[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is objetively the most dngerous /out/ activity? Off the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 23

What is objetively the most dngerous /out/ activity?

Off the top of my head some that seem the most dangerous are:

>open water sailing in the Drake Passage
>high altitude climbing
>free rock climbing
>underwater cave exploration

Pic related.
>>
>>720361
Big cat rape.
Almost no chance of survival.
>>
>boating at night
>boating drunk
>boating drunk at night

statistically drunken waterfaring is one of the most dangerous activites you can do, outside of attempting suicide or other self-destructive behaviors

oh, and oral sexing meese ':[
>>
>>
>>720362

"What are some of your hobbies?"
>I like to go outdoors
"Oh cool, do hike or kayak or...?"
>Nah, I'm more into big cat rape
>>
Bear wrestling.
>>
>>720361
From your list, open water sailing. Because things can go south pretty easy and fast, and your chances of survival in those waters are minimal if you don't get rescued by a third party.

>high altitude climbing
Dangerous because the altitude can just you up, but not that dangerous, since these expeditions are planned well in advance and even the shitty weather can be more or less be part of the equation. I'm thinking about the Everest or the Aconcagua.

>free rock climbing
This is just stupid. Either a circus act or something that someone with an extreme need for validation would do

This is the safest thing. It takes a lot of precautions and planning, and unless you are really stupid, you won't die doing it.
>>
>>720361
free cave diving
>>
>>720369
Anyone who does that as a hobby is a fucking badass.
>>
>>720382
>This is the safest thing
lolno
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (432KB, 715x530px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
432KB, 715x530px
>>720361
K2, 1 in 4 climber die
very sppoky hill dont try at home pls
>>
>>720361

Underwater shark wrestling...you don't know danger until you wrestle a great white.
>>
File: Computer-Scared.png (3KB, 430x373px) Image search: [Google]
Computer-Scared.png
3KB, 430x373px
muffdiving in mexico
>>
>>720368
Bullfighting isn't a sport IMO, I'm a spaniard and a big fan of it, but it's really more of a performance than a sport.

>inb4 fags accuse me of supporting torture
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 582x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 582x281px
>>720392
Yeah I agree with this dude. Cave diving is dangerous as fuck. Check out this video if you want to get spooked

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1iaa04rCf0
>>
>>720511
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF4iFJ-G74o
>>
>>720511

That skeleton is hiding something valuable
>>
File: img-thing.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>720523
yeah, more skeletons
>>
>>720361
can't speak for the others but this is the shit and you're a pussy if you think it's sooooooo dangerous to make you afraid.
>>
>>720511
>Cave diving is dangerous as fuck
found the pussy.
>>
>>720523
my thoughts as well lol
>>
>>720361
masturbating next to a beehive while being allergic to bees.
>>
File: 57cw4pM.jpg (214KB, 1200x712px) Image search: [Google]
57cw4pM.jpg
214KB, 1200x712px
>>720511
>>
>>720382
>>underwater cave exploration
>This is the safest thing
Yeah no, it's pretty fucking dangerous and experienced people die a lot. Rock climbing is way safer.
>>
>>720667
It's safer than a lot of people give it credit for. Cave diving earned it's reputation 20 years ago when there was a heavy culture of "build your own kit". Today, people still build their own kit, but for non-safety critical equipment.

Good linelaying has largely prevented people from getting lost, and the transfer of knowledge in the community seems really good.

Most cave divers I know have a good story or two about near death experiences, but very few know somebody who was killed or injured personally.

The reason it seems dangerous as fuck is that its a really small community, working with a tiny margin for error. If you work outside that margin, you're dead, inside it and you're fine. There's no in-between. The fact that there are so few cave divers massively skews any statistics you put together.
>>
>>720511

Fuck just watching that made me feel claustrophobic.
>>
File: iraq iran war.jpg (3MB, 2830x1880px) Image search: [Google]
iraq iran war.jpg
3MB, 2830x1880px
>>720361
Sunbathing in Syria or Iraq should be pretty scary
>>
Shotgun mouthwash
>>
>>720400
Check out Annapurna..

>By March 2012, there had been 191 summit ascents of Annapurna I Main, and 61 climbing fatalities on the mountain.[5] This fatality-to-summit ratio (32%) is the highest of any of the eight-thousanders. In particular, the ascent via the south face is considered, by some, the most difficult of all climbs. In October 2014, at least 39 people were killed as a result of snowstorms and avalanches on and around Annapurna, in Nepal's worst ever trekking disaster.[6]
>>
>>720637
>found the pussy

And you still don't know what to do with it.
>>
>>720361
Leaving the house.
>>
File: xgz9nkR.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
xgz9nkR.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>721157
>>
>>721157
rekt
>>
Driving there
>>
>>720361

Cave diving. The death rate is ludicrous.

Vidya related: The best cave diver in the world drowning while retrieving the body of the former best cave diver in the world.

https://youtu.be/mF4iFJ-G74o
>>
>>720361
/out/dor urban exploring on some places.
>>
>>720511
that skeleton is an open invitation to adventure, maybe those scubadivers that never came back liked the journey.
>>
>>721157
that's what you get for talking shit anon.
>>720637
>>
>>720666
The devil has been getting less creative.
>>
>>721232
To be fair, that had nothing to do with him being in a cave.

That's just the danger of technical diving off of trimix while surrounded by ropes that you can get tangled in.

Note, really deep sea diving requires all sorts of special gas blends and opens you up to death by narcosis really easily.
>>
File: travel-blog-magazine-1221_3.jpg (176KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
travel-blog-magazine-1221_3.jpg
176KB, 450x600px
Swimming
>>
File: crab-head.jpg (45KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
crab-head.jpg
45KB, 500x365px
Exploring Antarctica without a flammenwerfer
>>
File: 1450105680640.gif (981KB, 300x192px) Image search: [Google]
1450105680640.gif
981KB, 300x192px
>>720637
>>721157
>>721157
GET FUCKED!!!!!!
>>
mountaineering (technical climbing, first ascents/descents, ice climbing, ski randonee, etc)
>>
I just cross the Drake Passage twice in January, it was a cakewalk
>>
File: 1452456742769.jpg (313KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452456742769.jpg
313KB, 640x480px
>>720362
>>
>>721430

>crossing the drake in the southern hemisphere's summer months and expecting a challenge

Try again in high June or July and call us from the bottom of the ocean
>>
>>721235
Oh yeah, I'm sure they were glad they came as they were drowning to death in a freezing cold, pitch black cave hundreds of meters underground
>>
File: Exosuit.jpg (272KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Exosuit.jpg
272KB, 1067x1600px
> All these posters who think that cave diving isn't dangerous.

Essentially cave diving is a multifaceted discipline, bringing in the principles of technical diving, deep diving, night diving, wreck diving (overhead environments) just to name a few, and many of these disciplines require correct execution and technique, especially with the additional task loading it demands.

As a consequence, cave diving is an activity with very short error chain(s) and isn't very forgiving with mistakes or sloppy technique, and usually fatal if you cut corners.

Going into exploratory cave diving will magnify the risks. Heading into uncharted territory, you don't know how far or how deep that cave goes, and how your dive plan, gas management and dive profile will allow you to explore, for how long and how deep.

You've got to factor things like the use of Gas Blends and the maximum operating depth of those blends. Your decompression mixes, their operating depths and you've got to apply rule of thirds to your gas supply and whether you are going to stage your gas supply, all of these have to be factored into your dive tables and dive plans, and its a different kettle of fish for rebreathers.

Then mix in the variation in human physiology. Not to mention the dive profiles of your buddies like their Surface Air Consumption Rates (SAC rates) which you have to factor into your plan, along with their competence.

And then there is your equipment, and maintaining incredible discipline with their maintenance and performing tasks like setting line, and buoyancy control.

You also have to factor in environmental conditions, People talk about silt out, who haven't truly experienced it before, think its just just a minor inconvenience, or even cave ins like 1988 Nullarbor Incident.
>>
>>721701
Cont.

In short, like most extreme activities, you treat it with respect.
Being naive and complacent is likely to guarantee a death sentence.

Source: Technical Diver.

>>721232
> The best cave diver in the world
> retrieving the body of the former best cave diver in the world.

Not denying that his progression and the feat he performed took some serious balls, ultimately he perished.

> Been Diving for 6 years (1999 - 2005)
> Died on his 333rd dive
> His dive buddy was lucky to get out alive.

The diver he was retrieving was a support diver who blacked out at 60m IIRC, he wasn't a record holder or attempting anything of the sort.

Im not gonna greentext it but here, its worth the read.
http://www.michaelmcfadyenscuba.info/viewpage.php?page_id=695
>>
>>721703
>http://divingintotheunknown.com/en

Was a big story in the news when the diver died into the cave, and another large when they decided to go and get him out of there.
>>
Doing any of the activities mentioned in this thread while intoxicated
>>
>>721704
In planet earth cave episode when the cave divers wedge themselves through cracks gives me anxiety
>>
>>720364
Sweet I used to do this all the time back home in the OBX. Good times. Few close calls.
>>
Proximity wing suit flying?
>>
>>720361
Nanga Parbat bro
>>
>>721716
This, nothing else even comes close to the percentage of people who've died doing it.
>>
>>720368
LOL, from a guy who was a writer for a living. Like he knew his shit.

I can say from my experience that logging is the most dangerous /out/ activity. Yes it is not a recreational activity but it is still done /out/.

I have worked crab boats, which I would rank as next dangerous. Cod and to a lesser extent king salmon are dangerous but the weather isn't quite as crazy.

All of the above have resulted in my having more close calls and seeing more friends maimed or killed than mountain hiking, bear hunting, skiing, shitting in geocaches, and surfing huge waves.

I might would entertain the idea that caving is more dangerous, but that is mostly because no fucking way I am squeezing into an ink black passage only a centimeter larger than my body, a hundred feet below the surface.
>>
>>722217
>because no fucking way I am squeezing into an ink black passage only a centimeter larger than my body, a hundred feet below the surface.

Cuck detected
>>
File: 1407089374568.gif (3MB, 565x318px) Image search: [Google]
1407089374568.gif
3MB, 565x318px
>>720361
professional dangerous game hunter
>>
File: discussing2.jpg (375KB, 1026x792px) Image search: [Google]
discussing2.jpg
375KB, 1026x792px
>>720400

Agreed, all the mountains in the Karakoram range are insanely dangerous and have taken the lives of many climbers.
>>
Messing up in the ocean in general can leve you in "deep" trouble.
>>
File: Witty Italian Prick.png (131KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Witty Italian Prick.png
131KB, 350x350px
>>722283
CARLOS, YOU FUCKING SPIC
>>
>>720382
>things can go south
>open water sailing Drake's Passage

Kek
>>
>>722217
>and to a lesser extent king salmon are dangerous

You have to be squidding me. That shit is pretty much just recreational fishing with the sport and the fun taken out and is about as safe as commercial fishing gets; apart from the usual falling/stabbing/crushing/drowning/etc. hazards that exist even in fucking fish processing plants shoreside, the only thing even remotely hazardous about fishing for Kings is running the gear and if that kills you then whoever made that gurney did the gene pool a solid.
>>
>>720869
Kek'd
>>
>>720361
I don't think Sailing is a real danger. Men have crossed oceans in much smaller boats than 30 ft sailboats. Employing a jordan drogue with a storm jib and stay sail can get you through just about anything short of sailing into a hurricane.
>>
>>720361
Maybe spear hunting bears? Of that's a thing.
>>
File: v7PQZ9d.jpg (744KB, 2736x2052px) Image search: [Google]
v7PQZ9d.jpg
744KB, 2736x2052px
>>723151
Sailing is comfy as fuck most of the time. Check out this cabin.
>>
>>723156

Then the pirates come and fuck you up.... Not so comfy then. A couple sentry guns would be nice.
>>
>>723156
That boat looks slow and doesn't have any stowage.
>>
File: 00n0n_lytFKaeC8J0_600x450.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
00n0n_lytFKaeC8J0_600x450.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>>723166
Stay away from Honduras and Red Sea, and you'll be fine.
>>723170
>slow
A boats top speed is limited to its water line length. A 30 foot sailboat like in the pic can travel the same distance a massive sailing yacht can, only but a week slower if crossing oceans. Shorter drafts make shallows more navigable.
>Stowage
Underway, a couple would sleep in the Salon, leaving the entire V-berth open, not to mention all of the bench lockers...
>
>>
>>723181
>Shorter drafts make shallows more navigable.
Yeah, but that thing is short and fat and slow.

>Underway, a couple would sleep in the Salon, leaving the entire V-berth open, not to mention all of the bench lockers...
A V-berth is not stowage.
>>
>>720361

One of my boss's friends used to hunt wild boars with knives. He'd hide up in a tree with bait below him and wait for them to show up, then he'd jump down and stick em in the throat. He ended up getting gored by one after he landed wrong and broke his ankle on the jump.
>>
>>720368
Hemingway's a cuck
No, seriously, read the sun also rises
>>
>>722270
>Fat fucks bearing high power rifles against creatures in game farms

You don't need balls nor dedication to achieve that. It's for pussies like the ones that pay to be dragged to the everest summit.
>>
>>723154
That would be a respectable hunter
>>
Judging by the number of friends I've had die doing them, I'd put it as:

Kayaking
Rock climbing
Downhill skiing
>>
>>725002
Kayaking is only dangerous if you're an idiot and don't use proper safety equipment and wear the correct clothing.
>>
File: img-thing_out.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing_out.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>725002
a lot of your friends die anon?
>>
>>725107
2 died kayaking in separate incidents, 1 fell while climbing, another hit a tree and died skiing.
>>
File: original.jpg (56KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
56KB, 600x500px
>>725895
>all "accidents"
>>
>>725895
Darwin
>>
>>725895
>tfw I hit a tree but my head was fine as I managed to react quickly enough to just bugger up my leg for a couple of weeks
Lesson learned, never skiing in the trees again.
>>
Polar bear tickling.
Naked.
>>
>>720361
trapping in northern alaska is pretty harsh
>>
File: 01_KELUCASZ_2248995a.jpg (40KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
01_KELUCASZ_2248995a.jpg
40KB, 620x413px
>>726200
it's not easy being the only gay in the village is it anon :[
>>
>>720382
>free rock climbing
>This is just stupid. Either a circus act or something that someone with an extreme need for validation would do
Fuck you, ropes and helmets are for fags
>>
>>720364

This isn't necessarily that dangerous anymore with AIS collision avoidance becoming more common. I've cruised throughout latin america and you can just sleep as long as you have an AIS alarm, Channel 16 cranked up, and get up every half hour to 45 minutes to look around.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.