[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi was wondering how to get started in becoming a survivalist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: axGNeyD_460s_v1.jpg (42KB, 460x447px) Image search: [Google]
axGNeyD_460s_v1.jpg
42KB, 460x447px
Hi was wondering how to get started in becoming a survivalist ? I really wanna start spending more time out doors and such
>>
Best way is learn by doing just go out into the wild and live. It ain't that hard illiterate bush people do it every day. You can't learn if you don't do.
>>
Op here... Ok thanks for the advice!
>>
>>712387
Plan a trip to the woods.

You can start full on glamping, and then start taking things you don't need out of your load. Streamline your shit
>>
>>712387
Going outside is a good start. Do some hiking.
>>
Study stuff about it and practice it in the woods.
>>
>>712387
Where do you live, OP?
>>
Op here,all this advice is good and I live in new Hampshire
>>
>>712387
>how to get started in becoming a survivalist ?
>spending more time out doors

You dun answered yerself, fella. Actually depending upon what you're looking to do while out a little research before hand wouldn't be a bad idea. If you have it in your head you'll be foraging a field guide about local edible plants (and their poisonous lookalikes) would be worth reading. If you're just looking to bird-watch a guide for your area will help you to identify what you see or maybe help you to track down more isolated species. And if you want to go out without any kind of tent or bag you'd be extremely wise to research proper shelter building techniques for your area.

>>712433
This too. I'd never bash anybody who genuinely wants to start going out and decides to bring half the house and the kitchen sink along out of precaution the first couple times Over time you'll learn real quick how much you can comfortably leave at home (and how much more comfortable you'll be packing a lot less weight).
>>
>learn how to grow food
>learn how to kill food
>learn how to start fires with what nature gives you
>learn how to build natural shelters
>learn how to protect yourself from various animals in the wild
>learn what plants you can and cannot eat, and what they may be useful for medically
>stay in top mental and physical to shape
>learn how to navigate with the sun and stars
>learn how to purify water

Or be American and stay fat and spend $10K on a 5 year supply of dehydrated food to store in your zombie bugout shelter.
>>
>>712387

Here's a tip: don't call yourself a 'survivalist' and don't rely on any information from anyone or anything that uses 'survival' as a title.

What you want to do is camp, or hike or just learn bush skills. "Survival" people are the armageddon "shit hits the fan" people who are paranoid and obsessed with gear that you neither need nor want. Most of these people don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

I like Ray Mears' mentality about bush skills. Look him up on youtube and start with his book "essential bushcraft".

Also, learn how to tie knots. That shit is useful. I would recommend going to animatedknots.com and learning the following:
- Bowline
- Trucker's hitch
- Clove hitch
- Double fisherman's bend
- How to coil unattached rope

Good luck OP, and as the others said, the first step is just going outside. You'll learn pretty quickly what you need and don't have as well as what you have and don't need.
>>
Do tick checks
Don't drink raw water(filter it or boil)
Don't run away from bears
Dont eat unknown plants
Watch you step and don't break/sprain anything
Keep gear dry
And you're good to go practice
>>
Better drink your own piss
>>
>>714897
>don't drink raw water(filter it or boil)
both actually
filtering removed particles and toxins, but not bacteria and viruses
boiling kills bacteria and viruses, but doesn't remove particles and toxins
you need to do both to your drinking water
>>
>>714983
filtering does not remove toxins lol
it only removes large particles
>>
Op here... it was cold outside and the wind was blowing. I decided to stay in. How do I delete a thread?
>>
>>715327
>filtering doesn't remove toxins
>filtering doesn't filter
literally retarded
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.