[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the beach a good bug out location? I live on the coast where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (22KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22KB, 443x332px
Is the beach a good bug out location? I live on the coast where there are miles of untouched coastline, what are the downsides of staying on the coast in the dunes?
>>
Jumping, bitey sand fleas. The itching is unbearable. Also, sand everywhere. You and everything you love will be covered with sand at all times. When the wind blows you'll even have sand in your eyes. And rotting, desiccated sea life. Seaweed, ocean creatures all constantly rotting. The ocean is full of life and so is the sand. You will be surrounded at all times by things that are interested in eating you, living on or in you and things that are just plain disgusting. The ocean is great to visit, but eventually you're going to want to get the hell off the beach and get clean.
>>
>>711987
/thread
Anon pretty much nailed it.
>>
access to:
>fresh water
>shelter/building materials
>hiding places from distant observers

woods will always be godtier bugout
>>
River beach > ocean beach
And this >>711987
>>
>>711980
There aren't any poisonous freshwater fish, but would you know what not to eat out of the ocean?

On the other hand, hyponatremia can be a concern. Unlimited salt would be nice.
>>
Protip: Storms are real. If there´s a storm, a beach is the last place you want to be in. Same goes for rivers. Floods and shit like that happen.

As a rule of thumb, in any area with plant life the open ground around bodies of water usually indicates those places which are frequently submerged under violently moving water. Thats the reason why there aren´t any plants growing there.
>>
>>711987
> I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
>>
File: funtimes.jpg (200KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
funtimes.jpg
200KB, 800x600px
>>711980
>>
>>712227
Actually I love sand and I love the ocean. I spend a shit ton of time in and around large bodies of water. I also have a shell fish license and make good use of it. And I know the varieties of seaweed that are super tasty and nutritious. That being said, I would not want to live on the beach.
>>
>>712227
to be fair sand is the lowest tier soil possible, it's not even above moonsand because at least that's rare.
>>
>>712136
>fresh water

Strangely enough near me there's a place where a freshwater spring comes out right next to a bay of sea water.
And with right next I mean if it's a unusually high tide you won't be able to get to it.
>>
>>711980
I love water, I love the ocean, I fish, I shellfish

All that said, there is too much sand at the beach.
>>
Fuck sand. It gets in your clothes, your food, your sleeping gear. Crunches between your teeth. Fuck it to hell. Not a fan of salt water either. The beach is great to visit and I love looking at the ocean, but I would far prefer to swim in and live around fresh water any day of the week.
>>
>>712227
>>712298
>>712299

When these tools don't get the star wars reference
>>
>>712651
>bragging about watching and remembering episodes 1-3
Only "A New hope", "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" minus the ewoks are canon. The rest is Lucas's own fanfic.

I bet you liked Rose Tyler too.
>>
>>712195
No-one going to acknowledge this very solid pro-tip? Young and dumb, 12 years ago camping in WV, camping in a ravine with gf. She thinks I'm hot shit, I've got all my rambo gear strewn about. Bam. Flash flood. Lost nearly all my gear and almost my truck. Gf no longer impressed with my rambo-ness. Trip over. Lucky thing, I got to restart my kit, streamline that shit, and learn to camp correct. Beach living in SC was shit. >>711987 nailed it, it is a life of suck. You may think you can keep things tidy. You cannot. Find a high spot innawoods.
>>
File: star-warstrilogy.jpg (146KB, 600x749px) Image search: [Google]
star-warstrilogy.jpg
146KB, 600x749px
>>712671
>>
>>712671
There's literally nothing wrong with Rose Tyler. And to add to what better be the consensus... Fuck the beach! Fuck the sand! Fuck sand travelling at the speed of the wind in a storm. I camped off the beach one night and a storm came out of nowhere fucking my shit up right.
>>
>>712681
Hells to the yes. Just remember that the woods are a lot colder than you expect and bring thermals. Holy shit. You will love your thermal clothes more than you'll ever expect. And stay dry. Getting cold and wet while living in the woods is a killer. That shit will take your ass out.
>>
>>712671
Rose Tyler leaving broke my heart, I was in fucking love man, I WAS IN FUCKING LOVE!!!!

I haven't watched it since...
>>
File: fig5-14.gif (19KB, 450x406px) Image search: [Google]
fig5-14.gif
19KB, 450x406px
>>711980
I think it's an alright idea. I have a large barrier island that will be my bug-out location if something really really bad happens.

There's plenty of food around if you know how to get it and you can make some pretty sweet sand shelters with a tarp. As long as you have some way to get plenty of fresh water, and beaches are the perfect place for solar stills.
>>
>>716178
Lol. Let us know how that works out for you
>>
File: 01.jpg (252KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
252KB, 1024x680px
>mfw /out/ worries more about the apocalypse than getting a good job
>>
>>717120
Why wouldn't this work out for him? You posted a lot of valuable insight but please expand.
>>
Go watch the real castaway, great doco.
>>
File: howaboutno.gif (1MB, 205x211px) Image search: [Google]
howaboutno.gif
1MB, 205x211px
>>717165
>mfw implications
Nigger, I've got a good job. It's how I can afford to be /out/ when/where/how I want.
>be me
>need innawoods time
>check, yup i've got a couple weeks sick days
>cash in one week
>paid innawoods for seven days
feelsgood.tar.gz
>>
>>712681
FYI a flash flood can happen anywhere. Beach living is retarded but you just sound dumb.
>>
>>712288
Is that shooped?
>>
>>718656
while flash flooding can happen anywhere, in theory, certain places are higher risk than others. Beaches, tending to be found at natural low points, i.e. water, are at a higher risk than other places.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.