[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, gardening questions... >back story time >be me >living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: images-94.jpg (10KB, 388x379px) Image search: [Google]
images-94.jpg
10KB, 388x379px
So, gardening questions...
>back story time
>be me
>living in the hell hole called south africa with what qualifies as a stable job these days
>tried to emigrate, no luck
>fall into a lucky pot and acquire the title deed to an old warehouse, but manufacturing here is shot
>nobody wants to rent tiny warehouse
>feels bad man.jpg
>nig nogs killing farmers left and right here
>soon there will be a food shortage in SA
>get idea to start aquaponics farm, get started before shit hits the fan
>do some research
>figure I'll do it in the warehouse
>limited lighting, why not create artificial light?
>research.exe
>red and blue are optimal, green shows potential too
>visit Mongolia goat breeding forum called 4 chins
> asks advice on the matter

Anyone have advice?

Tl;dr: asking for advice on growing plants indoors using aquaponics and LED lighting

Pic related: advice our president should follow before he fucks us all even more
>>
Aquaponics creates excellent plant growth in a limited amount of space. But you live in a sunny, warm country with plenty of farmland. So whatever you grow will probably cost more than your competition so what's your angle? You need to figure that out first before you start delving into what grow-lights or aquaponics system you should buy.

What kinds of specialty produce can you grow that isn't being covered by the market already, but yet has enough demand that you can sell everything you produce?

Are there ethnic minorities of substantial population from say, China, who miss specialty ingredients like Chinese Watercress (Ipomoea aquatica)?

You need to figure that out first and do all the math before you get started, or least start out small as a side business and try to grow it slowly.
>>
>>665544

dont listen to this idiot

just read up man
if you cant understand the material then find better material
>>
>>665538
Not green. You know how plants look green to us? That's because they reflect green light. Stick with red, warm white, cool white, blue. Do research wavelengths, see what works best for photosynthesis (general ranges as well as individual plant preferences).

>>665544 has some good points.

>>665547 too, except his first sentence.
>>
>>665547
>figuring out your market is dumb, u should just read books. what books? oh um, you know, books you understand

yeah i'm the idiot here
>>
>>665555
Quads with leading dubs... nice...
Anyway, thanks everyone for all the info.
>>665544
Triple dubs, nice... also, my angle is that even though there is a hell of alot of farm land and sunlight, there's the "kill the farmer" movement that's gaining ground. Soon enough, there will be no white farmers and the black farmers are already pulling out because they expected higher profits than they're getting. This will push up the cost of food, whereas aquaponics is only expensive to set up, but not maintain if it's done properly. We have also been having droughts here, and water shortages. This means farmers are pushing up their prices. And with aquaponics, water is recycled, and none is wasted. Hence, lower cost, less land... only concern is my electricity, but solar panels should solve that problem. My angle will be organically grown vegetables. Whatever I can grow, at first I'd assume lettuce, cabbage and if possible, rice or wheat. If I can get established, this country tends to flock towards name brands, and my name brand will be out there as a beacon because of unfortunate circumstances. That's my angle
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.