[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /out/. so this is probably a rather random/esoteric gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: hydro flask.jpg (42KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
hydro flask.jpg
42KB, 650x650px
hey /out/.

so this is probably a rather random/esoteric gear recommendation... but i'm looking for a water bottle that's good with atmospheric pressure changes.

so i fly jets in the military and i'm still enough of a Californian that the fact that i bring disposable water bottles on flights irritates me. the bag i have that holds all the checklists and such that i fly with has a convenient water bottle pocket that fits a regular disposable bottle. the thin plastic is not really that great at the pressure changes as evidenced by the half-crumpled bottle after a flight, and losing a lid in the cockpit is something i'd rather not do. space is at a premium, hence the "normal water bottle" size.

i've got a 32 oz hydroflask that i like, but the one time i flew with it, it got in the way. also with my mask and turbulence and everything, it's annoying to drink from wide mouth bottles

so rundown of desired/needed features:
some way of coping with pressure changes
retained lid/drink-thru lid
narrow mouth if
reuseable
same diameter as a "standard" disposable water bottle
insulation would be nice.

any suggestions
>>
Don't you guys still use Gatorade bottles as toilets?
>>
>>718722

no, there's like this absorbent gel stuff in a plastic bag with a built-in funnel you pee in.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 975x1218px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 975x1218px
Jet pilots post on 4chan? Whatta time to be alive! Also this bottle is cool, It's got a self sealing spout so you don't spray water on the controls and crash in a fiery inferno.
>>
>>718746
Its also insulated
>>
>>718746

there are a few of us on /k/.

thanks, that seems interesting!
>>
>>718749
I just realized it would probably take pressure changes in stride too. the spout has a little rubber valve that's water tight, but would let air out or in with enough pressure.
>>
>>718756

yeah, and worst come to worst it would expand or contract a little.

so: the chill or the ice? is the difference worth about double the price?
>>
>>718746
Those are nice bottles. They definitely adjust to pressure changes, one downside is it adjusts with a steady clicking noise that annoys me personally. Although in a plane I suppose you wouldn't hear it that much. Also, remove the plastic cap on the nozzle and clean all around the mechanism or it collects all kinds of nasty shit.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008JE96S6/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1458639065&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=sigg+water+bottle&dpPl=1&dpID=31mIfRbqvgL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

this one served me great. small with cap that you can drink from like on bladders, with widemouth so you can clean it.
>>
>>718696
flies jets in the military
goes on 4chan for opinion on what works under pressure rather than talk with comrades

I call BS. Not military. cute thread though.

Try a lifestraw and suck moisture from the air. That's how us real military do it.
>>
>>718696
Try looking at Camelbak products.
>>
>>719010

because they all just go with disposeable bottles or leave their polycarbonate bottles on the ground.

and there's not a lot of moisture at altitude. air's fairly dry.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.