[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I aspire to become a mercurial backwoods trekking one-man open

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: rosemary cucumber g&t.jpg (37KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
rosemary cucumber g&t.jpg
37KB, 540x405px
I aspire to become a mercurial backwoods trekking one-man open cocktail bar, what's the best way to be able to prepare between 4 and 8 gin and tonics per day? I'm hiking about 10-12 miles a day so weight is an issue.

I reduced the weight of the gallon of gin by moving it into a shitty plastic jug but I will still need a pound of limes and another gallon of tonic or so. I will be able to make ice on the spot, it's still about 15 degrees farenheit up there. Is there some kind of carbonating tablet out there other than standard seltzer tabs? Can limes be freeze dried and rehydrated? Or is there some way I can pack some tea bags with lime zest for further weight savings?

If you reply to this thread I will appear to you just before dinner on the most difficult day of your next trip with your favorite cocktail
>>
>>713258
yolo
>>
Piss in water and sell beer. Americans won't know the difference. They drink the shittiest beer.
>>
>>713258
>What's the best way to prepare gin and tonics?
In a whiskey glass.

>I'll bring you a cocktail.
White Russian, please!
>>
As a thru-hiker, I approve of this. Ethanol has 7.1 calories per gram.
>>
Buy a bottle of "real lime" lime juice.
>>
>>713258
>mercurial backwoods trekking one-man open cocktail bar
So are you LARPing?
>I will appear to you just before dinner on the most difficult day of your next trip with your favorite cocktail
You'll never make it with your 2 gallons. How about at the trailhead when we're hiking out?
>>
>>713258
Gin Tonic is a long drink, not a cocktail.

Your core issue is ice. I don't know how high you're going.

A friend of mine has a portable bar. The key is limiting choices. When he shows up to your party he's got 3 different drinks he can make - that's it. It's still a huge mess, your fingers get sticky, there's puddles everywhere, but it works.

But that's one large plastic box, not something you'd take hiking.

Take a single malt. You won't complement a night /out/ better, and it's easy to carry.
>>
File: beer[1].png (48KB, 599x282px) Image search: [Google]
beer[1].png
48KB, 599x282px
>>713282
How would you know? I can go to a dozen stores in a mile radius and there will be thirty different choices for beer at any of them. Some ranging in price from fifty cents a can to several dollars. Are you buying bottom shelf beer alcoholics use to soothe their troubled minds and proclaiming yourself an expert in American beer culture? There's 150 different microbreweries operating in my state alone. Surely some of them produce a high quality drink? I'm not even mad but you're the guy who watches the latest moeshit and proclaims all anime trash... Or the guy who watches the most recent hacknolan schlock and says American cinema is entirely awful! You're on the same level as pic related. baka desu senpai
>>
>>714475
Only someone from the US could draw such a cartoon.
>>
File: palcohol-powdered-alcohol.png (69KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
palcohol-powdered-alcohol.png
69KB, 500x462px
>>713258
>what's the best way to be able to prepare between 4 and 8 gin and tonics per day?

I'd be willing to try the Kamikaze mix if I knew where to buy the stuff.
>>
>>714489
>powdered alcohol
holy shit you fucking retard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c0QLaVLhTs
>>
>>714512
>youtube videos with clickbait titles and exclamation marks

>>>/trash/
>>
File: palcohol.jpg (198KB, 1171x627px) Image search: [Google]
palcohol.jpg
198KB, 1171x627px
>>714512

Right off the bat, let me say that the 2nd most annoying thing in the world to listen to, is a smarmy Brit talking down his nose about something (the most annoying thing is a crying baby) but secondly, he gets all hung up on the fact that the powdered alcohol weighs the same as liquid alcohol but he’s ignoring that someone who is backpacking is already carrying water and that the powdered alcohol is much smaller in size and more packable then liquid alcohol.

For backpacking, it’s much easier to carry a few packs of powdered alcohol mix, then several bottles of liquid alcohol.

You cum guzzling faggot.
>>
>>713258
sounds like a cool idea OP
>pound of limes
juice them beforehand and just carry the juice in another plastic jug
not sure about carbonation beyond afro-engineering some sort of DIY sodastream out of CO2 bike tire inflators
>>
>>714550
The powdered alcohol has about the volumetric alcohol density of wine. Put your wine in a plastic bottle and you have matched the "advantage" of powdered shit.
>>
>>714557

You and Smarmy Britbong are both missing the point; several powdered alcohol packs of Cosmopolitans for example, is FAR easier to pack then a bottle of vodka, a bottle of cointreau, a bottle of lime juice and a bottle of cranberry juice, as well as the water you’re packing.
>>
>>714649
Watch the video doing the math on your statement.
>>
>>714656

I did watch the video (once is MORE than enough...) but as math ain’t my strong suit, maybe you can explain to me how lugging a bottle of vodka, a bottle of cointreau, a bottle of lime juice and a bottle of cranberry juice (as well as carrying water) is somehow easier then tossing a couple of powdered alcohol packets in your backpack?
>>
File: onemanband1.png (561KB, 700x720px) Image search: [Google]
onemanband1.png
561KB, 700x720px
>Not wanting to become a one man bar-d
Replace the backpack with a barrel of spirits. Attach cymbal to top. Get an umbrella hat. Wear barbershop quartet outfit. Wire an accordion to shoot out different drinks for different notes played. Play people cocktails. Walk through campgrounds and smash underage girls.
>>
>>714691
not that guy but OP is trying to be a roving bartender, not some guy pouring water into alcoholic crystal light packets
>>
>>714480
He worked at NASA as a roboticist for a while.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.