[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Like many of you, I am an outdoor enthusiast. I enjoy hiking,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: asd.png (331KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
331KB, 550x550px
Like many of you, I am an outdoor enthusiast. I enjoy hiking, fishing, hunting, camping and many other things than are done under the open skies. What I find extremely hard to do is to find like-minded people to do these things with, mainly because solitude is one of the things that are so enjoyable about being outdoors.

While children are brought together by youth organizations of many sorts, adults – especially those under 40 – are having a hard time to find proper organizations to meet their demands. It may be enjoyable to walk the wilderness with older people, but sometimes you might want to have someone of similar age by your side.

Upon my research I found not a single club or anything alike that focuses on outdoorsmanship. There are plenty of club focusing on a specific field, but none that wants the whole deal. Since I'm a man of action, I have now taken it upon myself to start such an organization. My main objective is to offer a place for people to look for others and arrange meetings.

Unlike others I see no need to have an open forum. If people spend half of a day on a website to discuss how much they love the outdoors, it becomes a joke. Besides, there are plenty of outdoor-related forums out there to discuss such matters. The goal is to be outdoors, not discuss it's greatness.

One question remains: Do you feel the need for what I have in mind?
>>
>>688266
I agree with you Anon. I'm in my midtwenties and outside of coworkers or friends, it's hard to find people my age to go /out/ with. I wish there were adult boyscouts or something that would have more experienced members there to show others the ropes and woyld organize outings of various types.

I think what would work best is having local chapters, ex. It would be hard for someone on the east coast to get together with folks from the midwest or the west coast for /out/ activities.
>>
>>688266
I think you may want to try Craigslist Personals. Only the winners hang out there.
>>
>>688267
>I think what would work best is having local chapters, ex. It would be hard for someone on the east coast to get together with folks from the midwest or the west coast for /out/ activities.

Agreed, that what I had in mind.
>>
>>688266
Where do you live OP?
>>
>>688271
I am German, but I wouldn't limit it to this. The problem applies to everyone, no matter if European or American. Besides, it would be great to have people to speak to when going on a vacation.
>>
>>688266
Why fluff your paragraphs with a bunch of words? Cut them down in half so there's less pointless stuff to read and what you say is more clear and effective. It doesn't make you sound more smart, just someone trying way too hard to sound formal
>>
>>688274
I'm working on that. Have been acting like a douche for years, kind of hard to drop that habit.
>>
Meetup.com
>>
>>688266
>individual clubs are too specific for me
>people need to be 40 or under to be active
>there should be one size fits all clubs for people like me
>you shouldn't like only some aspects of being outdoors. You need to like everything.

You sound like a whiny bitch. I don't think I want to play with you.

There are millions of clubs already out there based on mutual interests. You can belong to more than one dumbass.
>>
>>688273
Yea i was gonna suggest meetup.com as well. It's great for outdoors stuff.
>>
>>688280
This, it's perfectly fine and normal (REEEEEEEE) to have more than one social circle with varying interests.

I have /out/ friend who love to hunt, but I'm not really that big on it so I don't accompany them on hunting trips. However we still go skiing or peak bagging together.
>>
>>688280
>You sound like a whiny bitch. I don't think I want to play with you.
Problem is, they want you to participate. All of them. I just want to know if people next to me want to go on a hike and fishing together. Or go camping plus hunting.
>>
>>688284
So basically you want to hang out with a bunch of clones of you.

How fucking boring is that?
>>
>>688284
Then ask them. And if they're going to do something you don't want to do then you say "No thanks, let's go " X" later though."
>>
>Hey (group), what are you doing this weekend?

>Hey Anon, we're going rock climbing. You should come along!

>No thanks, but let's go camping and fishing next weekend.

>OK, that sounds fun. See you next weekend!

It's literally that easy. Most /out/ people are chill as fuck and won't judge you for not doing something you don't want to do.

>
>>
>>688288
Is it really this simple?
Can't we have each person wearing their merit badges so I know what they have accomplished and what their interests are?
It would be like name tags.
We could color code them
Hiking could be green
Mountain hiking could be light blue.
Boating & fishing can be dark blue.
Golden showers could be yellow.
Hunting could be red.

I think you get the drift, right?
>>
>>688294
>Golden showers could be yellow.
You might be doing this outdoor thing wrong.
>>
>>688277
I know that feel. Hope you find what you're looking for
>>
OP, I'm gonna say something and I want you to know that I honestly not saying it in a mean or sarcastic way.

I think you should talk to a therapist or life coach about better developing your social skills. It might be kind of embarrassing at first, but in the long run I think it will help achieve what you want achieve and be a happier person.
>>
>>688298
I am a married man with a decent social life. No need to throw my money at a therapist. Anyways, thanks for the advise.
>>
Why do y'all assume that people have friends that are also into the outdoors? I have a bunch of friends, none of them are really into hiking or camping. It's not like I can force then to go with me, it wouldn't be fun for either party. I think OP is in a similar situation.
>>
>>688305
So am I but I can see the benefits so possibly you are in denial.

Good luck.
>>
>>688305
I think there is. I recognize a lot of the signs as someone who had a trouble with this in the past. The unnecessarily complicated language, anxiety about friendship expectations, etc.

I'm not saying you have to spend thousands of dollars on intensive therapy, but a few sessions here and there might help you stop "acting like a douche" as you put it.

Anyway, as other anons have said, it's fine to belong different groups with different interests and to say "No thanks" to things you're not interested in. Organized /out/ clubs are very upfront about their plans and do not expect 100% attendance to every trip or event.
>>
>>688310
Or. Oorrrrr, English is his second language.
>>
>>688315
OP here, it is. Never thought about it, but that could be the reason why I write like that in English. Common speech is hard to handle.
>>
>>688266
>Since I'm a man of action, I have now taken it upon myself to start such an organization. My main objective is to offer a place for people to look for others and arrange meetings.
>Unlike others I see no need to have an open forum.
If I understand you correctly you don't want to be part of any existing groups but want to start your own where you are the dictator over what activity is done. I think that is what you mean by no open forum.
>>
>>688337
>If I understand you correctly you don't want to be part of any existing groups but want to start your own where you are the dictator over what activity is done. I think that is what you mean by no open forum.

You got that wrong.
>>
>>688339
>I have now taken it upon myself to start such an organization.
Do you care to explain your organization and how I can join? I would love to be a part of something that I don't have to choose what I want to do, just follow the masses with this weekend's activity.
>>
>>688347
>Do you care to explain your organization and how I can join? I would love to be a part of something that I don't have to choose what I want to do, just follow the masses with this weekend's activity.
Again, you got that wrong.
>>
>>688348
>Again, you got that wrong
Doesn't OP state you have taken it upon yourself to start this organization? Is there a website? More info?
Are there fees?
Your idea seems great but you are losing me with the uninformative responses.
>>
>>688317
Well then your English is excellent for a second language, but I stand by my recommendation, feel free to consider it or ignore it.
>>
One of my favorite /out/ partners before I moved was a coworker in his 60s. He was great to hike with, had many great stories and I learned a lot from him.
>>
>>688266
Don't try and build some kind of formal organization, just build a circle of friends and activity partners.

Meet-up is a great tool for this because you can plan an activity and it will automatically notify people who are in the group of new plans, changes to plans and they can RSVP so you can get a rough idea of how many people are going to show up.

It's less of a discussion forum and more of a planning tool.

I'd also recommend volunteering with your local trail organization once in a while, it's a great way to get /out/ and meet people with similar interests.
>>
>>688266
I fully agree and would love this.
>>
>>688266
Good idea OP, good luck.
>>
>>688266
Hi OP, how do I join your organization?
Where are you based out of? If you aren't in my area I could start a chapter out here. I see a definite need for this.
>>
>>688266
As a near total amateur sc/out/er, yes.

I would be more inclined and motivated to peruse outdoor activities if there was a group to go with / show me the way. I'm about to hit my mid 20s
>>
>>688266
i find that most outdoors movements in my country are infested with preppers and other whackos.
>>
You could always try searching for a facebook group that focuses on outdoor activities in your area. There's plenty in my country, although I live in a really small country compare to Germany.
>>
>>688266
Like magic; like minded people
>>
>>688274

This style of casual writing is honestly boring to read. I'd prefer to here from someone who has been thinking about their word choices rather some click bait bullshit. Don't listen to this guy he's a moron.
>>
You know why I like to hunt, fish, forage, camp, etc?

Because I can do it alone and don't have anyone around to bother me. To hell with your frat house outhouse ideas.
>>
stop half assing it then, and become a ranger
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.