[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone get depressed after being out? I just got back from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_inline_nbxyn19BLF1r15m9t.png (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nbxyn19BLF1r15m9t.png
18KB, 500x500px
Does anyone get depressed after being out?

I just got back from a two day fishing trip. It didnt take long for me to see politics, idiot college kids, angry people, retarded tv shows. Just basically culture and society. It made me really depressed because i got detached from all that when i was out... now im feelin the feels
>>
>>715457
Yes. It happens to me after everything intensely fun or calming too.
Like laughing with a good friend, spending a day being active and minding my own business..
then suddenly I am "back to reality."
>>
This me. Makes me want to start a hobo general thread and never come home.
>>
>>715457
I hear it's fairly common for thru hikers to consider suicide. Spending so much time away from bullshit then having it thrust upon you from all directions is always hard.
>>
i feel this way every summer when i vacation at my relatives house in another state. we have a week long beach trip and we rent a beach house (as per yearly family tradition) and its such a blast, and every time i leave to go back home i literally have to hold back tears and know that I'm about to go back to being depressed at home.
>>
File: IMG_20151114_093907088.jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151114_093907088.jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>715457

Just the knowledge of how shitty civilization is can make me tear up while I'm /out/.

I try to take memory snapshots of being truly happy, and reflect on them for a pick-me-up later.

One of my favorites is from 2 years ago- it was my 3rd flyfishing trip and I was getting the hang of drifting nymphs. I had packed up for the day and was walking on a logging road in a national forest, there were no noises of traffic, no airplanes, just the sound of wind blowing at treetop level. The road takes a steep switchback and I see the sun setting, only half-visible, over a distant mountain. I cried and even vomited once. I was so happy, I wanted to kill myself. I get nothing like the response I got that day from civilized life.
>>
>>715457
Do you feel like just going out into wild and showing middle finger to civilization?
Being out in wild is fairly simple, in civilization you have to take care about bullshit like employment or taxes.
>>
I stopped watching TV years ago, does wonders.

I.also stay off 90% of the boards on 4chan.
>>
>>715457
I don't get depressed, I get angry

>>715788
This
TV is cancer
>>
>>715708
OP here, thats a beautiful picture thanks.

Thanks also to others in this thread. The world just seems so fake to me when im in real life
>>
>>715935
>in real life
No, this is the nightmare
/out/ is real
>>
>>715938
This.
>>
It's closer to how life should be, its the environment we evolved in, the pace we lived at.

I would give anything for a world where /out/ is the norm.
>>
>>715457

Stop watching tv and cut down your time in the internet.

Set a goal of 3 hours a day. Whenever you feel like browsing 4chan read a book, clean the house or chat with a friend instead
>>
Physically I do sometimes. If I come home from a Winter trip where I can take a hot shower and then bury myself in my comfortable bed, then it's a great feeling. But if I come back from a Spring fishing trip and didn't catch anything, I'm covered in bug bites, I'm hot and sticky, etc. it is the worst feeling ever.

Mentally not really. Being /out/ is a love hate thing with me. When I'm home and working every day, all I can think about is planning my next /out/ trip. Then when I'm on my /out/ trip all I can think about is getting home and sleeping for 12 hours.
>>
Just got back from Grand Canyon hiking in AZ, and I want to kill every northeastern driver I've come across.
>>
I was up in the mountains for five days last week without TV, internet, or technology.

No tumblr bullshit. No drama. No "progressiveness". No worrying about anything. Just having a good time with my friend and seeing the beauty of nature and life.

When I came back I felt emotionally drained over politics, over who can use what bathroom, over stuff that really doesn't matter.
>>
Yeah, I'm becoming a bit of an anthrophobe right now. Makes me feel horrible and ill speaking to some people with all this fake suspended bullshit. All the noise and stink and rubbish and obnoxious selfishness and narcissism. Makes me wanna kill myself more than I already do.

Half of this is just mental illness, but I do only ever really feel peace and happiness when I'm alone somewhere quiet out in the forest. So in the meantime I just try to appreciate the simple things. The sun on my face. The rain on my jacket. Small drawings and the progress of my plants. Keep your heads up guys. And consciously stay away from as much bullshit as you can. Really helps.
>>
>>715951
Thanks for the inspiration
>>
>>716034
No worries friend. Being mindful about this stuff is important. Society does have a place and a purpose, it just comes with a lot of stupid shit alongside it.
>>
>>715944
>read a book
anon nobody owns books any more.
>clean the house
anon nobody cleans their own house any more.
>chat with a friend instead
anon nobody has friends any more.

>>715457
as far as not being apart of society, it just doesn't work anon. humans need social interaction, groups.. its just how our brains are. we could go without but we lose social cues and our speech.
>>
I just really fucking hate people.

Thinking about hopping off the Hamster wheel that is life, and selling everything I own for land and a small cabin.

I just need to think of a business that would work well out in bumfuck egypt so that I can pay my taxes.

I like working with metal, so blacksmithing is always an option. I just have no experience in forging or any of that bullshit.

I just want to go for months at a time in total seclusion to write some personal and philosophical life poetry that I can reflect on. I want to explore the darkest and most vibrant parts of my psyche. I want to confront my fears and the gutwrenching truths I have been running from for the last 5 years. I want to finally put the doubt that keeps me up at night to bed, and I want to change. Not into a new person, but who I really am. Not this weak timid product of society that I am now. I want to be my own man, with the experiences to guide my path.
>>
File: fishing peeps.jpg (19KB, 499x280px) Image search: [Google]
fishing peeps.jpg
19KB, 499x280px
Uninstalled muh vidya games for finals and went fishing after my last test. Have no urge to go back and I feel like a big boy.
>>
Happens to me, too. I just feel like I really don't belong in society (as cliche as that sounds) every time I come back from a trip, it even makes me think about suicide, but those feelings wear off after a day or two, but yeah, it's pretty obvious that nature is where I'm really happy.
>>
>>716215

I'm not sure if the first part is satire. I hope it is, although few people I know keep up with cleaning their houses. As far as reading goes, most people I know that read are idiots who treat it like a volume game. They read things that are, or are barely above, YA novels and don't like to be challenged by what they read. It makes me sick every time a conversation about books starts and people are reading the Percy Jackson novels or something by Neil Gaiman. I get that mindless enjoyment has a place, but there are only so many hours in a day and days in a life to spend on this stuff.
>>
>>716454
know any good /out/ related books?
>>
File: 1456986862177.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1456986862177.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Other people
>"Woah nature, woah im a hippie, so free, wow unique, one with the planet"
Me
>The forest is a tough unfriendly place looking to murder you, stay awake and live cautious, one mistake can have drastic consequences

I'm in for the challenge, and enjoyment sitting in hunting towers enjoying a beer. But its not a friendly place, its hostile.
>>
>>716459

Nature is neither hostile nor welcoming. It just is. Stop anthropomorphising it.
>>
>>716459

THis>>716472 tbqh

You're just a hystrionic faggot.
>>
>>716595
>>716459
Other people
>Not thinking about much of anything
You two
>Projecting what you hate onto everyone

>in hunting towers enjoying a beer
>a tough unfriendly place looking to murder you
Choose one, drama queen
>>
>>715457
I used to get really down after a birthday party or sleepover as a kid. I called it the 'after party blues'.
I think it applies to any kind of good time though.
>>
>>715708
God damn that pic is awesome.

So comfy. Where is that if you don't mind me asking?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Here here, anon. Have a comfy pic from Carbondale, Colorado.
>>
>>715788
Most TV is poison.
>>
>>715457
yes and not only for big travels
i had been in a small town near the sea and that was enough to trigger deep shit in me when i returned
>>
>>715457
Yeah, it hits me harder the longer I stay away. 2014 was especially rough, I came out of the wilderness after a summer and found out about ebola, isis and a bunch of shootings all at once.
>>
I feel strengthened after time spent out, Like muh batteries have been recharged. It helps me handle the bullshit. Can't relate to sadfags.
>>
>>715942
This ._.

When will it be time to go home?
>>
File: Spanish Greyhound and lamb.jpg (22KB, 236x355px) Image search: [Google]
Spanish Greyhound and lamb.jpg
22KB, 236x355px
>>715457
Yes, it's terrible.

I'm in a real though situation because I love nature and being outdoors but I live in a big city and I'm struggling to what to do. Finding an equilibrium it's being hard.

first world problems I guess.
>>
>>715942
The feels
>>
I have an /out/ summer job that allows me to shut myself in and ignore politics, people, and the media the rest of the year and just lift, read, and play video games.
>>
>>719379

What job would that be? Im in a crisis of trying to find an /out/ job that doesnt top out at $10/hr
>>
File: DSC00273.jpg (3MB, 3687x2765px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00273.jpg
3MB, 3687x2765px
>>719607

Working along the US-Canada border for the International Boundary Commission doing various jobs, so it tends to be northern state guys. This summer might be different since it might be closer to home and going back home now and then will get tempting. I am frugal and for 1/3 of the year they pay for living expenses and food so I can save some money. I plan to get another job this fall if I can sort my life out.

Pic related: fall on the Alaskan tundra
>>
>>716454
Don't lump Percy Jackson shit with Neil Gaiman.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.