[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>thru-hiking the Pct >have everything down except clothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1455744979560.jpg (46KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
1455744979560.jpg
46KB, 511x511px
>thru-hiking the Pct
>have everything down except clothing

What do I need?
>>
Clothes
>>
>>701392
A sense of adventure so that you aren't a box checking thru-hiker normalfag
>>
Base layer

Mid layer

Shell layer

Work out climate and weight constraints and go from their
>>
>>701392
a dress you can wear if you cant find a ride bride
>>
>>701418
>baselayer- should I go with merino wool or synthetic
>midlands-, no clue what to do here
>shell- frog toggs and this Patagonia windbreaker I've had
>>
File: 1456541197732.jpg (34KB, 294x263px) Image search: [Google]
1456541197732.jpg
34KB, 294x263px
>>701467
What a delicious word salad
>>
>>701392
Knives or Axes are handy. Maps or GPS, waterbottles, a rape whistle, flint, waterproof boots, ropes, also it depends on how long you want to hike for, also beware of the stairs out there.
>>
>>701772
> rape whistle
> duck call

One can only hope...
>>
>>701772
Can't tell if this guy is messing with you or not.

The most important item of clothing is synthetic boxer briefs that cover as much of your inner thigh that rubs together while walking. Preventing chafing is a big deal.

Super light but loose long sleeve top. (Desert sun protection)
Super light short sleeve top. (Hiking shaded areas and it's nice to have something to change into)
Light shorts.
All if these should be synthetic for fast drying.

Maybe mail a lightweight insulating layer to yourself for Washington to wear after you're done hiking for the day, but you'll know to make that call by the time you get there. Long synthetic underwear is cash in Washington though.

I never used a rain shell until Washington and even then it was just to stay a little warmer. Didn't keep me dry for shit.

Get a silk or lightweight sleeping bag liner. This protects your bag from your nasty body and if it rains just get wet then sleep naked and put your wet shit back on in the morning. Staying dry is a fruitless effort.
>>
>>701792
Just to add to that, while keeping yourself dry is almost impossible, keeping your gear dry is a necessity. Keep your sleeping bag and any sleeping/camp clothes you have in trash bags or waterpoof bags and get a nice pack cover.

Good luck.
>>
>>701392
I'm bringing (for the PCT) two pairs of light synthetic shorts (I think one is dual-purpose swimwear), two dry fit synthetic t-shirts, two pair merino hiker cushion darn tough socks and for sleeping, one set thick milsurp polypro thermals and one merino beanie.

I still need to pick up some rain gear, I'll probably be going the poncho route so my bag stays dry and the shoulder straps don't wear through.

A couple things most people don't consider for a thru-hike: You'll be hand-washing and air drying your clothes, especially socks. I'll be hanging my socks off the back of my bag with a binder clip so I can wash/change them often. Half a bar of fels naptha and a dry bag is a great portable washing machine. You'll lose a lot of weight, whether you have it to lose or not. Try to get stuff with an elastic waistband, cords and belts will cut into you when you wear a backpack.

My start date is May 8th. Hope to see you out there.
>>
>>701792
>your inner thigh that rubs together while walking.

you sound fat
>>
>>701906
>walk 2700 miles over mountains with weight on your back
>still have skinny baby legs somehow
Good luck with that
>>
>>701910
Got big fat balls, hence I always wear compression shorts for hiking, otherwise you just get sore after some time. Addidas works best for me.
>>
>>701906
>Implying normal peoples don't
>>
>>701926
having a natural thigh gap is much more efficient in pedestrian movement

person on picture is just short legged
>>
>>701949
Yes... let the aspergers flow through you...
>>
>>701949
> person on picture

Isn't that the doper stoner? I wouldn't use the word "short", but I have big balls and legs of steel.
>>
>>701949
Trying to justify your feminine build and womanly hips.
>>
>>701949
>having a natural thigh gap is much more efficient in pedestrian movement

But not normal on a guy, guys have narrow hips because no babies.
>>
>>701826
Look out for a short mexican kid and a tall white kid duo. We're starting the 13th
>>
>>701971
Of April that is
>>
>>701971
Well, if I'm three weeks behind you, I'd have to haul ass to catch up, but I'll keep an eye /out/ for you.
>>
What time of year should you leave and how much ch food do you guys bring with you on the trail
>>
>>702002
You need to leave April or early May. Too early and you'll get fucked by the snow packs in the sierras. Too late and you'll fucked in Washington by winter.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm bored in fortworth Texas anybody want to do something I'm traveling so I don't have much money
>>
>>702078
Shreveport Louisiana here. Nice pup
>>
>>702105
I'm headed that way leaving in the next couple days
>>
>>702125
How old are you my man
>>
>>702139
24, dogs 3
>>
>>701409
zozzle
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.