[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys i wanna get into camping. I used to as a child but had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Hey guys i wanna get into camping. I used to as a child but had a trailer and and a generater. I wanna do wild camping and fish for my food and trap small animals. Where would i start what do i buy.

Pic kinda related
>>
>>662428
Start small, work your way up. Buy a full setup of whatever gear you can afford, but keep it minimalistic. Upgrade from there. There's good advice and gearouts listed in the bug out bag thread. Don't pack more than you need.
>>
>>662431
Ok yeah ive been doing research something to cook with and sleep to start i guess. What would be a good startef backpack that i can pack a tent and other things.
>>
>>662450
backpacks are pretty basic. desu, just go to an REI or something. Bags are going to cost you a good bit though.
>>
>>662428
I'm kinda of like you OP. I started searching some camping gear checklists and went from their. I never thought butane stoves were a thing and I really.like them
>>
>>662428
Food, water, warmth, shelter. These are the four things you need. Anything else is going to be frivolous. The more weight you carry, the more calories you'll burn, and the more food you'll need, costing you even more weight.

Get a small metal cup, a soda can stove and some HEET or denatured alcohol. Get a camelbak or two one litre bottles, some tabs and a filter. Get a sleeping bag, tent or bivvy, ground pad, rain fly if you need one, and rain gear. Carry a few hand warmers just in case. I keep a lighter on me, in my mess kit and in my first aid kit. I carry a folding knife on me. The only other thing you'll need is food. I always carry two days' worth of extra food (extremely calorie dense) in addition to my typical dehydrated camping food (mountain house). I don't carry axes or saws or kukris or shovels. Buy yourself a military field guide and a local plant identification field guide memorize them, then carry them anyway. You can always add to this later, but most people make the mistake of buying a thousand things they never use, watch "wild", you'll see what I mean. I have several decades worth of pointless gear I've collected, myself. It took a long time and a lot of trips before I realized how little stuff I really needed.

If you'd like to go the bivvy route, I'm working on a group buy to get some cheap. Check it out: >>662369
>>
OP, just YouTube Sigma 3 Survival School.

> modern day cut and dry wilderness survival
>>
File: QuickMemo+_2016-01-10-08-21-29.png (1MB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
QuickMemo+_2016-01-10-08-21-29.png
1MB, 1440x2392px
>>662826
Pic related
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.