[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings. somewhat of a poser /out/. I like the idea of being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1451285321489.jpg (109KB, 1000x733px) Image search: [Google]
1451285321489.jpg
109KB, 1000x733px
Greetings.

somewhat of a poser /out/. I like the idea of being /out/ though I think I'm too used to creature comforts.

how do I get into it for real? especially if I don't have friends or a social life?

what are some cheap/affordable yet surprisingly handy edc gear to get for an average person
>>
>what can I buy for cheap that makes me look more rugged?
You are asking for everyday carry gear to go /out/?
Every day?
Where are you going?
What are you doing?
>>
Compass
Jeans
Boots
Long sleeve shirt
Hat

You're welcome.
>>
>>662747
nah stuff that is handy in everyday urban life yet is still somewhat /out/ish
>>
>>662753
>>>/fa/

sage
>>
>>662744
Yeah, I browse here just to get inspo for my sick /out/ aesthetic. I don't go outdoors or anything, but I sure like to look the part when i'm walking between classes on my college campus. I EDC a ferro rod, a mora, and a shemagh.
>>
Why not just go /out/ for real. It doesn't have to be an episode of Survivorman when you go /out/.

Wear good shoes and go to a state park. Hike a trail for the day. Carry and backpack with water and snacks. Use your phone as a camera. Find a stick to use as a walking stick.

It'll be fun. You might actually like it.
>>
>>662749
I'm not op, but what compass would you recommend that is also affordable? Preferably one that serves multiple uses and I water tight, though that's not a necessity. What is the /out/ favorite compass?

The one I have now basically amounts to what you might find in a cereal box.
>>
>>662772
Any orienteering compass, go to your local outfitter or and REI EMS or whatever and ask about an entry level orienteering compass. Then go take a community ed class on how to use it, so you don't look like a fool when you show it off.
>>
>>662744
How many layers is that falling chick wearing?
>>
>>663001
Agreed, < layers would be a better op pic... like none!
>>
>>662744
>how do I get into it for real?

Go on a trail hike for a few hours to a day every once in a while.

Being /out/ doesn't mean that you are out camping for days at a time, you could be going snowshoeing in the winter, or cross country skiing, or just day hiking. You can do all of these things just by yourself, in fact I really like these short solitary time away.
>>
>>662765
This
>>
>>662744
Get into it gradually, no need to rush. Day hiking on trails is the most basic, and probably the best place to start. If you can find a local hiking group that does intro courses or can recommend a group outing suitable for a beginner that's even better. You don't always have to go with people, but you'll learn more and be safer if you start out with companions.

Get some light hiking shoes and a simple backpack, don't forget your rain gear, and bring enough water and snacks so that you can keep your energy up and not get thirsty. The compass and map are handy but you should seek instruction on how to use them first (again, local clubs/schools.) I bring a knife to cut cheese and that's about all, if you must have one get something simple and don't spend too much. You'll get more use out of a good rain jacket or a nice pair of hiking pants this early in the game.

Don't be afraid to ask more experienced people for advice. You are a beginner, it's OK to act like it. You'll get more respect from the community by asking before you leap and keeping a good attitude than you will by jumping in and then asking later.
>>
>>662765
OP don't listen to this guy, this is exactly how thousands of unprepared idiots get lost in state and national parks every year and get raped and killed by bears, lions, big foot, crazy hill-billies, wolves, some kind of attack eagle or eagle owl hybrid, aliens.

Your best bet is to just hide inside your house and maybe crack a window open. Wait until its dark and the breeze is really howling, then imagine if you weren't home in a comfy bed but instead miles and miles away from anyone with bugs crawling all over you and no microwave to heat up a delicious poptart. Now stop imagining that nightmare, flick a lightswitch on, go get that poptart you earned it, and crawl back into your snuggly warm bed, hug your sheets tight around you and watch another episode of Survivorman or Man vs Wild or Dual Survival or whatever your favourite survival show is. And laugh at those retards for putting themselves in a dangerous situation for NO REASON AT ALL.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.