[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a multi tool that revolves around cleaning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: th-4-1.jpg (16KB, 480x430px) Image search: [Google]
th-4-1.jpg
16KB, 480x430px
I'm looking for a multi tool that revolves around cleaning fish.

A flexible filet knife, catfish skinners instead of pliers, a scale remover, etc

Does anything like this exist?

If it doesn't, why not?
>>
>>690647
they do exist, but not in the conventional leatherman style. there are multitools in the form of a fixed blade that have most of what youll need to process a fish, even though they are shunned because fisherman generally dont need something so foofy. its assumed if you have the space to store a fish, you have an equal amount of space for tools
>>
>>690659

What if I'm a hobo and I want to use my begging money for a tool that will do it all?

Got any links?

I've been searching and I found ONE folding filet knife.
>>
>>690674
Buck makes some

I think havalon does too
>>
>>690647
I have these from Bass Pro, I'll get details and post in the morning
It's a 3 letter company that starts with K IIRC
>>
File: 533_Knives.jpg (90KB, 532x400px) Image search: [Google]
533_Knives.jpg
90KB, 532x400px
>>690647
Havalon makes the one in the pic. I've got the smaller one and have done a deer and a dozen smaller mammals with a single blade.
>>
>>690688
They also make a saw blade that will fit those larger handled knives. Not sure how big of fish your doing. I should also mention the hunter blade and filet blade will fit the same knife.
>>
>>690688

I've heard about those, those are REALLY good apparently.
>>
>>690688
That Baracuta Edge is sexy as all hell. Not cheap but I bet those are great.
>>
File: KVD_0629.jpg (511KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
KVD_0629.jpg
511KB, 1224x1632px
>>690685
This is the tool I was thinking of. Won't meet your needs exactly, no filet blade, has needlenose pliers but for $13 USD it's not bad

Designed to meet the needs of the world's top fisherman, the KVD Angler's Multi-Tool packs 15 essential functions into one compact, easy-to-carry device. Includes extra-long needle-nose pliers, heavy-duty cutters, curved dual serrated saw, hook sharpening file, scaler, curved serrated knife, hook remover, can opener, bottle opener, Phillips screwdriver, 2 flat screwdrivers, extendable ruler, crimper, and extra sharp standard knife. With the KVD Angler's Multi-Tool, you can "travel light" on the water, and still be ready for anything. Comes with its own nylon holster.
>>
>>690947
>Hook Sharpening File with Scaler
>Curved Dual Serrated Saw
>Nail Cleaner with Small knife

I don't even know what to think. At least we know the knife is extra sharp. Anyway, $13 is too much.
>>
>>690957
>$13 is too much
You're shit out of luck then. Not going to find anything better and cheaper than that KVD.
>>
>>690674
True hobo doesn't filet fish
>>
>>690984
No matter how poor you are buying this "tool" is a crime. There is no excuse to buy shit like this.

>better and cheaper
If this is how you choose I can't help you.
>>
File: IMAG2002_2.jpg (217KB, 456x807px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2002_2.jpg
217KB, 456x807px
>>690957
lol if you're a hobo and 13 bucks is too much you're doing it so fuckin wrong
>>
>>691005
>If this is how you choose
anon said $13 is too much.
I got the KVD as a gift that I can leave on the boat and if I drop it in the drink I won't be bummed out.
I certainly can afford much better and don't gravitate to multi-tools as a rule. Like Vise-grips, I believe multi's do everything more poorly than stand-alone tools.
OP asked for opinions. I gave one...
The KVD is not a piece of shit for $13, nor is it something I'd trust my life to. I'd give it 3 out of 5 for convenience.
>>
>>690947

OP here

>bottle opener
>on a knife geared towards fishermen

LOL I guess I didn't think of everything.

>wire cutters
>wire strippers
>screwdriver accoutrements

I guess that's a good idea in case you have to repair an outbound or be stranded in the water.

Thanks for all the good info, guys.
>>
>>691241
>repair an outbound
more like your reel, phillips is pretty damned small.
>>
>>691241
What you said here is exactly why I bought the Skeletool for fishing. Pliers, a knife, and then a screwdriver which is nice I guess if I need to rebuild a reel on the lake (not). But I didn't need a damn 4" wood saw for cutting line and unhooking fish.
>>
>>691365
Tripfag plz go
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 640x1136px
>>691368
At least talk shit about me not knowing anything or being a dick. You're not even trying.

>>690647
There's also pic related. I think they are kinda shitty though. Rapala makes some tools, maybe look into that. I think Eagle Claw does as well. Not sure if they do a leatherman-style multitool though, but they do combo sets.
>>
>>690957
You aren't going to find a multitool for much less than $13. You need to learn to make do with more primitive equipment.
>>
>>691912
Huh. I guess I'm wrong. That thing's about $8 on Amazon. With shipping, it might not be much cheaper, though.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.