

>pros
>Beautiful as fuck
>green
>mountains
>cheap

>cons
>too much people in some places

Either that or Thailand. Urals and bumfuck nowhere in Canada are kinda fascinating because of the feeling of solitude but desu I'm too much a beachfag to leave the coast.

Nowadays I live less than 10miles of the Atlantic coast and when sun shines up in the sky you can't beat that.
>>
>>720903
> Sonora > Mohave

Getting warmer, little brother!
>>
>>720849

And so much summertime humidity that you can literally bathe in your own sweat. Save on showers.
>>
File: image_40.jpg (8KB, 288x144px) Image search: [Google]
image_40.jpg
8KB, 288x144px
>>720820
I approve.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.