[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning to make a sort of field guide for something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: ritr.png (281KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ritr.png
281KB, 700x700px
I'm planning to make a sort of field guide for something I'm involved in and I'm looking to find page protectors for small binders. Exactly what it's for matters little though since I'll likely use the supplies for other projects as well. This doesn't need to be heavy duty, I'd just like to be able to get a good amount of them for a decent price.

Currently I am looking at getting one of the small binder kits from Rite in the Rain (I have a few of their products already and I am pleased with them) but they don't sell basic page protectors, just the heavy duty ones as part of an accessory purchase (includes a page protector, a zipper pouch, and a business card page). Anyone know where I can get page protectors for a 6 ring memo binder? The RitR binder fits 4 5/8" x 7" pages, so that's what I'm basing this off of unless someone can recommend a good small binder alternative. I'd prefer if it were easy enough to fit in a pants pocket, and when needed I'll use simple weather proofing methods (ziplock bag for example) since this isn't likely to be an item I'll be using in difficult weather.

PS: I do have plans to set up an actual field/outdoors notebook kit for other uses, but that's more for a potential future situation.
>>
>>718841
What's the scale of this project? Would printing on Tyvek be an option?
>>
>>718846
It's honestly rather small. Mostly for a handful of friends and myself. And if it goes much beyond that I run the risk of dealing with copyright issues since I don't own the material I'll be putting into this guide. Assuming I don't fuck up the formatting, I don't expect this to get anywhere near 50 pages per guide, and assuming everyone wants one it'll be 7 books total.
>>
>>718846
>>718852
Oh, and considering I may have to add pages and/or reformat over time, it'd be better if I can print on standard paper and just swap the pages out of page protectors.
>>
>>718841
I don't know, but I'll give you a bump to keep this alive a little longer. It piqued my interest.
>>
>>719754
Thanks, I've been checking in occasionally and watching the page count, and intended to bump if it got too low on the catalog.
>>
File: book.jpg (636KB, 780x2700px) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
636KB, 780x2700px
Not suggesting this as a solution for OP, but I made this over the weekend and I don't know when else I'll ever be able to post it.
>>
Laminating might be your best bet. You can buy a little home laminating machine for fairly cheap.
>>
>>719864
Sadly I'm starting to think that. It would be more costly to update the books sadly but still relatively doable assuming I can afford the supplies at the time of the update(s).
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.